Fast or Quick

patches

Hmmmmmm.....wonder why everyone isn't running big numbers if it is easy Mr. Erik?? Hasn't been too easy since 1987.

;0)
I'm just messing around. Top end stuff scares me. I do think you could take any number of top running boats and put a big wheel on them and go faster than just about anybody wants to go in one. I personally think Glenn Reynolds record could pretty easily fall if somebody had the desire to

catfish123

!!!!SLOW!!!!! Tomorrow is my 1 year and 6 months anniversary of joining the :help club. Ask me how I remember it was July 14th, 2012 at exactly 7:08AM............................:shock::shock:

catfish123

My leg still hurts some believe it or not...........constant reminder.

racerx

I like quick also I only run 24s on whatever Allison I have at the time and with a 280 they pull right up to 105 plus with plenty punch thats all I like safe and quick..

john w

Im happy turning a small prop quickly up to 90-100.
I guess I'm too old and start thinking of all the things that can go wrong while try to wring the last mph out of her.
Oh Boy !! We heard it all now, coming from a Porsche 911 owner. Hold my beer and watch this !!!!

RedAllison

QUICK!

And that's MUCH safer than wot for a couple of miles. :wink

100+ for 2-3miles+ is asking for trouble, regardless which hull. But 100+ in a few hundred feet from a dead or rolling stop in a lightweight or ESPECIALLY a XR is DA bestus u gonna feel with ya britches still up! :beer:

suicidealli

I'm just messing around. Top end stuff scares me. I do think you could take any number of top running boats and put a big wheel on them and go faster than just about anybody wants to go in one. I personally think Glenn Reynolds record could pretty easily fall if somebody had the desire to
I agree!!! Takes some marbles to run really big numbers. If your concerned about hooking, getting hurt, have a conscience your not going to run huge numbers. Lmao IMO no doubt you can build the HP to do it. I have been In the 120's but have no desire for the 130's!!!!

Last edited:

SmallJaw

I agree!!! Takes some marbles to run really big numbers. If your concerned about hooking, getting hurt, have a conscience your not going to run huge numbers. Lmao IMO no doubt you can build the HP to do it. I have been I the 120's but have no desire for the 130's!!!!
Hmmm. Better change your siggy! I have been I the 120's but have no desire for the 130's!!!!:laughing:laughing:laughing

Brack

I do recall, at one gathering I attended, I was very impressed with the Stroker's running a Big top-end number,…..but it took a LONG way to do it,……not my game running a big case with a 34p. prop,…..

they wasnt interested in running 1/4…..1/2……or even a mile drag race…..LOL….and I wasnt interested in running 3 miles either,

But it was fun to watch those big boats run,

Last edited:

hooken203

I like both quick enough to get ahead and fast enough to stay there. My boat is just a fishing boat so sometimes I take off in 2 ft of water so quick is good but more often than not I run 15 or 20 miles so fast is also good. But my fast numbers are well below what you guys are talkin.

allison8503

Ill do it! Somebody give me a new XR2002. A good stock drag motor with a 12 inch mid and let me build a good XR-6 gear case. And pay for the record attempt ill drive it as fast as it wants to go twice! Lol Iv had my old bass boat in the low 120's. That was also for only a short time. It takes some brass to hold it for the record run. But brutal quick to 100-110 is a bigger rush to me than stretching one out to get it to 100.

RBT

Galen told me that if he wanted to go fast it would be in a 1/4 master, I tap out in the 120's. And even then it is an Stv and slowing it down can be interesting. Bottom line is we have more hp avaloable today, likely more than most of us have stones.

SmallJaw

Galen told me that if he wanted to go fast it would be in a 1/4 master, I tap out in the 120's. And even then it is an Stv and slowing it down can be interesting. Bottom line is we have more hp avaloable today, likely more than most of us have stones.
Very true words spoken here.:smile

XXXR2001

After reading all the posts on this thread, it's amusing that most of us don't consider 100mph to be all that fast. I think we are a little spoiled because a lot of our boats can get to a Benjamin and do it pretty quick. Hell, practically every person on this site that owns an Allison has a boat capable of going over 100. Outside of our small hotboat community thats pretty rare. I like mine quick and fast! :big grin

patches

Ol XXXR2001's boat will hit 100 in about 50 feet! Least that's the way it looked when I raced him once. Lol

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like quick. Fast is all relative. 75 in my old Checkmate was crazy fast, not so in my Ally.
Checkmate was quicker than the average Allison to 50 or 60. When you hit the throttle everything went flying to the back of the boat.