Stroker Boats?

John S

Last year when I was at Jasper, the Stroker boys were dropping in for the river run. One was taking off his trolling motor, and "THE MAN", Chub Bryant, says, "Boy, thats cheatin". Later that night, one of the Jacos boys was talkin about how they were comin around a bend, greased for gas, and here comes one of ONE OF THEM STROKERS, ROLLIN BY ME! Every dog has its spot!

chasintail

There is one being set up at my dealership that has head lights (wtf) and a 300xs.With a 34 hyrdomotive it ran 105.Chris said it felt like it was gonna blow out any second.:beer:

As for gettin the XB21s runnin those #s. We've seen 'em run 103+ before so I don't think it'd be much of a problem to get a "prepped and proper" 21 (especially the SUB) runnin upper 100s.

WHO gonna do dat? Lemme know I'll come watch! :beer: I'm content to stay in the 80s and drank beer and catch bass wit my "red heavyweight"!!!
RA[/QUOTE]

Wicky

OK, I did some research on this situation. "IF" note the word "IF" If I run my 30" Performance Hackney GS special, put my 1.75 Hydromotive gearcase on, change my rev limiter to 7500, and run with 5 gallons of fuel, my boat should run 109.6 to hang with the fastest of the "Stroker boyz" according to the prop calculator on byuboyz. That is with 10% slip. I have proven the boat to run with less slip already.

But then again, "IF" my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay j

these boats are for real, but must attain a high motor setting to get these numbers as does a bullet. from the couple i have drove and help setup, a hydraulic plate is a must. they do not want to leave with the motor that high, and once underway you jack the motor to the moon. one thing when i had one in my shop next to ole xb2002, they get their lenght just like allison. from the tip of the boat to the end of the rear sponson, and they ain't 21 ft, more like 19'6''. and 2002 ally is not but 18'9'' down the centerline. also where the stroker gets alot of the speed is the transom is 23", from bottom of pad to top of the transom cap, so they have removed weight and air mass by having a lower setting going thru the air. they are for real and very forgiving to drive. they have a good boat.
i know of one for sale that is not even on the market yet. 1998 boat(been in BWB mag
a few times)2003 250xb. i beleive he is asking $16,500.00 on a tandem trailer. boat is red on red with silver pins.

bullistic

I can also tell ya'll these guys are the real deal and run the numbers they say I have seen a bunch of them do it
Ya'll bring up alot of great points and glad to see the stroker guys are gettin credit for the hard work,time and money thet have invested in these numbers
they are great boats driven by some good people
jeff

S

Scott Gilmore

Come to think of it you MIGHT want to ask YA "Mr. yeller Allison" about the build quality of these Stroker boats..............seems to me his dad owned one a while back ??? Scott

whipper

Wow thats fast for sure! Thats 2mph faster that the Allison Bass boats of 1979 no easy feat. That Allison even had a Evenrude 150. Its nice to see other manufactures getting some speed these days even though it takes twice the HP to get 2mph faster.:big grin That Stoker still needs to get another 13mph out of it with the same power to beat an Allison bass boats fastest radared run. :laughing Thats just the facts jack:laughing Im not knocking the speed 109 is darn fast of couse but its still way behind an Allison with the same power im talking almost any Allison in production not just a one off. Even a grand Sport family boat does 112 with a 300ProMax hanging off the transom. Lets see how fast she goes with a 175 on the back compared to an Allison and then well see efficientcy numbers. HDL have you tryed hanging a 32 or 34 4blade Merc cleaver off the transom of your 03/300? thats what a Guy out hear ran on his GS/300 combo to get lots of 110,s and some 112mph runs. He could run 105 with 5 people on board. I beleve it liked the added wieght. Yours should do the same because of the hull bottom simularities. I think a XB03 is just a little faster than a XS03. Hears a link to what Greg had to say about his setup if your interested. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=3342

Largemouthlou

"That Stoker still needs to get another 13mph out of it with the same power to beat an Allison bass boats fastest radared run "

No one trying for your precious speed record!! SHOOK, worked hard for that and he deserves it and it will stay in the record books till it is beat by another Allison..

No one is questioning the Allison design is faster out of the hole and and mid..

These are 2 different performance boats they do things differently.. Some like the Allison, some like the Stroker, some like the Bullet, ect.. To each their own and we are all proud of our accomplishments with OUR rigs, not what some one else has done with the hull..

The post started out ? why and how and if the Stroker can run the posted speeds... Well they can, don't get there as quick as some but can run the top speeds for many a comfortable mile.. With PLENTY of extra fishing room..

It takes twice as much HP cause the Stroker weights twice as much as some fast Allisons..

Don't turn this into a Allison is holyier then thou post!! They are all good boats and have their nitch in the publics eyes..

I like ALL boats!!! Period!!! End of conversation:smile:smile

Brack

The Storkers run those BIG numbers with a tall prop and a tall gear,......and a LONGGGGG way to do it .......really I have no desire to run my Allison wide open for 5 miles....

...but they are cool boats fer sure.........I do like to see um run

Last edited:

fishnfireman

...really I have no desire to run my Allison wide open for 5 miles....
Ain't no thanng---with power steering...

Me and the spudman ran wide open for 16 miles one morning..about 100 yards apart.
He was in his Bullett with 300 merc...I had just got this 21Prosport /225...
Not sure why ??? but a few months later old spudman had him a brand new beautiful blue and white 21 bassport pro....

(Sidebar) I never did catch him..... but he never pulled away....The worst part I don't think either one of us caught a good fish on that spot...That in prefish was loooaaadeeeedd--with good fish

S

Scott Gilmore

Ain't no thanng---with power steering...

Me and the spudman ran wide open for 16 miles one morning..about 100 yards apart.
He was in his Bullett with 300 merc...I had just got this 21Prosport /225...
Not sure why ??? but a few months later old spudman had him a brand new beautiful blue and white 21 bassport pro....

(Sidebar) I never did catch him..... but he never pulled away....The worst part I don't think either one of us caught a good fish on that spot...That in prefish was loooaaadeeeedd--with good fish
Note to self..............don't buy a used motor from Fishnfireman !!! Scott

Yellowallison

Come to think of it you MIGHT want to ask YA "Mr. yeller Allison" about the build quality of these Stroker boats..............seems to me his dad owned one a while back ??? Scott
I dont need to tell noone how GOOD a Stroker is!!! We all there good boats..

Stroker -Bullet -Allison!!!!! Same as a Redhead - Brunnette- Blonde!!!

Whatever yu prefer in yur Bed/Garage :smile:smile:smile

Speedman

Yeh, but in 10 years, that Balsa wood core in the bullet is going to be wasted and my 15 year Ally will still look like new, so NO, they are not that close!

S

Scott Gilmore

I dont need to tell noone how GOOD a Stroker is!!! We all there good boats..

Stroker -Bullet -Allison!!!!! Same as a Redhead - Brunnette- Blonde!!!

Whatever yu prefer in yur Bed/Garage :smile:smile:smile

ALLL of them PLUS UNLIMITED BEER !!!!! Scott

propmanjay

Ford,chevy,dodge,red head,blond,and brunnett. Those kind of speeds have to be appreciated. I tip my hat to them. All of us that own an Ally know what we have but let's not minamize what they have done. At the ramp when the bragging is going on they won't care if our boat will out last their's. Im glad that I didn't choose that Stroker to pick on with my SS.

fishnfireman

Note to self..............don't buy a used motor from Fishnfireman !!! Scott
Dang it ............and all these years I thought the only way to keep a 2 stoke from "loading up" was to run it HARD----At least that's the way I had to do the old dirt bikes....

I always thought these hot rod mtrs only had 2 speeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But since you brought that up....I got a NICE 7 yr old motor for sale.
only drove on Sundays.