2014 xr-2002

ally2dextreme

Re: 2013 xr-2002

Exactly on the last sentence! With equal power the Allison is just as fast as an STV till you get to about 130 and the danger factor goes way up on the v bottom. Assuming one could hold it I have no doubt the Allison would go just as fast
Or faster

racerx

Robb yes they were 3 plus ft long cracks both sides and just spreading every time out the Allison were the only thing that held up for me but I drove them hard in the early days...

RBT

Seen lots do that, also seen you drive hard. Cannot believe that Allison survived your rumble treatment

ally2dextreme

Just noticed someone changed it from 2013 to 2014 LOL awesome... Unfortunaly guys there has to be changes to the XB2002 XB 2003 and the XS 2003 to meet the new gas tank laws,you may have seen the last of the xb 2002 as well .There was so much talk of making the xb2002 again,i asked for some new consoles and rear fairing and after all the hard work from the plant all we got was a few sold,......Im sure that's in Mr Allisons mind as well since there was a lot more people wanting the XB than the XR,once again not nearly the sales we hoped for....

Last edited:

RBT

Can they not sell them as a hull and deck like other mfg?
As for sales, I feel like they have priced themselves out of the market. If they got the price down and sold just the race boats factory direct, and left the bassers and pleasure boats at dealers maybe sales would be better. I could be wrong, but I didn't think "race" boats had to be coast guard compliant.

ally2dextreme

Can they not sell them as a hull and deck like other mfg?
As for sales, I feel like they have priced themselves out of the market. If they got the price down and sold just the race boats factory direct, and left the bassers and pleasure boats at dealers maybe sales would be better. I could be wrong, but I didn't think "race" boats had to be coast guard compliant.
I would think the Allisons are in the best position to price there product,i know what I think when someone tells me my carbon fiber intake tube SHOULD cost less,not having a clue what it takes me to get them in my hand. I have an 87 xtb 2002 ,in 87 it was considered OVERPRICED by some,today,even with this economy and 25years latter I can sell it for as much as it sold for BRAND NEW....I don't know of many things you can say that about.

ally2dextreme

Im not sure on the race boat,on any boat that would be registered it would have to have the new gas tank

fnshrmaster

I would think the Allisons are in the best position to price there product,i know what I think when someone tells me my carbon fiber intake tube SHOULD cost less,not having a clue what it takes me to get them in my hand. I have an 87 xtb 2002 ,in 87 it was considered OVERPRICED by some,today,even with this economy and 25years latter I can sell it for as much as it sold for BRAND NEW....I don't know of many things you can say that about.
What other boat manufacture can do that? Buying an Allison is along the same lines as buying a firearm. They don't lose value. That is why they cost more and also why the used market stays fairly strong. Love mine for sure!

ally2dextreme

What other boat manufacture can do that? Buying an Allison is along the same lines as buying a firearm. They don't lose value. That is why they cost more and also why the used market stays fairly strong. Love mine for sure!
Exactly,and the used market stays strong because of the quality and workmanship. That takes time,which is money. Its amazing that there are so many people out here on the old interweb that can build just as good of a boat for half as much money,seems to me they should go into business

Darth VMAX

Unfortunaly guys ,you may have seen the last of the xb 2002 as well .....
I knew this day was coming but prayed it wouldn't ever come. Along with the new console and rear hatch, all that little boat just needs a couple front deck storage lockers that could hold 3 planos each and a modified E-PED that can hold a 5" graph. Match it up with todays 150-200 DFI's and viola! econo basser supreme!

catfish123

With the decreasing availability of "lighter" weight motors to put on these smaller boats, obviously the demand for them has also decreased. Not everyone wants to buy a rebuilt 260 or 280 etc, and be subjected to the ongoing maintenance costs to keep it operational. They are FAR more costly from a maintenance and operation standpoint than the newer, heavier motors. Unfortunately for those of us only satisfied with a smaller boat, propelled by some fire breathing monster motor, the day will come that "used" and "rebuilt", in both that type of boat and motor WILL BE THE ONLY CHOICE. Darris is simply ahead of us, and is limiting his production more to those boats that will ultimately define the future. I'm not suggesting that I like it, but I think at least, in part, I understand it.

xb03fs

I knew this day was coming but prayed it wouldn't ever come. Along with the new console and rear hatch, all that little boat just needs a couple front deck storage lockers that could hold 3 planos each and a modified E-PED that can hold a 5" graph. Match it up with todays 150-200 DFI's and viola! econo basser supreme!
Make the xb2002 side steer with a step up so people equate it with a bass boat and not a race boat and he couldn't build enough.

Single console due to width obviously. But I really think the center seating kills it for the average joe...

RBT

Fair enough. The point I was attempting to make is at the right price, and frankly flexibility things sell.

ally101

We just bought 3 drag boats the quality is second to none but the price is getting rediculous. At the end of the day that's why they will never be a mass produced boat.if some1 is serious about the Xr2002 I would take a trip to Louisville with cash in hand during the winter months when there pushing brooms around the shop and have a sit down with darris. I think u will see a new 1 pretty soon

ally2dextreme

We just bought 3 drag boats the quality is second to none but the price is getting rediculous. At the end of the day that's why they will never be a mass produced boat.if some1 is serious about the Xr2002 I would take a trip to Louisville with cash in hand during the winter months when there pushing brooms around the shop and have a sit down with darris. I think u will see a new 1 pretty soon
I would take that bet,as of matter of fact in the next few months the XR mold may be at the land fill

racerx

Why would Darris junk the mold I am sure someone would buy it I just don't see Darris throwing away money..

ally2dextreme

Why would Darris junk the mold I am sure someone would buy it I just don't see Darris throwing away money..
Bullet boats may not be around if it weren't for Allison selling them there old molds years ago. Darris will not sell his molds anymore ,I have pictures of a D9 crushing the XB21 molds in the land fill .the XR 2002 could be right around the corner im afraid