grand sport videos

jas638

Banned
XB2003, bought new in 1999, and now has a Merc 280 on it. I hope this ends any thoughts you may have that I'm a "jealous hater" who doesn't own an Allison. How long have you had yours?
will restate i am proud to be a new ally owner. 1993 gs. bought sept09. found her in a barn in lake gaston n.c. i am second owner she is pristene .nobody believes it is a 1993. ,i would love to add a all red ss comp to my collection someday, just waitin for the right one.i really would like to see a video of your boat. (being serious). and i never said you were anything.but maybe you do a little bashing your self?

msharp 02-12-2010 10:29 PM msharp NO you dont , but I dont know you either , you havent heard all the crap thats being said about whats going on !! new or not has nothing to do with it .Iam a ALLISON owner . have been for a long time .maybe you should find out whats the whole story befor you judge me !

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
Hey jas no worries. Call him or PM him and he will make you a prop. :banghead Its more an edicate thing on hear I guess. Catfish means no harm but it seems at times though your boasting weather ya think it or not? I see it as your exitted as i am for you I cant emagine how fun it must be haveing the ability to try and dial in a GS over 100.. Not everyone gets a toy to play with like we Allison owners!! Catfish is trying to keep it real. Some personalies come across heavier than others. No biggy,just remember lots of these guys have been around Allisons and work on them exclusavly and very exensivly in racing and pleasure. Catfish is always there to help like 99% of the guys on hear. Helped me alot in figuring out what my pad was supost to look like after a stick chipped it up.
Slomo, {Gary} is as nice a guy youll ever meet!! Who just happens to own one of the most powerfull outboards on the planet at 470hp on a bassboat!!!!! Can do 100 with his eyes closed and no hands or feet.:LMAO:I cant stop typing once i start!! My posts are to LOOOONGGGG and i know that. Ill try and help because thats what helped me. Im wrong lots because I type Soooo Much and get mixed up in what Im saying at times. i generaly know better and never read what I wrote because its to dam long for me to read!!:beer: I have way to much time on my hand at times. But the guys on hear are great and will correct you when your wrong because theres a lot at stake. Lives...

Im off for a month and a half and heading to the lake for 3 weeks at a resort on the water friday with the gS. I cant wait to boat every day all day and night. i wont be breaking any records because I only have a 25 trophy and a 26 OFFshore to use. But ill have fun doing 80-90 when the wakeboard boats arnt around!! Gota go finish waxing the baby, change the gear oil and put the new 1000 cranking amp Battery in. Hopfully the engine will stay togeather for this trip or might be melting down some gold to afford to fix it!!
thanks james, i like your long posts. you are truly an example of tot-ally positive person. i admire it. yes some of these guys are vets at this i respect that. have said from the beginnin i joined to learn. but it seems that sometimes people like to crap on other peoples excitement/enthusiasm. dont mean to seam boastful but lets put it into perspective i say i am runnin 100+,pics to follow,i am boasting,i just dont know .z puts up a pic of his gps(no offense z ,soory to use you as an example) and everyone including me is like cool,wow,nice.sorry whip,but at times theres what seems to be a double standard. jmo.

AMERICAN

Hi Ziemer
Did you every install your 120 mph speedo yet,also did you make any new videos of you gs ..I would love to see them..your boat is smokin...

ziemer

Hi Ziemer
Did you every install your 120 mph speedo yet,also did you make any new videos of you gs ..I would love to see them..your boat is smokin...
No new videos yet...I need to get my GoPro back from my buddy.

I'll be at the Sanford event on Saturday, so maybe someone will get a couple pics... :cool No new 120 speedo yet... :wink

AMERICAN

Hey John,I see what you mean about theses JSRE motor......First time out after breakin in my new JSRE motor...it was running mid 90s' in heavy chop and still had more to go..looks like Im going to be buyin a new GPS speedo....:smile

Attachments

Last edited:

ziemer

Hey John,I see what you mean about theses JSRE motor......First time out after breakin in my new JSRE motor...it was running mid 90s' in heavy chop and still had more to go..looks like Im going to be buyin a new GPS speedo....:smile
You're gonna need that 120 mph speedo. :beer:

Was hoping to have some new video of mine from Sanford. I know there was a camera rolling on Saturday, but I haven't seen any vids posted yet. There was about 8 of us running back to the ramp, and Big D and I posted 103... Had it to the mat for about 3 miles. Not bad for 2 of us in the boat and a full cooler... btw, we were 2nd to the ramp... :wink

jas638

Banned
you will be in the 100+ club your next time in the seat!!!!! yeeeee-haaaaa very happy for you!!!!!!!!

AMERICAN

Finally got some seat time on my new set up.....what differance from going from a 20" to a 15".....

suicidealli

so any new numbers????? i cant believe all the bashing on here... jus sayin..
hard to beat a good 260, for pulling big props, and mph.. a 225pm pulls hard too. good all around motors. the gs is a great boat too, just dont like big numbers. darris says there is to much air force on the bow. your kinda fighting it with trim angle to get it to run. never heard of one hitting 110, but im sure it ca be done, with a lot of hp, and set up time.. good luck, and wouldnt hurt to wear a helmut.

roy

jas638

Banned
Finally got some seat time on my new set up.....what differance from going from a 20" to a 15".....

looks saaweeeeeeeet!!!!!!! and those custom ss outlets. thanks i love mine. american is one bad azzzz machinist. !!!!

AMERICAN

American, looks good. What jackplate are you running?
Its a Hydro Dynamics Magnum Rapid Jack,that has a 12" set back,but I had to make some alterations to it so that it would work with the 15" mid,I cut out the rachet hight adjuster and made up a new spacer bar and s.s bushings to take its place,then I had to cut and relocate the two angle plates and drill and tap a couple of holes ,I got everything to line up perfect and I also got the gear case right where I want it with the adjustment so that I can bring it 2" above pad or 2" below pad, and if I have to bring it up or down its as simple as either putting a floor jack under it or a engine hoist above it to lift it or lower it....for me it was not a big deal ,Im lucky enough to own my own C.N.C. machine shop .......:at the bar

Last edited:

AMERICAN

Jas638 and myself were out airing out the GS's..It felt good to run side by side after a long winter and to sandwich in what we believe to be a 21 super boat with a 300 on it and blow by it and then to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of some type of pancake boat with a 2.5 on it,blew right by him 2:LMAO:I know how that feels cause I have had a skater with twins do the same thing to me:embarassed....its all good to be on the water.............