xb2003 which yamaha

Lotus 50

Why cover the speedometer? If it's your first Allison driving experience, you'll just feel bad looking at the speedometer. The first time we took my SS20000 out, my brother and I could not get past the low 50's. It didn't bother me a bit as I knew it would take some seat time. Ally's are not that hard to learn, and I figured it out.

Darth VMAX

I just mentioned it because some can get all wrapped up on what the speedo is saying instead of getting the "feel" of driving an A-boat. IMO Trim, H2o and temp are more important to pay attention and not the speedometer. Its also sort of a joke to mention "covering it", its not a must by any means lol...

Ricky, thats an awesome suggestion. I would indeed give Hydro-Tec a call. The 1.86 ratio would be easier for propping compared the 2.0

Last edited:

turbo d

Today I have my first ride with the Alli. And damn....is that good!!!!
Fantastic!!! What an experience!
The Yamaha is also good! Water Pressure is 25 psi 2 inches below the pad
with a 23 pitch tempest plus.
The rpm were around the 6100, that`s to much.
I wanna buy a Trophy but which pitch do you recognize me?
I gonna rage the motor a little and i gonna motherfy the water intake screens.
So she can runs higher.
This winter i gonna contact the boys of hydrotec for a little more horse power and low water pick up.

Here a few pics...

Last edited:

aaronmt

Looks great, dont push the stock lower pass 80mph.I thought Ray Neudecker told me before theyd blow out at 82-84.What prop you runnin now?

turbo d

Im think a 24-25 hydromotive 4 blade would be perfect.Or a chopper 2 ally cut.

I have looked for an hydromotive 4 blade , but he is unavailable here in the Netherlands.

The Trophy plus and the Yamaha Drag are available here.
Which of those props would be the best choise?
which pitch do you recognize?

TBuck2003

Turbo D,

You can contact one of my dealers in the Netherlands to get you a prop.

Gertjan Kooyman
Kamille 15
5331 Dn Kerkdriel
Gelderland Netherlands
Tel +310651103834

Tell him Todd from Hydromotive says you need a 26pitch QIV OT Special.25pitch if you want more holeshot and less Top End.Good Luck and welcome to the insanity.

TBuck

Darth VMAX

Sorry if this seems ignorant (my geography isn't the best). I am curious, what altitude are you running in the Netherlands? This may help determine the best choice for a prop.

turbo d

Turbo D,

You can contact one of my dealers in the Netherlands to get you a prop.

Gertjan Kooyman
Kamille 15
5331 Dn Kerkdriel
Gelderland Netherlands
Tel +310651103834

Tell him Todd from Hydromotive says you need a 26pitch QIV OT Special.25pitch if you want more holeshot and less Top End.Good Luck and welcome to the insanity.

TBuck
I gonna contact Gertjan Kooyman. Thanks!:very happy

Darth VMAX

Turbo, honestly these guys are better off with this than me. I would not suggest the Yamaha Drag unless you plan on running light all the time.
I am an oddball LOL, I run one of those crazy TRP lowers on my VMAX and really don't have a choice in props so I don't do any experimenting like everyone else here. Most here run a Promax which turn a lot more rpms than your 6150 (which is fine to run it there). You might have to do some experimenting. Todd has chimed in and he is an excellent source of knowledge and should hook you up. The 1.86 ratio will definatley help things. The Mercs use a 1.87 so it will be very comparable.

aaronmt

If you going to get the gears changed and a low water pic up, I may hold off on the prop.Then give Todd all your numbers so he could nail it down easier.

Darth VMAX

Excellent point. You wont need as steep a pitch with the 1.86's as you would with the 2.0 ratio.