grand sport videos

jas638

Banned
WOW!!!!!!!!!.........1/4 pedal left.......Holy Chit.......What do ya think it'll do?............125????????............Look out Todd........LOL.......This thing might be faster than your dad's 2002 with 300 drag. :rolling eyes:rolling eyes:rolling eyes
wow sorry if i offended you or todd or anyone else. what i said was it felt like ALMOST 1/4 more. i wouldnt say i would swear to it but i was not fully punched out. no need for you to be a smart azz. it is what it is. respectively i would guess she should do at least 108 by my self. never said i wanted to be faster than todd's dad boat i dont really care what he runs. good for him!!! great i hope he does 139.74 mph and has the fastest boat on the planet. this is a conversational thread on grandsport videos and setups. how we can get em to run better and faster. if you dont have any thing productive to add then shut the front door!!!! dont be a hater life is short be positive and enjoy. dont start a pissing match it wont be worth it. do you have a ally? if you do post your video on my thread!!!! this will be the highest hit thread in history!!! i think it might be already!!!! videos coming soon.!!!!

Last edited:

jas638

Banned
Im thoughted out.
Just let her eat and have fun but be safe.
james noooooooooooo it cant be true!!!! i have thought about what you said earlier with smaller pitch props. talked to jay he said to wind this sumbich to 9,500 easily maybe 10,000. with a 22 or 24 p. yammi drag or et. i was thinkin of callin tim bostic and seeing if he would cut one of my tritons? or maybe todd can make me the same prop he runs on his gs?

whipper

james noooooooooooo it cant be true!!!! i have thought about what you said earlier with smaller pitch props. talked to jay he said to wind this sumbich to 9,500 easily maybe 10,000. with a 22 or 24 p. yammi drag or et. i was thinkin of callin tim bostic and seeing if he would cut one of my tritons? or maybe todd can make me the same prop he runs on his gs?
Your setup sounds good and very similer to half at least of the GS,s Ive heard of. I would for sure talk to Todd. He,s running 26 pitch props favorly with his 260 setup. As he mentioned earlier he likes a bit of weight in the hull for over 100 runs. This accually is what a guy i talked to a few years back said also. He was running a Simonized 300PM at around 340hp but needed big wheels to turn 110mph. He Said 110 was way better with 4 in the boat with that tourque monster!! Before ya start taking passangers over 100 make sure you get that lean out with some counter wieght. Ive talked to several guys running over 100mph with Grand Sports and they arnt leaning to the left over 100. If they leaned to the right and cought it they stayed dry!! Ussually need more trim to the right?? 340 HP will for sure get you to speeds in the 104-105. The problem isnt that you dont have the HP or nads it seems to get there. Its more of a Hull speed issue. From what I understand at the 103-104+ light asspesialy the bow gets kighty. Thats why these guys say with weight they like the feel better probably because this help keep the hull more planted. Also this goes with what Jeff and Todd say haveing the counter weights as far forward as possable. SOOOOO I would emagine again in therory that if you even added more weight in the bow provided you have the HP but not to much to offset to much from the stern without say adding more back there also you can mimick the planted feel and avoid the flighty bow light load characteristics. Again in theory. I know the 300PM guy put weight in his bow and could run 110. Thats the fastest GS I have ever heard of. Zienmer, Jeffs is the second fastest. Todd and Jeff are pretty much in there at 105+ more than anyone else. The 300PM has been sold and not sure who has her or if she still sports the 300 or not??

catfish123

Hey Jas638.......You are the classic example of someone who can dish it out but can't take it. You are also obviously so caught up in your bashing of people that you fail to recognize when someone is joking with you. I was joking, sorry you just didn't get it. Over the years, many like you have come and gone from this board.............time will tell, but I'm betting you will wind up joining them.

catfish123

Controversial threads with a lot of hog-piling always get the most hits. This thread early on took on those characteristics..........and another hit....LOL

jas638

Banned
Hey Jas638.......You are the classic example of someone who can dish it out but can't take it. You are also obviously so caught up in your bashing of people that you fail to recognize when someone is joking with you. I was joking, sorry you just didn't get it. Over the years, many like you have come and gone from this board.............time will tell, but I'm betting you will wind up joining them.
:blah blah blah :relax: its all good, i am not goin away sorry i didnt get your joke.i seemed as though you were being sarcastic, all i said was keep it positve. invited you to post a video of your ally. what kind of ally do you own? lets be friends.yes i will be here a long time not goin anywhere love my ally gs.

jas638

Banned
+1
For some some reason this seems to be the most important thing ;>

"this will be the highest hit thread in history!!! i think it might be already!!!!"
its not really the most important thing. what is ,our boats .runnin them settin em up . just tryin to have a nice pen pal forum make a few friends.few jealous haters here though! i am only tryin to take what i have and make it better for me,not better than anyone else.hopefully with the educated experience of a few ally owners. problem could be that there are guys on here that dont own allys? as far as the number of hits well sometimes people dont like what they hear when they read it but that dont mean there not interested in listening. thanks for the hits its all good.:smile

catfish123

XB2003, bought new in 1999, and now has a Merc 280 on it. I hope this ends any thoughts you may have that I'm a "jealous hater" who doesn't own an Allison. How long have you had yours?

Last edited:

whipper

hey todd, you interested in makin me a prop?
Hey jas no worries. Call him or PM him and he will make you a prop. :banghead Its more an edicate thing on hear I guess. Catfish means no harm but it seems at times though your boasting weather ya think it or not? I see it as your exitted as i am for you I cant emagine how fun it must be haveing the ability to try and dial in a GS over 100.. Not everyone gets a toy to play with like we Allison owners!! Catfish is trying to keep it real. Some personalies come across heavier than others. No biggy,just remember lots of these guys have been around Allisons and work on them exclusavly and very exensivly in racing and pleasure. Catfish is always there to help like 99% of the guys on hear. Helped me alot in figuring out what my pad was supost to look like after a stick chipped it up.
Slomo, {Gary} is as nice a guy youll ever meet!! Who just happens to own one of the most powerfull outboards on the planet at 470hp on a bassboat!!!!! Can do 100 with his eyes closed and no hands or feet.:LMAO:I cant stop typing once i start!! My posts are to LOOOONGGGG and i know that. Ill try and help because thats what helped me. Im wrong lots because I type Soooo Much and get mixed up in what Im saying at times. i generaly know better and never read what I wrote because its to dam long for me to read!!:beer: I have way to much time on my hand at times. But the guys on hear are great and will correct you when your wrong because theres a lot at stake. Lives...

Im off for a month and a half and heading to the lake for 3 weeks at a resort on the water friday with the gS. I cant wait to boat every day all day and night. i wont be breaking any records because I only have a 25 trophy and a 26 OFFshore to use. But ill have fun doing 80-90 when the wakeboard boats arnt around!! Gota go finish waxing the baby, change the gear oil and put the new 1000 cranking amp Battery in. Hopfully the engine will stay togeather for this trip or might be melting down some gold to afford to fix it!!

Last edited:

TBuck2003

Takes a lot to offend me...lol No offense taken at all, we are all here for the same reason, and same common interest. Jas I do not make the T-3X sport anymore due to poor o/h sales, but if you find a unmolested large diameter chopper 14.5" I would love to help you out. Good Luck, Be Fast, Be Safe

TBuck

jas638

Banned
Takes a lot to offend me...lol No offense taken at all, we are all here for the same reason, and same common interest. Jas I do not make the T-3X sport anymore due to poor o/h sales, but if you find a unmolested large diameter chopper 14.5" I would love to help you out. Good Luck, Be Fast, Be Safe

TBuck
thankyou todd, i will be in touch. as soon as i locate a clean specimen.nice video of your gs.