highest XB21 safe speed

David Shook

I think Whipper has the right idea, Put the most H. P. you can buy on the *** end , and bring it down to old Shook and give me a few days with the set up , and ya'll won't have to spend endless hours trying to figure it out on the computer we'll know for sure, going down the pond , I've never gone past about 1mph on this box LOL !!!!!!
If you are afraid to nail your **** you need to sell it !
And let me go ahead and apoligize to Catfish 321, I'm sure I have mispelled words and used improper grammer? Please don't get fuzzed up cat, just going on with you, Peace Out!
Shook

FlatOutAlly

?.... Put the most H. P. you can buy on the *** end , and bring it down to old Shook and give me a few days with the set up , and ya'll won't have to spend endless hours trying to figure it out on the computer we'll know for sure, going down the pond , I've never gone past about 1mph on this box LOL !!!!!!
If you are afraid to nail your **** you need to sell it !
That's some funny sh!t, Shook. And truer words have never been spoken. :beer:

biller31

If you're trying to reach a specific number, say 100 MPH, I think it's safer hit your goal with more HP. A 250 running for 100 will be running on the ragged edge, jack plate ran sky high, trim bumped to the max trying to get every last bit of boat out of the water. But put 300+ HP on the same boat and running for that same 100 MPH number, may do it with a little more conservative jackplate height and a little less trim because of the additional HP.
CORRECT!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! 100+ safely. That's the goal.
David I appreciate the offer but you know I ain't afraid to nail it.

ALLISONMAN

What's happening tony and roger!!! Yeah I will be back this year racing and kicking tail with a fresh mota and all my crap right !!!

David Shook

I hear you Biller, good to hear from you brother, I hope you Know me well enough to realize when I'm B. S. ing, I Know damn well you'll nail it , I'm not sure about everybody else though? Me and the A man gonna do some racing this year , and we hope to see you there, Hollar at me A and we'll try to figure out where and when we gonna be and maybe the Biller man can join us. Peace out boys and lock that butterfly in the WO position.
Shook

John S

Is there anyone on this board that has the prosport? If I was gonna buy any of the new ones, that would be it. Looks like an updated xb03.

Another funny thing is when I went to the Allison plant a few years ago, there was 3 wrecked up xb 21's in there. I asked what the heck that was all aboot, and the guy in the shop made me laugh when he said that one was crushed between two pilings, one skidded up on a river bank, and one stuffed. He said "These guys fill these things up to the brim with fishing gear, then run em like damned drag boats."

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

I've got one. That's why I got it over the 2+2..........it's like a growed up XB03. I love the center console, especially in the winter.

John S

I did not know that. For some reason, I thought you had the more conventional basser configuration. Well then, how does it compare to your xb03? I know it's kind of a whiskey to vodka comparison, but if you could put a 3 liter on your 03, how do you think they would compare?

GotMyAlly

The 21 with a 3.0L 250 runs very similar to a XB03 with a 225PM in terms of holeshot and top end. The biggest difference is the 3.0L with it's torque doesn't seem to lose as much when you start adding people and gear to the boat. The 21 is a longer & deeper boat........as good as an XB03 rides in rough water, the 21 will put it to shame. With equal HP, I think the 21 is 5-7 MPH slower than the XB03. Storage space is a no brainer........the 21 has cavernous storage.

xb03fs

I have not seen a prosport, but and getting a used 2+2 from Lee. After seeing Actje's I know I made the right decision.

Front deck of a traditional 18 footer. Center walkway better for childrem and with seat risers adequate legroom for adults even in the back seats...

Given that if you are going to carry 4 adults it apears due to the set location and the cupholder on the prosport there may actually be less legroom in the backseats on a 21 than a xb2003....but you can use a 3 liter and the front deck is imensly larger......

A xb21 prosport with center steer would be pretty badass I am assuming....still seat 4 with great wind protection and great legroom, BUT the center walkway and center storage for ski/tube equipment was the decision maker having a 19 month old at home...and my enjoyment of water sports...

Also we will find out exaclty how much slower they are....with identical power...

Granted I was able to run close to 90 light, given the amount of gear a more fair comparision will be compared to the loaded to fish speed as I will probably need everything I carry and then some to balance the boat..ie all the batteries and the troller and everything I carry port may still not be enough weight.......
Everything I would carry before was 86 GPS...since its not center steer and a fair amount of ballast will be needed..86 will be the number to jump down from load for load since its not center steer it would be impossible to compare it to the stripped speeds I ran normally of 87/88 and best of 90.3...........Predictions have been all over the map from people.

Bill at the facotry 2-3 mph slower
Lee 4 or 5 mph slower
Neal 5 to 7 mph slower

The question is it from the absolute top, which it cant be run that empty or from my loaded to fish speed???

another PS is I think a single ski could fit in each side rod locker as well.. I will be finding out as I may try and keep one on the passenger side as ballast and to keep some weight out of the nose.....

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

My XB03 with my 225X ran 96 and change. My first XB21 with the same 225X ran 88 and change. Now, those numbers were achieved running a 31" T3X on the the 03 and a 28" quad IV on the XB21. With the same prop, 28" quad IV, the 03 ran 93 and change. So, 5 mph difference is what I saw with the same motor and same prop. But the 03 being a little lighter could take advantage of a little bit thinner prop with less blade area and with that change, saw an 8 mph difference. Sure, I may have been able to pick up another MPH by running a prop like that on the 21, but what it lacked in holeshot and load carrying ability wouldn't make that a worthwhile tradeoff on the big boat.

biller31

I hear you Biller, good to hear from you brother, I hope you Know me well enough to realize when I'm B. S. ing, I Know damn well you'll nail it , I'm not sure about everybody else though? Me and the A man gonna do some racing this year , and we hope to see you there, Hollar at me A and we'll try to figure out where and when we gonna be and maybe the Biller man can join us. Peace out boys and lock that butterfly in the WO position.
Shook
David we're good. I look forward to hanging out with you this year and even Allisonman too. I'll see ya'll out there.