23' Grandsport

xb03fs

What about xb 21 is 3/4 boats dependIng on how you look at them. Xb21 prosport first, xb 21 2+2 and the the XB21 2 seater and the single console....

xb03fs

Really surprised there wasn't xb21 grandsport

Honestly the only boat that would make
Me Consider upgrading would be a bow rider with a place to mount a trolling motor

ally2dextreme

Don't forget about the xtb 21,it was before the xb2002,the xb2002 was the xr 2002 and the xb21 put together

xb03fs

Yup front seats would have to be cruising only, but would be bad ass, especially if there was a drop in fishing deck when needed and a live well in the back, you know if you gonna dream dream big

RedAllison

There's even a 25fter on the horizon for the big motors.....
WHAAAAAAT??? Screw the 23 then, go ahead & make mine a 25 2+2 (+2 more?), a 400R bolted on her fatazz, check every box on the option sheet, you know my colors, I'll have my people call their people for $ wiring instructions. (Can I have a water heater & jacuzzi pumps custom installed in the live well?)

whipper

Yup front seats would have to be cruising only, but would be bad ass, especially if there was a drop in fishing deck when needed and a live well in the back, you know if you gonna dream dream big
All as you would need is a textured floor like the SS through out in a 23GS Bow Rider for fishing. Im thinking about doing that to my GS so i can wash down any fish blood and scales. I fish with my GS all the time it only the carpet that's the problem. But to have a bow area were your back is close to the wind screen walk threw center would be sick!! In a 23fter two persons sitting close to the wind screen with a 250 or 300xs wouldn't be to bad for CG for cruising. Real great for floating around relaxing sitting up there.

ally2dextreme

I never asked Darris about a larger boat in development. Give me a 25' GS with a 15" 400R. Now that is what I really want. Any idea of the eta on the 25'?
Between now and then lol..I can't say but it will be aaaaa whileeeee

ally2dextreme

I never asked Darris about a larger boat in development. Give me a 25' GS with a 15" 400R. Now that is what I really want. Any idea of the eta on the 25'?
And with the deepth of the new boat a 20 will be great

cdaallison

Does anyone know if the new 23 is designed to be a more rough water boat , other than length? Is it designed more to compete with the Tuff 21 or a 22 progression or is just a bigger Grandsport. I am on a very rough lake.

whipper

In the spy shots the feeboard is very generous. The Vee on the 20ft GS is 22 degrees and handles rough water better than pretty much all 20ft sport boats that ive seen and felt. I would suspect Darris is making the best riding rough water boat on the planet for the speed and most efficient or he wont build it. As good as the 21 Tuff is I doubt it would hold its own against a 23fter. They also dont have the freeboard for real rough water. The 22 Progression would be more what I would suspect her capability to be only faster with less power buy the sounds of it. Even 6 inches makes a difference with a little freeboard and beam. Hence what every one says about the 21 tuff to the 20ft GS. They have a little more beam and freeboard and about 6 inchs running length but can run in rougher water says the guys who owned and driven both. A 22 progression can go play in water that put the 21 tuff on the trailer. The long Island boys prove that. So basically a 23 dimensionality should perform as a 23ft does better than a 20,21 or 22 when the water goes south with a very deep Vee as all Allison sport boats have. If you have ever been in a 22ft Donzi they are very smooth in water that would be awful slow going for a 20ft GS. There actually closer to a 23ft hull at 22.6 and they have a very wide beam of 10ft!! The 22 Progrestion is just shy of 22ft at 21.9ft and much narrower at 7.8. these two are fairly comparable But the nod goes to the Donzi as they weigh twice as much. Another factor to consider. The 23ft Allison has at least a 8ft beam from what Ive seen. The Progression is 6 inchs wider than 20ft GS and the same as the 21ft Tuff.

whipper

If i was in 4ft waves I know what hull i would want to be in just by looking at them. Note the beam of the 23ft Allison prototype how far over the fenders of the 20ft trailer she hangs. Also compared to my GS same trailer look were the bow eye is in relation to the 20fter. Theres allot of free board and beam in comparison. Also check out the motor top and perople standing there. The motor is way over there heads and thats Darris leaning on the stern. His hand on the end of the wing is up to his sternum. Mine is up to my waist on the same trailer.

So I think its safe to say she will be real good in rougher conditions .:D Also the winged chines would make for a very dry ride as far as i can tell. The finished product im sure will be nothing short of excellent. And after looking at this dusty old photo for years I cant wait to she the shiny version!! haha

Last edited:

skewby

from what i hear dares is looking at a 25degree dead rise. which has never been done. his only problem as of now it has a slight porpose from 50to 53mph. but has has take the chine walk of the hull so it will be easier to drive than the 20footers and even the 21's

xb03fs

What chinewalk? These boats don't walk with an experienced driver how would he know if he removed it without soliciting a Ranger driver to hop in??? Porposing is not a reason to hold up production a shitty prop and the wrong trim angle and you can make any hull porpose........

whipper

What chinewalk? These boats don't walk with an experienced driver how would he know if he removed it without soliciting a Ranger driver to hop in??? Porposing is not a reason to hold up production a shitty prop and the wrong trim angle and you can make any hull porpose........

Haha thats funny and a good point about how would he know if it was chine walking as he would just drive it like any other Allison love it!!

whipper

from what i hear dares is looking at a 25degree dead rise. which has never been done. his only problem as of now it has a slight porpose from 50to 53mph. but has has take the chine walk of the hull so it will be easier to drive than the 20footers and even the 21's
Those side sponsoons/ chines must pack a little bit of air at speed. Pluss the back end work to not chine walk must have an effect causing the slight porpoise. Without giving anything away there's only one way to not chine walk.:rolleyes: i know she doesn't have a tunnel but I do know what he did back there and what those guys are looking at in the pic.. In a round about way. ;)