23' Grandsport

GotMyAlly

I was hoping it would be a full 23'.

An extra 2' over the existing 21's would probably make me want to trade.

1.2' may not.........

If I remember correctly, it was a deeper boat than the 21's, too, right?

whipper

I was hoping it would be a full 23'.

An extra 2' over the existing 21's would probably make me want to trade.

1.2' may not.........

If I remember correctly, it was a deeper boat than the 21's, too, right?

Look at the difference 11 inches and some more feeboard made compared to your XB2003. So another foot again, plus deeper and wider and not to mention faster buy the sounds of it should be again that much more. For myself its a full 2 ft jump. Thats alot and what the doctor ordered. Double J did Darris talk to you guys about the no chine walk design of the hull? Thats another big deal for first time buyers. Even with this little info the changes and model sounds great and sure to be a hit with alot more buyers these days looking for more compact fuel efficient performance. Sounds like a true SOB boat with performance in the Allison tradition. The fastest with the least amount of HP for her size.;) The hull in the spy shots was very wide and very deep compaered to my GS for instance. She dwarf the trailer from a 03. The hull at the chines was hanging over the SS fenders! :D
Did you see the hull on the factory tour?

DOUBLE J

The boat is 23' long not 22'2". I didn't asked about the chine walking and no one was allowed to see any R&D stuff.

whipper

23 oh even better again! haha Neal there ya go. :D Darris said the new hull has a patented anti chine walk hull. He told me how but I wont say because i promised. But pretty cool. You will still as any vee need to drive it but nothing like the rest of them at all. Up to 87 at least were the test boats as been with no effort with the 225 and a 27 trophy. i cant wait to see the full finished GS the Basser should be sick also. Thats going to be a tough call for me as i love fishing also and lots of times I wish I had an XB. But the GS in that length sounds to good to pass up at any price as a last performance boat to buy for me.

Last edited:

Lotus 50

There is more to size than advertised length and width. A Tuff 21 is huge beside my 20' SS2000. It's a big one foot:)

xb03fs

A xb2003 is huge beside a xb2002 like 2" a xb21 is huge beside a xb2003 1 foot...any bigger and instead of the weight of a 3 liter we would be talking about the weight of twins...#400r

Allyfishing

double j you forgot that he mentioned all patents have to be completed first before anything happens.

ally2dextreme

The boat is 23' long not 22'2". I didn't asked about the chine walking and no one was allowed to see any R&D stuff.
The first series of boats will be 22.2,I'm a little different when I say something I know it to be fact...He is testing with a 225 x not a 3.0....

ally2dextreme

Oh please. I can't handle much more drama, but bring it on anyhow. I guess by big, you mean the inlines? or the car motors????
He was referring to the 3 liters, he feels that's what it needs to be,I'm asumming the four strokes as well

xb03fs

yeah well Mercury, Yamaha or Evinrude don't make anything more powerful than a 150/175 in his preferred weight range.......so the 23 footer has to be 3 liter capable.

allyfreek

I'm just glad there is a new boat coming. This is the longest span of time between boats I believe but I know this kind of water craft perfection takes time.
I know I am off some but I believe most of the following years are accurate. Anyone know for sure or any comments?

XR2002 1984
XB2002 1987
GrandSport 1989
XR 2001 Drag/RR 1990
XB 2003 1994
SS 2000 1998
XB 21 2003

whipper

yep maybe late 1990 test boat but 91 production for the GS. that's actually really cool to have these dates. There has been lots of discussion around this before and allways uncertainty for some. We should verify all these dates and hulls and if anyone knows different say so that way we have this list once and for all. haha.