John Tger /ss2000 test??

jbf 2002

Actually,

When word of this (Funny *** insult) came across Balzy's desk he printed it on a t-shirt for "otter fest 2001" and one of the sponsors was SUPER which ment "Smugglers ultra performance engine rebuilds". I still have mine.

j.f.

Scott Gilmore

Actually,

When word of this (Funny *** insult) came across Balzy's desk he printed it on a t-shirt for "otter fest 2001" and one of the sponsors was SUPER which ment "Smugglers ultra performance engine rebuilds". I still have mine.

j.f.
So, you're saying I CAN'T call John R. for advise on my next Allison purchase ???? CRAP ................. Scott :beer:

props4u2

An ss drag and comp have the same width cockpit as the xl. The only diffrence is the dash itself, the xl comes std. as a side steer or can be ordered with the optional side slide drivers seat and offset steering wheel. The comp and drag were center steer only.
There has never been an SS-2000 built without a floor.
Derrell Miller's ss drag is in the Greenville, NC. area. The boat is in the hands of it's 4th owner since 1998.
Those were fun times Derrell !!!!!!!

Lee

patches

i was wondering if there was any way to tell who the original owner of a boat was but i just realized the original owner's name may be on the statement of origin from allison. on my 88 xr2002 i have a statement of origin like a title and it shows where it was bought new at jaco's and the name of the owner

Propmanjay has one in California
K.Kiser has one in Louisiana
theres one in North Carolina

doesn't get much more spread out than that:big grin

J

John Richied

I'm learning some stuff. I thought they were all 98 models but jay's HIN shows his to be a 99.
Using the HIN (Hull Identification Number) system the last two numbers being a 99 on Jay’s (Propmanjay) Super Sport, it still could have been built in 1998.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Gentlemen,
I appreciate all the fine reading but I'm trying to catch up. Do prop shafts have different heights? I thought all merc's propshafts had the same height. Is there an aftermarket one that I'm unaware of?

--set-up guru wannabee

(reference post #72, JR)

Scott Gilmore

Gentlemen,
I appreciate all the fine reading but I'm trying to catch up. Do prop shafts have different heights? I thought all merc's propshafts had the same height. Is there an aftermarket one that I'm unaware of?

--set-up guru wannabee

(reference post #72, JR)
Prop shaft height.........as in moving the motor up or down to adjust prop shaft height !!! Scott :big grin

Mr. Scary

An ss drag and comp have the same width cockpit as the xl. The only diffrence is the dash itself, the xl comes std. as a side steer or can be ordered with the optional side slide drivers seat and offset steering wheel. The comp and drag were center steer only.
There has never been an SS-2000 built without a floor.
Derrell Miller's ss drag is in the Greenville, NC. area. The boat is in the hands of it's 4th owner since 1998.
Those were fun times Derrell !!!!!!!

Lee
I haven't been on here lately...sorry. The floor is also different. In a comp/drag model, the only flat area for the front seats is in the center. Darris really makes it hard to put side steering in a comp/drag.

As for Titus gearcases, I only drove one and it handled great until I let off. The boat got wild and bounced from side to side pretty violently....I had a hard time controlling it so I took it off and gave it back to my buddy who let me try it....no thanks.

I never had a problem with a stock Sportmaster with the "Baker Mods" that we did on the SportMaster I ran on my drag boat. That's kind of become the standard quick fix for Sporties on Allisons.

ragab

My challenge was to John R., who by his post intimates (if not actually comes right out and says) that boat tests (and by direct inference MY boat tests) are bogus, and that if (his words) "you want the REAL info, talk to the owners of the test boats". As if somehow, the owner of the boat, no matter who it is, where the boat is now, what condition it's in, and how it's rigged, can now provide the REAL truth to disprove those awful BS test results!

It's America, and free speech gives him the right to publicly challenge my tests. Fair enough...but my right to free speech also gives me the opportunity to call BS, and call him out.

John R, you seem to have it on authority that my SS2000/115 test is bogus, and therefore the results are bogus, because "you know someone who knows someone who bought the EXACT BOAT that we tested, weighed it, and found it to be 701 lbs, vs. the 800 lbs. listed in the story.

There are an infinite number of "what ifs" that poke large holes in your iron-clad theory that since you know the boat and it's owner, and it weighed 701 in his experience, then we published bad information. Is it the same boat? Do you know for sure? How do you know? Assuming it is (a big assumption), how was it weighed when we tested it vs. when he weighed it? With what equipment? What scale? Was his scale checked for accuracy before he weighed it? By who? What was in the boat when he weighed it vs. when we tested and weighed it?

Normally I just dismiss the kind of crap that keyboard cowboys who endlessly spout off about what "they know to be true" write. You weren't there, you didn't witness the test, you really-in all reality-have no idea what you're spewing about. I feel very comfortable in the knowledge that I WAS there, I conducted the test, I recorded the numbers, and I wrote the story. The numbers are real. If you don't believe them, don't believe them. But if you're going to spew verbal vomit about what you think you know, be prepared to back it with facts that are easily provable.

I guess the good in all this is that 10 years later, these stories are still being discussed. I'm glad for that. The boat we tested did run 76 mph (and then 81+ mph with a taller prop and noseconed gearcase) with a stock Ficht 115 (checked, by the way). I drove it and I recorded the results.

John
I don't see a problem in these numbers/tests. I have a Allison Exel SS 2000 don't know the weight and in fact I don't mind about that. My boat is powered by a V-4 Looper 2.0L stock porting with EFI installed, bobs nosecone on earleir V-4 cross flow case 2:1, Hoss triton 14"x28" spinning at 6900 RPM 81+ MPH on LIVORSI GPS.
Currently busy modifying the engine.. extensive cylinder porting, intake mods tuner etc..
will post the results.. expect to beready somewere in February 2010..

Bruss

scrmn3

January 99 Trailer Boats
SS2000 w/115 Ficht
26 Laser
76.2 with just driver, 72 with two
No nose cone
Same boat with Bob's nosecone and 30 ET, 81 with one, 78 with two
830 lb boat, not a lightweight

I could be wrong but I don't believe the SS2000 w/115 F. weighed 830#. If the boat was
Pearl white/Royal blue it was a light layup.
Nice boat

Last edited:

boat doctor

DOES SOMEBODY REMEMBER WHEN WAS TIGER TESTET A REED CAGES & REEDS ?

BOAT DOCTOR:laughing