Search results

1. XB03AllyProud

Hunting property in Southern Illinois

We made the decision to sell our place and move to Tenn to be close to our daughter, son in law, and granddaughter who live in West Knoxville. Tough decision, as part of the land has been in the family for 97 years but life's too short and we want to be a part of their lives. Plus all the area...
  2. XB03AllyProud

Moving to Knoxville area

Well, I hope you all can take another couple moving to the area. We moved to Illinois in 2008, after close to 30 years in TX and marrying a TX girl, to help out my parents and live on the old family place for the hunting and such. I ended up buying additional adjoining acreage, so we now have...
  3. XB03AllyProud

Watts Bar more detailed info for 1st timers on it.

Not to take over onewht193's post so I started this one. Hopefully this will help him, me and others in future. Next week-Wednesday we are coming down to K-Town for through the weekend as my daughter n her family moved there a couple weeks ago. Bringing the Hurricane deck boat so we all can get...
  4. XB03AllyProud

Seat slide replacement -Fore & Aft

Need a new slide for my XB02 center steer. Boat is a '89 and had the old thin flange aluminum one. Last ride of the season back in the fall and I nearly went for more of a ride than I wanted. Just pulled it out today and it is bent pretty good and started to tear through at the bolts. Anyway...
  5. XB03AllyProud

VST delete-1 more time again

Hey all, I'm in the process of VST delete and putting Bosch in the boat etc. I have a JSRE Promax 225 and had a Jeg's low pressure pump set #3.5-#4 feeding the VST which is the old original style with a external Bosch and the U hose for suction from VST not inside the VST style pump setup. I've...
  6. XB03AllyProud

Arkansas I-30 White & Red XB21

Saturday I was heading east out of Texarkana on I-30 and saw a beautiful sight. Red P/U pulling a white with red wings XB21 headed west. Which of ya was it? I was cruising and the XB was in passing lane moving along as well it appeared, so I only got a quick look. Sure looked sharp though. Love...
  7. XB03AllyProud

Low pressure fuel pumps-feeding VST tank

I recently had my 225PM rebuilt by Jay Smith with his mods he does and have been almost 2 yrs into setting up a XB02. He had a couple hrs run time on it and ran great, I got it all going on the hose week or so ago and all great just idling. I got just one real thing to do before putting on the...
  8. XB03AllyProud

Lowrance transducer mounting on XB02

I'm rigging a XBo2 and to point of mounting transducers. I'm not a fisherman per se' but got a deal on HDS7 Touch w/ SS 2 ys ago when I still had the 03. I had the "Normal" transducer on the jackplate because prev owners ran them there and used the supplied long bracket for the SS on the...
  9. XB03AllyProud

Updating '89 XB02

This was my Father n laws baby that he ordered new and I finally talked him out of it last fall. I tried for years to buy it as it sat in his shop forever-10 yrs since it had been in the water. I always figured it had no more than 150 hrs in the water. He rigged it with a '89 XP175. He had...
  10. XB03AllyProud

KDBA Races 4th July weekend

Any members running KDBA race this coming weekend July 2-3rd on Kentucky Lake? I'm hoping to be home so I can go watch. Who and what boat/ class will be run? I've only been 1 time a couple years ago and watched from the water in my XB03 with a group of friends in several bassboats. I'm debating...
  11. XB03AllyProud

1989 Johnson GT 175 w/ Bob's LWP

Exceptionally clean and well maintained. I just got this from FIL who bought it new. He had it on a '89 Allison XB2002T he ordered at same time. No hour meter but I have known history of this motor from day one. I really feel it could have no more than 150 hrs. Lower unit was sent to Bob's in...
  12. XB03AllyProud

Fishing XB03 vs XB02 and other pro/ cons of each

Hey guys, This question has been addressed in the past but wanted a fresh take on it plus not have to search all night for peoples views. As well as other views on swapping to a XB02 from XB03. Background,I have the white w/ red wings XBO3 Hirk and Fishforcash previously owned. Love it but...
  13. XB03AllyProud

Saying hello and I'm looking forward to many years as a Allison owner

I've been following/ lurking some might say for years here and waiting for the day I could join. Today is 1st day I have been able to log on. Hughes net finally got me in account that I had when registering yr 1/2 ago. I have learned so much from you all and I thank you. I got 1st exposure to...