John Tger /ss2000 test??

propmanjay

Unless Mike Allison is a lier and anyone that knows him knows that he's not. The peral white and royal blue SSr that I now own was Nancy's demo boat that was in the artical. The HIN# is ALTSSA35G899-R. I tried to get the wieght from Allison but they had no record of it. I went to the Suisun Growers accociation to weigh it on a certifide scale. I am in no way saying that the artical was inaccurate. The weight in the artical may be off a bit. I have no doubt that it performed as stated. And yes the one in the artical is a center steer.

patches

I'm learning some stuff. I thought they were all 98 models but jay's HIN shows his to be a 99. I also thought they all came with cable/pulley steering but derrel says his had rideguide.

Derrel. Do you know where yours is now

smokin357

bad post. Could not figure out how to delete it. :furious :furious

Last edited:

smokin357

I'm learning some stuff. I thought they were all 98 models but jay's HIN shows his to be a 99. I also thought they all came with cable/pulley steering but derrel says his had rideguide.

Derrel. Do you know where yours is now
Last I heard Tommy Dunn who was the third owner of the boat sold it to someone in North Carolina. But I could be wrong in this. As to the type of steering, ride guide was what we ordered. Cable was also a choice.

Derrell

suicidealli

i cant complain...... i have had it 5 years..... best speed 110. i have ran the hell out of it. i have had a 2.4 175 - radical bp motor - 260 lightly worked -wicked 260, and a drag on it. only raced the drag, no top end runs. it is a solid fun boat. gets a lot of attention..

roy

Scott Gilmore

Scott, I am impressed with your memory. My boat came with a center steer, full floor and wieghed in at 640 lbs at the factory with a jack plate, ride guide steering and foot petal on board. We hung a 300 drag on it and had to add some shot bags for balance and to make the 1400 lb limit. But I just don't remember how much. Running the holding rope drags, the boat would ET in the 10 second class, with speeds between 105 to 110. I found it interesting that the year before we ran an XR 2001 river racer and these two boats would ET the same. The only difference was the XR turned in higher mph by 5 to 8 mph. Working with Lee Sanderson those years was a great ride.

Thanks for remembering. :beer: :beer: :at the bar

Derrell
Good to see you posting here Derrell..........you do know your Allisons !! Scott :big grin

jbf 2002

Wow,

I guess I missed out in the last few days.............Je-sus....Pinkie-john you sure got my mom-slapped this time.

The only one better than that was the time JWT called out Randy Pierson as being "SMUG" in response to a letter sent to Hot Boat Magazine by none other than Mike Sufka......I bet Suffy still has the copy that it is in. Lots of laughs for the Minnesota crew.

Gilmore is still a TOOL.....He is the SS 2000 expert as he has owned all 88 made at one time or another and some two or three times......(true story). And trailered several to events that the boats were never wet, let alone a prop on the shaft.

j.f.

Last edited:
J

John Richied

Wow,

I guess I missed out in the last few days.............Je-sus....Pinkie-john you sure got my mom-slapped this time.
Yep I got “my mom slapped” and it was with a mid 600 lb hull that was publicly advertised by John Tiger (he did write the article) to be an 830lb... hull "not a lightweight” In his words yet it’s a race hull by the HIN numbers ending in –R. Maybe he missed that?

YEAH they/YOU got me and the rest of the high-performance boaters (upper 10-15%) who do pay attention to the boat/hull weight, gearcase, prop, gear ratio, setback, set-up, prop shaft height, etc.

The boat IS NOT an 830# hull as was said to be… and since John Tiger wants to bring this out publicly and challenge ME.

John is challenging and NEEDS provide information to back up his claim… he did write the article and boat test so discloser shouldn’t be a problem. HELLO?

The two owners of the boat say it isn’t soooooo…. Read this thread from the start way before my post.
Mike and RA (Red Allison) raises their eyebrows to the hull weight and I simply agree.

Trust me when one or two things are found to be misrepresented, the rest is loudly in question.
And while some might not feel comfortably saying so, I will and have!

While I have enjoyed reading boat test throughout the years; IF it’s not real it means NOTHING to me… IF the boat weight is misrepresented by 150 lbs what else is misrepresented?

And John Tiger IF this is what I was doing for a living my information would be spot-on because that’s the way it should be (we deserve that) and that’s my job, YOU GET paid to do it right!

Call me out… hear what I have to say. Lay down the truth and show me and the rest the hull weight of this Super Sport you say weighs 830 lbs…

IF you signed up here on the Allisons Owners to call me out make it worth our/my time.

PLEASE don’t tell me you guessed that weight, the HIN number ended in –R “Race”

Talk to me GOOSE! :big grin

Last edited by a moderator:

FlatOutAlly

I only have two points:

1. Bass and Walleye Boats was media outlet, covered by the 1st amendment.

2. Near as I can tell, Pinkie has only owned one real boat and his opinions should be viewed in that regard.

:blah blah blah

J

John Richied

I only have two points:

1. Bass and Walleye Boats was media outlet, covered by the 1st amendment.

2. Near as I can tell, Pinkie has only owned one real boat and his opinions should be viewed in that regard.

:blah blah blah
Now there are some good points I never thought of

J

John Richied

John Tiger I’m just glad to see you admit the Super Sport hull was a light weight and “R” race hull… that works for me. :beer:

You have a kickarse job, and if I had your job I would need an editor to catch my typo and spelling mistakes. My bad on that part for sure. :smile

Last edited by a moderator:

suicidealli

i found out a lot of people dont want you to know how much there boat really weighs. when they are racing, and it is a super light one....JMO odba is all different, the back yard stuff run what you brung they wont say chit....lol i cant blame them my xr is the only 1000 lb one out there...LOL

roy

XSive

So I have a question for John Tiger....

When you wrote the article about the Titus modded sportmaster ....From the May 2005 Bass and Walleye Boat p77:
"For those with very fast Allisons running 100-MPH plus, the Custom Marine gearcase is the solution to stock sportmaster handling problems."

Had you actually tested , seen, gone for a ride in a boat with one, or did you just print what someone told you?

Last edited:

mikesufka

Wow,

The only one better than that was the time JWT called out Randy Pierson as being "SMUG" in response to a letter sent to Hot Boat Magazine by none other than Mike Sufka......I bet Suffy still has the copy that it is in. Lots of laughs for the Minnesota crew.

Gilmore is still a TOOL.....He is the SS 2000 expert as he has owned all 88 made at one time or another and some two or three times......(true story). And trailered several to events that the boats were never wet, let alone a prop on the shaft.

j.f.
They didn't call him the "smuggler" for nothing...........

MDS