XB21 Setup question.

catfish123

I didn't say a 2+2/225XS is gonna run 90 in summer with a 2 man fishin load. I said 2 people, light. Denver and his wife have run 90 on Lake Quacita in the summer, his boat is essentially empty of fishing equipment.

Red........and I never said with a "fishin load" in my post? Sorry, I missed the part in your original post about with "2 people", and I assumed incorrectly that you were referring to 2 guys................my bad...........LOL.......I've never tried for top end with my wife in the boat. It might be interesting though as she weighs around 80 lbs. less than my normal fishing partner, but that doesn't stop her from starting to smack me around when I get the boat up to about 75 and she is certain my intentions are to go even faster.

Last edited:

The Whip

Duane.
You went with the o/b over the o/t any reason?
Just trying to narrow my options down so when I come down to visit Todd I may only need to try 2 or 3 diffrent props.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300XS

RedAllison

Duane.
Just trying to narrow my options down so when I come down to visit Todd I may only need to try 2 or 3 diffrent props.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300XS
Let Todd tell you what to run. He'll have whatever you need. Hopefully he'll have a new proto of the "Super dyna whoppper" that's gonna have ALL of us gettin new wheels soon!!! :cool

:at the bar
RA

champ198

Duane.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300XS
Todd Bucknell told me what to run and that's what we ordered. I plugged two holes per Todd's instructions as well. I don't think about props anymore.

biller31

Oh Red, I love it when you talk to me like that!!! It gets me sooo excited! YES YES YES!!! Ohhhhh Biiillllly!!! Now PM me the ****ing details!!! :)

RedAllison

:LMAO:

No secrets, just what we learned runnin the prototype at Clifton. Call Todd he'll tell ya about it thus far.

Gotta say it's PROMISING!!! :at the bar
RA

robert

Manny,

I am running a 28" quad OB as per Todd's advice. It has good hole shot, mid range, and I haven't tried top end yet. I also bought two other of Todd's props but this one runs so well I haven't tried the others. they are gathering dust in my garage.

Robert

The Whip

Ok sorry guy's I was busy this morning to post result's

First I want to thank Todd and Thom for taking the entire day with Craig and I prop testing all his prop's and helping us with set up. Real first class people to spend time with.

All test's were done with full fuel and water and gear. 400lbs of meat. 85 degree air temp 20 mph wind.

1) Bravo 1XS 29p---Hole shot 6 to 7 seconds, good mid range with a little wobble above 70mph. Top speed was 85mph at 6000rpm. Good prop for the price and they seem to hold up, 40 hours so far.

2) Hydromotive quad4 O/B 28p---Hole shot 3 seconds, great mid range. Top speed was 90mph 6000rpm. My main concern was to come down and buy a fishing prop that get's me out of the hole fast and easy to drive with good top end. I FOUND IT. I know my learning curve would have been faster if I had this prop from the beginning. Much more stable then the Bravo 1XS

3) Hydromotive prototype---HAHAHA this prop brings a big smile to my face. 2 second hole shot, turbo charged mid range from 20 to 80 mph. Top end was impossible to get a good run late in the day because all the lake lice(jet ski) and family ski boat's on the water just after supper time. This is going to be my speed prop for next year. They are close to getting this thing ready for production and I want to come down in the spring and spend a couple day's with Todd. It felt that good.

Well worth the 10 hour road trip. I figure I have the best boat on the planet, why should I not have the prop to match it. Customer for life.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300XS
Hydro quad IV-X O/B 28p

F2008

That's great news Manny. Wish I could have made the trip. Hopefully we're still getting together on Erie later in the fall.