ally xr-how fast w/ a 200

msharp

From the looks of the pics on S&F, I don't think a single dang 200 showed up. Someone said on the thread that there were a lot of "new" looking 200 decals there, though. :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
Thats what i kinda thought would happen ! there were alot of BIG MPH's on the table . Must've not made it to the WATER !!!!!!!! :LMAO

h2oskiier30

Here were the "rules" for this event:

motor needs to be OEM stock rated at 200 hp or less
Stock porting
165psi max heads
lightweight charging systems ok
5 peddle motors only

Now, how many of those rules were honestly adhered to?

Again...I don't believe there were many honest 200hp motors there.

racerx

I wonder which one would of 110,in the shortest distance?

jeff tyner

just got end from the blow out dam it was windy. we went out this morning at seven to try to beat the wind.by nine she was blowing.went for a boat ride saturday did a 30 mph crews with the family with the only prop i brought and hit something and bent a blade. 32 et. found one a guy was selling so had to buy it if i was going to run it was not the best prop but it was better then nothing.ended up running 110.5 the motor is a 1992 2.5 200 carb with 142 psi. with a light charging system.think i,m going to play with this motor some more and try to get in the teens.most of the guys were running efi. but anyway it was a blast playing with these little motors. just wish the weather would have been better.jeff

Fl Boy in ILL

Jeff, 110.5 is awesome, I am sure with some more time teens will be well within your reach. Too bad about the wind just glad nobody got stupid and tried to run into the wind. Keep us posted on your advances with the 200, you think EFI would have been better for ya?

Can't wait to get my XB2002 going, it should be a blast.

Rick

racerx

Tyner-Sounds like she was cookin,6 case are your sportmaster? Those old rat 200s can run up top,never would of guessed those speeds,,but cummin from Tyner that,is no bull...Let us know what you get out of it,when your done playing with it...

patches

Thats a good number Jeff and I have no doubt with a little setup/prop work you'll see more. Sucks about the wind but glad everything ended up well. I'm also curious as to what gearcase you were running

jeff tyner

i was running my 1.87 full skeg sportmaster and a 32 e.t. all the stv,s were running sportys. i know it,s hard to believe but keys dave ran a 1.75 and a 34 cleaver 7200. i saw the gps zero out before they gave it to him he came back with a 121.0 and it looked it too.we did a compression check on his motor it was 148psi. with the same prop and a 1.87 he ran 118. the guy knows how to make a stv roll. i think being a little bit CRAZY helps:razzhis was a lazer injection 200 not much to look at.

patches

the guy knows how to make a stv roll. i think being a little bit CRAZY helps
Man... thats the pot calling the kettle black:LMAO:

Once again good job Jeff. With a good xr6 case I think upper 1 teens could be possible. Kinda fun sticking your foot in a cheap motor for once ain't it?

K.Kiser

I'll bet when an XR-01/XR-02, xr-6 case, and a sharp tune get married together minds will change about what a 200 can run on an Allison...

bigtis

I'll bet when an XR-01/XR-02, xr-6 case, and a sharp tune get married together minds will change about what a 200 can run on an Allison...
soon my freind, SOON!!! I'll be bringing my baby back to Allison monday:beer:

msharp

Are you talking about that dude TYNER ?? HOW much faster do you think he can go ???

K.Kiser

Are you talking about that dude TYNER ?? HOW much faster do you think he can go ???
Not talking about anyone in particular, but My own useless opinion is that when the package on a XR Drag gets polished out I expect to see high 1 teens on a 1200-1250 lbs. rig...

msharp

Yeah I would say you are right. Tyner went 110.5 with a fat case .Skinny case will be faster.