xtb-21 vs xb2003

John S

In all seriousness, its a very stable rig to drive once youre learned in the allison skool of driving, its just the hardest one to learn on, in my opinion, because you are at the far corner for weight balance. And to be a passenger riding with someone who is learning how to drive, it feels like you are riding on one of them open cockpit g force things (which I thaught was cool).

FFWD

its just the hardest one to learn on, in my opinion, because you are at the far corner for weight balance.
The one we ran at Knoxville had the engine set 2" off center to the left to help with balance. This let us take the 150lbs out of the rod box we used for ballast. You just had to be very careful turning to the right!!

Fishforcash

I believe Dave Bostic "Hoss Propellers" ran triple digits in the Kilo runs with a XTB-21

Mine is just a ole crappie fishin' bote.

HO

all things equal...my vote goes towards the xtb. Unfortunately, it takes more work to get the xtb to it's potential. The early xtb hulls were bad to the bone...I am biased though.

Joshua

Just for sh*%'$ and giggles think about a xtb21 with the same style console but in the center.

man, when I win that loto I wonder what they would charge me to build a 100% custom cc xtb 21.

It sure is nice to daydream...:laughing:laughing I bet they still have the mold stashed in some warehouse somewhere.

Go ahead and build me 2 ...

lightening rod

all things equal...my vote goes towards the xtb. Unfortunately, it takes more work to get the xtb to it's potential. The early xtb hulls were bad to the bone...I am biased though.
is biassed the same thing as full of chit?????

ally2dextreme

Just for sh*%'$ and giggles think about a xtb21 with the same style console but in the center.

man, when I win that loto I wonder what they would charge me to build a 100% custom cc xtb 21.

It sure is nice to daydream...:laughing:laughing I bet they still have the mold stashed in some warehouse somewhere.

Go ahead and build me 2 ...
no sir the molds were run over many times at the dump with a d 9 dozzer ...the last time he sold molds to a company(bullet) it help them become a fierce competetor,that want happen again.

HO

I'd like a dual console xtb if we are going to dream about things.

lightening pencil,
If I wasn't full of chit I'd be dead...

HO

ally2dextreme

How much did an XTB weight?
ive heard of sum in the 780 range i think jhons was in the mid 8,s...i can tell ya he took me for a ride at the rally and thats when i realized how fast my boat should be...damn that boat would move out...!!

allisonpilot

The sales pamphlet for my 89 XTB21 lists it at 995#. The sales pamphlet for a 92 XTB21 is 1050#. I think that is due to the transom being extented 5".

HO

That was a fun rally Thomas...thanks for the compliment on the old boat. TREX had just dialed the motor in and I was like a kid in the candy shop. She would pin you to the seat in the midrange...not bad for an old chrome bore motor.

My hull weighs around 860lbs. I have also heard of some of the early one weighing right at 800 +/- lbs. As allisonpilot mentioned, the newer ones are heavier due to changes/reinforcements.

Happy Thanksgiving.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Has anyone heard of there being any weight differences between the early XB 2003's and the later year models? I mean I can read on the Ally site that they weight about 1050. Have they always weighed 1050?