23' Grandsport

xb03fs

As important as patents seem to be to him a good chunk of income must come from royalties

allyfreek

As important as patents seem to be to him a good chunk of income must come from royalties
I started this thread and I was there and in the first picture of the new Grandsport plug on page 4 of this thread that was taken in June of 2007. But that was the plug I guess in the early stages of development.

biller31

I'll send you your $500 Neal... right after You drive up to the factory, pick up My boat, drop it by Jeff Calbaugh for motor and rigging, then wax it up with 2 coats, and hand deliver it to my house. This would be like getting between the fat kid and his piece of cake! You should listen to Craig on this one. LOL

Lotus 50

I'd be surprised if Allison made much in royalties. My assumption was always that the patents were a defence against splashing. I could be wrong.

As for a 22-23' boat, I am content to run early and then put the boat on the runway when there is a lot of boat traffic. It would be different if I trailered to the lake. Not so easy to put the boat in and out several times a day.

GotMyAlly

I'll send you your $500 Neal... right after You drive up to the factory, pick up My boat, drop it by Jeff Calbaugh for motor and rigging, then wax it up with 2 coats, and hand deliver it to my house. This would be like getting between the fat kid and his piece of cake! You should listen to Craig on this one. LOL

You're cake is ready.....come'n'get it.......:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

whipper

John, I was standing there with you at the factory during the rally when you asked Darris if you could see the new hull and you remember what he said???.......Not until all the patents are completed. So how in the world did these photos get out on the internet even if they were from years ago????
Those pics dont show the double top secret stern area thats going to make this hull super special. The anty chine walk stern area and pad design is one of the main aspects of this hull. The pics were from the factory tour in 07 as mentioned. Very preliminary stages in those two pics. She was a 24ft and had an SS top deck thrown on for testing. Lee Sanderson and his wife have been out in the new version with Darris and Nancy and said she is a very impressive boat.

aeneas

For me, all Allison Boats have to do is scale up the SS2000 3' and I'll stick a 400R on it or a twin turbo smallblock... In red please! :D

whipper

For me, all Allison Boats have to do is scale up the SS2000 3' and I'll stick a 400R on it... In red please! :D
Well I think thats almost what you will be getting. Only there wont be a need to go 400R the 300xs with some small dbr tweeks will be more than enough ill betcha ;)

aeneas

whipper, I am not sure there will be two-strokes in the future... :( Mercury is doing their best at killing the Optimax' and Evinrude has not been successful at connecting with new boat sales (Yamaha and Mercury have all the deals with the manufacturers) and I can't see Evinrude surviving on re-powering alone. We will be left with these heavy and slow four-strokes built for offshore barges.

whipper

That may be true but im pretty sure since there is a 505 lb 4 stroke 250+ now thats not going to be so bad. As time goes on they only can get lighter like the bike and PWC they have evolved to be faster than the two stokes were and now are reving better and live with proper gearing. For the 25ft and less crowd the problem seems to only be in the gearing and case. If Yamaha and Evinrude could get the gear ratio options right and realize that the SM and NX drives are the best designs they would out sell merc 2 strokes right now Ill bet? Anyone who has a Yamaha or etech wishes they had a 1.62 SM. if I owned the company I would be all over that info. Im sure the off shore guys would also fare better with a case in between an NX and a SM also. Sooner or later someone will design a case thats properly suited for these motors. They are all just reusing old designs still without any one with there finger on the pulse in charge.

Lotus 50

Every time I see someone write no more two strokes I think about buying one. Maybe my Promax will last another 20 years. I don't use it much. Certainly could not pay for a new motor with fuel savings. My SS is big enough. If it's too rough I can sit on shore.