Recent content by JGray

1. J

I know the thread from on the carbon fiber XB2003 panels is old, but am curious if you're still...

I know the thread from on the carbon fiber XB2003 panels is old, but am curious if you're still making them. I would be interested in a full set for the front and cockpit if at all possible to do so. Thanks - Jerry
  2. J

Fuse Amperage

Thanks John. If I understand you correctly then, you are running the higher amp fuses for the bilge pump and nav/anchor lights, and the lower amp fuses for the accessories and instrument lights. Jerry
  3. J

Fuse Amperage

While working on the switch panel on the dash of my XB2003, I pulled all of the fuses out of the panel without paying attention to which ones went where. Two of the fuses are 5 amps, and the other two are either 20 or 25 amps (can't remember off-hand). Can someone please tell me what amp fuses...
  4. J

'96 XB2003/225 ProMax Regulator/Rectifier

Holy smokes--I paid $160 a piece last year through this same shop, so assume they will be the same or a little more this year. I assume they are getting them from Mercury direct. They did say it would be about $400 for the diagnosis and parts/labor. Do you recall where you bought yours...
  5. J

'96 XB2003/225 ProMax Regulator/Rectifier

Been a while since I've posted, but just ran into a problem and am seeking information/opinions. Motor died while running recently and wouldn't re-start with symptoms pointing to a dead battery. Battery should have stayed charged while running so initial assumption was charging system...
  6. J

'96 2003225 ProMax Regulator/Rectifier

Sorry, double post
  7. J

03 bench seat and seat covers

Thanks--I just noticed your pm reply. I thought I would get an e-mail notification of a pm so was watching there and didn't notice you had replied. Still very interested if I move to the front of the line, LOL!
  8. J

Has pickwickangler responded to you? I pm'd him and haven't received a response. I'm curious if it is still available? Jerry
  9. J

I'm very interested and would like to see pics if possible. I have a red/black 03 with no rear bench and need replacement covers for both buckets. My interior is red/black gray also, so sounds like a perfect match. E-mail is jgray@m-m.net. Not sure Mike, but I thought the 02 seat was...
  10. J

Loss of power to engine?

Glad it was a simple fix for you Whipper. My voltage regulators went out in my 96 ProMax earlier this summer and looked just like the photo mha posted. I was trimming down getting ready to launch when the motor died and wouldn't re-start. After sitting for a few minutes it started, but no...
  11. J

Hydromotive Props

I have been running a 26 Quad IV O/T on a XB03/225 PM at 4000' altitude for a little over a year. The boat had a 30 Chopper II on it when I purchased it. I can turn the Chopper to 6200 rpm/85 mph, and can turn the 26 Quad IV to 6600 rpm/85 mph. Not a big difference in hole shot between the...
  12. J

hydraulic where to buy

There is definitely something to say about that. Had I ordered locally, they would have had the helm, cylinder and hoses coming from 3 different locations (shipping charges x3), plus more parts from Allison. I knew by ordering from Allison everything would be there and I would receive it when...
  13. J

hydraulic where to buy

I haven't posted much since I bought my first Allison and joined the board last year, but this one got my attention. I just completed the hydraulic steering conversion in my XB2003. I work part time for a local dealer and priced out the SeaStar helm, cylinder and hose kit at "wholesale"...
  14. J

Accident on Pickwick

Montana had a fatal boating accident the weekend before the 4th. I was visiting with two other guys at a restaurant/bar (accessed by boat only) on a lake near Helena. I had not met them previously, and left before them to fish until dark. Apparently they left shortly after I did and hit a...
  15. J

Follow up to "Another New Allison Owner" post

Thanks David - that would explain it: the lake water and ambient temps are fairly cool right now, and I don't believe the temp. guage has been above 135 - 140F. Jerry