23' Grandsport

whipper

i think they will sell great these days. Theres lots of guys with money for a sweet boat that want something a little bigger because the way the lakes get with all the bigger boats making wakes these days. Not to mention a great inter coastal sport or fishing boat in that size.

ROBERT CROSS

When I talked to Bill last year he said they hadn't sold a new GS in the last four years, has that changed? If not, there should be a BIG demand for this new offering. I would love to own one but......well, we'll see. ;)

GotMyAlly

It was a 3.0L on THAT plug. That pic was taken probably 7-8 yrs ago. Sounds like it's been reduced from 24' to 23' and again to 22'2" since then.

skewby

thats one thing he was saying. some people are afraid that they couldn't drive an allison. so he wants this boat to be able to drive so easy even someone with no allison experience would be able to drive it at speed. i doubt that its just a trim angle or the prop, i'm sure darris knows wether its the prop or where he needs the trim set. lol

xb03fs

Will it still be a fun boat if it is so easy to drive a ranger owner can drive it the first day to wot

whipper

Ok - Allison's rock - but how many you think he'll sell a year? 5 ?
Ya thats a good question? How many 21,s does he sell a year now for instance? Or better yet how long does it take to build an Allison from start to finish anyone know that? im prettysure there at least 5 owner on hear that will be buying one. Im pretty sure once word gets out that they are as good as he says more will come. She sounds like she will better or just as good in the rough as other 21-22ft models out there in the SOB class and faster than all of them with less power of course. So if She is also easier to ballance thats going to get some attention im sure. Then as per the norm after the patends run out every other manufacture will do there version of what he has done to the bottom like they did with adding a pad to the Vee.. haha. Its funny how many people with other pad vees refuse to acknowledge thats what changed there hull into a great one. I guess there is alot of inventions like that these days. No ones thanking Alexander Graham bell for inventing the phone. We all say I love my android or I Phone system. But if it wasn't for him who knows if we would still be sending pigeons. haha:rolleyes:

DOUBLE J

I'm confused ...so has Dariss made 3 different plugs or shortened the original plug from 24 to 23 than to 22.2? I like the size of the spy shot plug so I'm hoping that the boat didn't get smaller than that plug. When I spoke to Dariss he was calling it a 23' and all his boats are a little over the foot size that he calls them by (i.e. a 20' is 20'3" or 20'2"). So I wonder if this will be called a 22' boat if it is going to be 22'2". Hmmm..inquiring mind want to know...

ally2dextreme

It will be called a 222 for now,22ft 2 inches... those pictures look great but that's 24 ft,the 222 will of coarse be smaller in every dimension.....

Lotus 50

Reynolds Racing marine and Allison Canada each have a 2013GS for sale, so at least 2 were made in the last couple of years. Reynolds is at $49900with a 175 xs. The Canadian boat is a lot less at $45500in our 80 cent dollars. Same power on each.

scj

There's a new 2015 GS setting in the showroom at the Allison plant right now with the new epa compliant fuel tank system. If I were not in the middle of building a new home, I'd seriously consider giving it a home. Beautiful boat! Plus any new model heading our way will probably be a whole lot more expensive than the 20'er.

whipper

Yes on resale and 222 is a HUDGE difference in a boat. 2ft over the GS is a large boat. The cost to build will be much less than a 24ft or 23 also. Allot!

Deeper, Wider, Longer, faster dimensionally. Sounds good to me.:cool:

mikesufka

Yes on resale and 222 is a HUDGE difference in a boat. 2ft over the GS is a large boat. The cost to build will be much less than a 24ft or 23 also. Allot!

Deeper, Wider, Longer, faster dimensionally. Sounds good to me.:cool:
Two feet is not a "HUGE" difference.

xb03fs

I don't know 1' made a huge difference in going from a xb2003 to a xb 2+2 I assume due to the added width as well. If the Grandsports gets wider and deeper as some expect 2 feet could be a lot.

Keeping it at 22 and change could also keep it happy with 250 and 300 XS instead creating the need for twins or a big inboard..........although I guess some may want to go with the 400R if possible..........

whipper

Two feet is not a "HUGE" difference.
Thats why the old saying one footitis. haha Guys would move up to a new boat 1ft bigger. This one is almost 2ft. Maybe not to some though i see your point. But to me personally she will still fit in my garage without having to be angled. A 22 Progression is a pretty big boat and there only 21.7. If she is 222 for the 23 thats still 7 inchs more than that, pluss dimensionally over the whole boat. Good sized lake boat and decent ocean going at that size and still retain speed and trailer ability ect.

Or a 36 fter OK will be a HUDGE difference. Either way as long as she has better manners and has speed with the new power she will be a home run for me.;)

xb03fs

Pad is wide enough on 21s to carry a big load