Stroker Boats?

Myron

if you do a search on the patents Darris has patents for many different parts of the hull, it might not be the entire hull but the strakes

FlatOutAlly

How many High Perf Boat US Patents does Chub have?

Darris Allison patents:

# Patent# Description
--------------------------------------
1 6,666,162 Aluminum hull boat with extruded running surface
2 6,260,503 Channeled air planing apparatus
3 6,155,894 Off-center marine outboard skeg
4 6,095,875 Hydro-planing foil
5 6,000,357 Boat planing tabs
6 5,983,823 High speed sport/utility boat
7 D407,060 Sport boat
8 D287,357 Planing boat
9 4,584,959 Planing boat hull
10 D244,518 Boat hull
11 D244,264 Boat hull
12 4,004,534 Boat hull

mtolley

Let me guess, it was a patent infringement letter Wally got? I'm gonna line my V-21 up on the trailer next to a 2002 & see exactly how similar they are as far as width of pad,design,etc.
you would have to put the v-21 next to a gt-20. ive seen both side by side, and yes there is ALOT of similarities! to me it looks like a pad was added to an existing pad, as well as alot of other things. does the v-21 use other hulls aspects in its design?

bigtis

I watched several strokers at the fastbass rally's over the last few years, and I would say the top end #'s are for real. Only thing I see with the stroker is it really takes it a long time to get on plane compared to a Allison. I would like to see these #'s ran by a new XB 21 bassport pro. What is the top speed for a Xb21 bassport pro. I believe we saw 101 at the rally one year.
a freind has an Xb21 basssport Pro/ 250XS. He runs 95 light on the rev. Got a 300XS coming for it.

Chummy

Scott, you need to get your facts straight and quit this nonsence Velocity does own the rights to the GT20 and have for a while and is actually sending me the info on it and a new boat they are making for outboards. There is no letter from Allison...

David Shook

Junkyard Carp boat TTTTTTT! If the SOB floats get in and ride, it don't make a chit what is pasted on the side! I like ole Chub, Kurt, largemouth Lou and all them stroking boys, damn they stroking! Chub is building me one that will carry one of those 900lb 1200hp Hondulla's so we can break the record with it, AARP, Kellogs Branflakes, and Depends are coming on board as major sponsors, if the boat handles smooth we'll go with Branflakes, if it handles rough, Depends will be our Major sponsor, ought to be interesting??????
Sec'em Dawgs
Shook

FlatOutAlly

Scott, you need to get your facts straight and quit this nonsence Velocity does own the rights to the GT20 and have for a while and is actually sending me the info on it and a new boat they are making for outboards. There is no letter from Allison...
Chummy, you barkin' up a tree.....

Yeller dun left the building. :beating dead horse

K.Kiser

I've always heard that the Strokers are fast, but how is the build quality in terms of materials and craftsmanship... Will they shrug of years and years of rough water whoopings like an Allison, or do they start showing the "mood killing" gel-cracks that so many other do... I'm not doubting they can, I'm asking a legitimate question... I've tried to look into on the web, but can't find much about..

Last edited:

David Shook

You boys have entirely too much thinking time, it just really don't matter!!!!!!

Shook

Casey G

Chummy would you send me some info on the new Velocity GT-20 for an outboard.

I'm calling bs on a letter since the boats aren

Casey G

Here are the reply's i got from Steve Stepp at Velocity when i asked about building a GT-20. If i wasn't saving up for a enclosed tailer i would seriously consider one.

Thank you for the inquire. Yes, we can produce a GT-20 for outboards. How light would you want it and how much HP are you going to put on it? It just costs more to make it light and strong. We can build it with foam core, vacuum bagged, plus foam stringers and transom. We can also do a Kevlar Carbon Fiber lay-up.

Thanks,
Steve Stepp

Casey,
The 750 lbs. is possible with the Kevlar Carbon Fiber construction, foam stringers, and transom. You're hull and deck is $19,500. I also make a 22 outboard sport model. Its standard weight will run 80 mph with a 300 Opti Max. The price is $25,000 for the hull & deck with a gas tank.

Thanks,
Steve Stepp

froggy

Guyz,

Let's not lose sight of the fact that a patent may or may not be valid, even though it was issued (manytimes there is prior art or overlooked literature that invalidates an issued patent). However, most importantly, patents have a 17 year life and many of Darris' patents were issued in the 80's.

Like Shook said get in it, foot through the stringers and hang on - it don't matter what the sticker sayz!

froggy

Darth VMAX

I saw this Stroker thread and thought I would pass on that this week a Stroker ran over 111 mph with YAMAHA power! I think that is probably the fastest Stroker yet, and it ain't got a black motor on the tail ;-)

I don't care what the Sticker on the side says....thats flat gettin with it, ESPECIALLY for a 21 ft basser!!!

Last edited:

mtolley

does anyone have pictures of this "velocity" gt-20? didnt see anything on there website. does Darris still own the gt-20 molds? how many others has he gone after other than wally lampkin for the patent violation? did he go after storm. i remember seeing a comment to the then owner of storm about it, but nothing to say that he was coming after them. just curious. mike t

Myron

the rights to the GT 20 are owned by Velocity, he purchased them from Allison

ally2dextreme

i would say if your looking for the dna of stroker you need to look at shadow. the top cap looks almost like twins except for the ugly dual consoles lol