23' Grandsport

Jon

Supporting Member
I really would bet against ever seeing a new boat from Allison, in any model. Fortunately, like Mark said, the boats we have are pretty good. The bow rider market is way down right now, and pontoons are up in registrations over 400% since 2009. That number will change again when the next best thing comes along, but the 23' GS would hit such a small market, and at a huge premium, I don't see it happening. Flame away :)

Jon

Supporting Member
Nailed it. Make it a tritoon just for the better rough water handling.

allyfreek

Darris told someone who was picking up his 2017 20' Grandsport that a bigger one was coming down the road. The question is when.

allyfreek

Thanks Robert for backing up my story. I'm just hoping this boat makes it into production before he retires. I believe Darris is man of his word but is getting up in his years and don't know if he has a exit strategy.

Lotus 50

I think my SS2000 will last another 30 years. It's a 2001. There is a restore thread on SnF about a 2000 Liberator. I have seen Canadian built STV of similar age get restored. It's nice to have a quality boat.

I have no need for a bigger boat as I have two boats.

Lotus 50

A post on S&F claims the 23 molds have been scrapped. I still don't want a boat that big, but a V bottom boat with no chinewalk would have been cool progress in hull design.

Jr in Jax

I too have been waiting on the 23 foot Gransport but sadly it has not happened. I talked with Bill this morning and he said Darius is still working on it. I am tired of keeping my 20 year old 2.5 running [3K+ a year] since it just blew the #5 and 6 head gaskets again and cost me a piston and my Jay Smith heads. I am getting Jaco's to quote me on a 300 XS and hope to travel up there next week to have it installed. If the new Grandsport ever happens, I will have the correct engine for it.

allyfreek

One of the Allison dealers has a order form for a 2015 Grandsport that starts at $37k and the Elite at $41k. Any guesses as to how much the new 22 or 23 footer would start at?

Jr in Jax

I just returned home with my new 300XS on my Grandsport and it appears to be a marriage made in Heaven. I ran end to end of Lake Altoona {Atlanta where I hit my first mudbank]] and then went to the Suwannee [Branford Florida]. I ran it today from Branford to Fanning to Ichatucknee and back to Branford [about 130 miles] at 60+ on 16 gallons of fuel. The holeshot with the 30" Chopper II takes some practice [WOT for about 3 seconds, let up some and the bow comes down and then WOT for another couple of seconds till it planes off]. The engine was moved forward with just the Hydraulic jackplate against the transom, which cuts the rear weight and the hull is much faster with much less up trim. This makes the hull ride much flatter and less squirrely. Cutting the throttle hard does not drop the bow since the hull is already running flat and doesn't drop. With the 1.62 SM, 62 MPH GPS was 4500 RPM and driving was much less demanding. I would recommend it to any Grandsport owner who has lots of Seat-Time.

whipper

Great to know JR sweet package ive always imagined maybe one day for me also. :cool::p Ill be a 30 drag 3 or 4 would be a sweet prop on there also?

ROBERT CROSS

:):):) Sorry been side tracked lately trying to finish my Jeep Build!! All done for now time to start the boat season Ice came off most lakes last week. Getting her ready tomorrow.
Heard Erie had 18' waves a couple weeks back--ufda. Definitely not Allison water.

Bad Rap...we have some nice daze on the Lake...
fullsizeoutput_462.jpeg

When we don't theres always the Niagara River...fullsizeoutput_1622.jpegfullsizeoutput_28f.jpeg
Bob

22R

Well one thing about it is Mercury will now have these 4 strokes in a weight that will work on a 22 foot boat I would think....maybe Darris has been waiting for this mota to come along .......

22R

allyfreek

yep Kyle now would be a great time. For the first time I have ever seen the Mercury Racing website has all 4 stroke engines only.