23' Grandsport

whipper

Well maybe this is the year at the rally Darris might have a better idea when he would like to take an order or two on one? Last I was told was he was waiting for all the new patents to get back from approval. This new hull has a no chine walk vee hull and the fir st of its kind he was saying. Lee Sanderson was saying he,Darris and there wives went for a ride and it was mighty impressive, that is about all ive heard lately. There has been lots of speculation about price but as with anything options will drive that up. I wouldn't expect it to not be competitively marketed any more than the other 22-24ft sport craft today. Like Checkmate ,Progression, Tuff, Sutphin, and the like. My guess would be 35-50 ready for power depending on options. A well appointed 24ft 2015 Checkmate Pulsar retails for 42 without power for instance.

xb03fs

Be nice if it was a bow rider that you could mount a troller on....

Jon

Supporting Member
I just jb welded a troller to the deck of the GS. Fine fishing rig.

whipper

I just jb welded a troller to the deck of the GS. Fine fishing rig.
I agree. Just take the front passenger seat out and throw in under the bow and put a big tote there for the fish and to de hook ect.. The back deck makes a nice casting platform for flyfishing and casting.

whipper

its gota be close! Lee Sanderson said he went for a spin with Darris and there wives and said it was impressive. My guess is at the rally more will be reviled. My guess is if you bring a check book you might even get dibs on the first one? just a guess. :D

DOUBLE J

Update: talked with Darris @ the rally about the 23. Here's what he told me:
1. about finished testing should make mold in fall
2. boat will be made in three styles: Grandsport, bass and flats
3. Grandsport will have 2 steps on dash to enable one to step up on bow, middle part of bow will have antiskid which is designed to be walked on.
4. Boats will have a hidden retractable ladder that will be either manual or electrical built into wing area
5. Boat should run around 100 mph w/250 hp on it
6. Price? Asked and he said to start saving my pennies but wouldn't disclose any #'s
I'm excited but I'm not holding my breath that it will be made in 2015.

whipper

Well the fact that hes talking about it and describing details is good news. My guys would be ready for 2016. I like those ideas on the later and the deck!! sounds awesome and sure will start a buzz in the boating world again for Allison. Im going to start saving NOW!! This is what I want for the last boat I will ever buy. The size is the perfect size for the water we have now with those wake boats running around and more big lake or even ocean running. Love it thanks for the update alot!!!!

ally2dextreme

He is hoping for a 2017 model......it will be 22.2....called a 222,like the rifel...it will fit in a 24ft garage.... What I hope is he will concide to the new 3.0 motors and get one to finalize the design ,in the least add the weight to the 225x he test with to simulate the 3.0s weight... It is the fastest Allison to date....