ally xr-how fast w/ a 200

actmobmar

how fast will an ally xr2002 comp go w/ a stock(no internal block mods) 200? thanks!

actmobmar

reason i'm asking is the s&f boys are having a 200 shootout, trying to figure if my ally would be competitive against the stv's, mirages, etc, just don't want to waste my time, can't remember the last time i put together a stock engine!!

K.Kiser

Patches has a relatively heavy built XR02 that has a 100% stock EFI 2.5 200, I mean as stock as Mercury can make one down to every wire tie - zero mods or changes... His would hit the 6750 rev limiter at 95-96 with a cut 28 pitch Chopper... With a 30/32 pitch long prop it would've ran 100mph I feel pretty sure...

K.Kiser

reason i'm asking is the s&f boys are having a 200 shootout, trying to figure if my ally would be competitive against the stv's, mirages, etc, just don't want to waste my time, can't remember the last time i put together a stock engine!!
If it were Me, I'd try to find a HOSS Triton, Merc Offshore, Offshore cut Chopper, Mazco RE-3, or Lightning E.T in a strong 32 pitch to get the rpm's back down into the real low 6K's where the power is and I say that 105 isn't out of the question with a sharp set-up... Go to the Allison Boat, Co. page and look at the "specials" that they have, probably some real good props there and even some better advice... Man I wish that I was closer, I'd jump in that competition... I couldn't run with a Drag, XR02 or some of the tunnels but It would be a blast... I'd like to see more of this stuff...

Last edited:

patches

I still think the boat will run close to 110 with a good gearcase and that 30 Triton you have. Just my opinion

bigtis

I've got a brand new 14.5X33 Hoss TRiton1, and I can't wait to try it on my drag boat once it's fixed.

K.Kiser

I've got a brand new 14.5X33 Hoss TRiton1, and I can't wait to try it on my drag boat once it's fixed.
That's the same prop that the SR-71 Blackbird used to set the cross-continental speed record... This time Tis, make sure You don't un-fix the boat...

J

John Richied

On Scream and Fly a guy just posted a 34 pitch Hoss prop for sale

J

John Richied

I just found this link on Scream and Fly and started reading about the 200 hp boat shoot-out.

On page one the rules read

motor needs to be OEM stock rated at 200 hp or less
Stock porting
165psi max heads
lightweight charging systems ok
5 peddle motors only

There are 29 pages and I am only on page 9 and I see where they asked if the ECU has to be stock, but no answer yet

actmobmar

I just found this link on Scream and Fly and started reading about the 200 hp boat shoot-out.

On page one the rules read

motor needs to be OEM stock rated at 200 hp or less
Stock porting
165psi max heads
lightweight charging systems ok
5 peddle motors only

There are 29 pages and I am only on page 9 and I see where they asked if the ECU has to be stock, but no answer yet

bigtis

prostock 200, 1.78 XR6 and a good 30-33p hoss!!!!!!!!! i see no problem with 115-118:beer:

XSive

I can't wait to see one run with a 200XS on it...hehehehe.

Too bad it is minus 25 here or I'd be tempted to go outside and start rigging. Oh I gotta get off my fat *** this year.

J

John Richied

I can't wait to see one run with a 200XS on it...hehehehe.

Too bad it is minus 25 here or I'd be tempted to go outside and start rigging. Oh I gotta get off my fat *** this year.
Bill it will be nice to hear the day you get to run your XR-2002/200.
Exciting stuff for sure!

patches

prostock 200, 1.78 XR6 and a good 30-33p hoss!!!!!!!!! i see no problem with 115-118
Just got off the phone with Bret talking about this exact setup on your boat. I got 20 bucks says it'll go 120

ziemer

Just got off the phone with Bret talking about this exact setup on your boat. I got 20 bucks says it'll go 120
I'd be willing to take your bet. :big grin :big grin :big grin

bigtis

ziemer

I'm gonna be at the shootout in 5 weeks, and I can't wait to see all these 120 mph boats with 200's. :gasp :beer:

What I think is really ironic, is that last June there was a topend shootout up in the Carolinas and I think the fastest Allison, which was an XR2002 ran somewhere around 107-108...

I've been lucky enough to be in the area when Tyner's running his XR to the magical 120's (with a stout pump gas 280) and there's another XR right up the road that would kill to run 120 with any motor, so... say what you want, but I find it real hard to believe that any Allison with a stock 200 is going to be anywhere near 120. :wink

(Although I probably would've said the same thing about an Action running 109 too, so who knows. :idiot)

bigtis

. say what you want, but I find it real hard to believe that any Allison with a stock 200 is going to be anywhere near 120. :wink

(Although I probably would've said the same thing about an Action running 109 too, so who knows. :idiot)
The video of my boat flipping I was going 115 with a big gearcase and a NOT so great big ending prop. It was a 30 that was beat on a little for acceleration. the prop would act up at 115 no matter what case was on it so I didn't really need to swap cases that day because regardless the boat would start lopeing "I refer to it as purposing," at 115 EVERY time. I've got some other props I'll try after the boats fixed and I think 118-119 will be accomplishable with a 200 case muchless a XR6 case.

I had a 32 ET cut that I ran over 130 with and it just locked in and ran... WISH I had'nt sold it now!!
That was with a stock 280 though and a 8600rev limit.

Last edited: