Search results

1. H

WTB 1997 150 Mariner Gear Case Empty

I need a standard gear case for this engine. I need just the case. I am rebuilding this engine and the gear case I have has a fair amount of corrosion. So I would like to find a case thats in better shape.
  2. H

Prop Slip

Are 5 percent slip numbers possible with any prop on a Xb21 300XS combination
  3. H

Todd Bucknell/Boat wreck?

I saw on Facebook that Todd was in a pretty serious boat racing incident. If this is true anybody know how he's doing?
  4. H

SOLD 2011 XB21 BasSport Pro Elite SOLD

For Sale 2011 BasSport Pro Elite. Has all the standard Elite options. Minnkota 80 lbs Fortrex Humminbird 998 in dash and Humminbird 1198 on front deck. Asking 36000. With out engine and Power poles. Would sell complete for the right price. 2015 250 Sport XS and 2 power poles. Boat is currently...
  5. H

Looking for a Dyno

My boat performance is way off of what it should be. I need to prove to Mercury that it is down on power so we can proceed to the fix. I live in Iowa so I would rather not drive hundreds of miles but if thats what I have to do then thats what I will do. Need to find a shop that knows the sport...
  6. H

In need of a new prop.

I put a 250 XS on my XB21. Thinking about a Bravo XS 29 1/2. Any thoughts on that one?
  7. H

Wood in Tstats How to flush it out.

2015 250 XS I hit a log the other night now I have mulch in the stats cleaned them twice and the second time it had more than the first because I didnt get it all cleaned out of the lower unit. What I want to try is run it on a garden hose with out the stats just to let the water pass right...
  8. H

Head bolts to studs

If you were going to replace the head bolts with studs on a 250 XB. What would you use for a torque spec going back together. Or would you use the 20 ft/lbs plus 90 degrees like the book says?
  9. H

2011 SHO 250 for sale.

I have my 2011 SHO 250 for sale. 155 hours. A 26 pitch Tempest prop. Asking 11000. We could work out delivery or installation on your boat.Controls,gauges and wire harness are not included but are available. Email hooken203@aol.com with questions or if you want pictures. Sold
  10. H

Email allison boats.

If I sent a question to Nancy@allisonboats.com. Shouldn't that get to her email? Or do I have that address wrong. Sent her a question about my seats and haven't got a reply.
  11. H

SHO moves alot

Last week at the Allison rally Darris told me he wouldn't drive my boat at high speeds for any amount of money due to the way my engine moves around. So solid engine mounts are my next project. The other problem I see is about a half an inch movement at the tiller arm bolt. I saw this when I...
  12. H

OK this is the last two.

Some good memories in these pictures.
  13. H

bout done

:beating dead horse
  14. H

Not done yet

:beer:
  15. H

A few more pictures

:help
  16. H

My best picturew

Went through the ones that Kathy and I took. Here they are.
  17. H

Trophy big barrel vs small barrel

If you were going to buy a Trophy prop for your XB21 would you prefer a large or small barrel? SHO 250 engine.
  18. H

Home safe and sound

Got home about an hour ago. 2050 miles on truck and about 220 on the boat. 13 hours to drive home could be cut to twelve. Had a great time learned a lot a lot about my boat from several people thanks for the help. Thanks to all the people that make the rally happen. Got to hook it all back...
  19. H

Questions about a radio install XB21 BSP

Has anybody installed a radio in an XB21? In the glove box when you open the lid at the bottom there is a place to install a radio. Looking for pictures and suggestions about where to install speakers. I hate cutting holes.
  20. H

Stainless or steel 1/2 or 9/16

What bolts are you using to mount your jackplate/engine? Have read posts about going to 9/16 bolts and a few about using grade 8 or 9 bolts. I have been using 1/2 fine thread SS and brass nyloc nuts forever and have never seen a problem.