Knob Cut 26p

TBuck2003

Just got a Chopper II in, great shape std shaft.Going to turn it into a "Knob Cut" which is patterned off of our T-3x Sport.First come,first gets.PM me or call 330-425-3629 to discuss.Thread on here by Whipper with all sorts of info and Pics of prop.Waited to get a nice Chopper to work with and I did.Later Gents,

TBuck

K.Kiser

I'd like to see a picture of this style cut, and a brief explanation to the performance characteristics of the style...

whipper

I'd like to see a picture of this style cut, and a brief explanation to the performance characteristics of the style...
I have one and so does Andy {pickwickangler} He has a 260 I think and I have a 225PM. The best way I know how to describe her is hole shot equal or better than a Yammi drag. Mid range unreal like you have a 4 blade on and legs to the top. It pulls all the time. What I really liked about it over the stock 30 chopper11 I send in was how there was only very little spin before she grabbed form a standing start. When she grabbed it picked up RPM very fast and was smooth and hard pulling. Andy might chime it say how the knob cut works on his 260. Pretty great if i recall. I had my 30 Chopper11 re pitched to 28.5 Knob to take advantage of the brucato ACU,s higher rev limiter. Hears a pic of the 30 chopper first then the knob cut. Drastically different all togeather.

K.Kiser

Thanks for the info Whipper... How close is the "knob cut" to an authentic TX3 and what is the average round-a-bout cost of this cut on a wheel of otherwise great condition prop... Also, how would You say it compares to an ET cut...? Thanks...

H20SKIIER30, I may get a scolding for this but I firmly believe that the original OMC SRX or better yet it's predecessor the OMC Silver Streak had alot to do with the Yamaha Drag in geometry and the OMC wheels were made long before the world ever saw a Yamaha drag... I've got or had all 3, I can put the silver streak beside the Yamaha drag and they look like long lost Brothers in shape... Now the Yamaha drag had a very preferrable alloy and blade flexibility that does a whole lot for holeshot that the OMC props never had, but the shapes are very related in My opinion... If You remember 20-25 years ago, Yamaha had alot of "omc like" chacteristics with there engines... Sorry for the off topic blabbering, I'm still interested in the "knob cut"... :)

Last edited:

pickwickangler

The knob cut doesn't resemble a srx at all. It looks like a yamaha cut et, if you can make sense of that. I have not ran a true et with this motor but I bet this prop will out holeshot it and put a boat length or two through the mid range on it. The ET may put up a bigger number on top end, or atleast against my prop cause I wanted Todd to work mine for the holeshot and midrange (where you win races in a bass boat :big grin). It also carries weight suprising well for such a small over hub prop. Very easy prop to drive. I'm tickled with mine.

patches

if kevin will bring that silverstreak over to my house i'll take a pic of it and post. interesting info on the "knob".

Jimxb02

Back in the mid 80's I had a Hydrostream Vector with an Evinrude and the original Silver Streak prop ----- very strong mid range and would really run on the top end.

Could not keep up with the Allison I have now but back in the day I surprised a lot of jet boats and flat bottoms with 454 chev engines.

If you run across an SRX for a really good price ---- it would be worth getting to keep as a spare.

Jim

pickwickangler

John,
If I am ever around one of those 2 props and have a chance to run em, I will toss out some tide bottles and clock both props :big grin A et on a emptied out 02 very well may launch out of the hole as good or better but the thing about my prop is it will do it loaded down on a fishin boat. Most other props want to spin up to much before they launch when they have some weight to em and you loose several boat lengths while the nose is breaking over. I will try to get some video in 2 weeks of the holeshot, just remember this is a fishin boat loaded with stereo, speakers, tackle, rods, troller, lectronics ect

TBuck2003

John,
Without sounding to Biased,ask anyone who either drove my boat or took a ride in it how it accelerated.I will let them speak openly about their answer good or bad.The original blade style John we have had since 1982 on our stern drive props the Intimidator series.We simply took a proven blade style and incorporated it to the outboard props.The T-3x sport was developed on my G.S. so I had quite an advantage to work with given our business and my love for Allys.I would say it is a cross between a yammi and an E.T.if you had to put a gun to my head.Since the sport is out of production the closest I can get is to use the blade templet on the big eared Chopper and get the Knob Cut.May have to start giving royalties to Andy (Pickwick Angler) for the naming rights.C ya,

TBuck

John S

Todd, do you thin them down any? I liked my comp, but sold it thinking that it wouldnt carry to well with my new 03 scow?? Maybe a mistake. Maybe you could send me a demo, and Ill be your MN dealer.lol

chad202

I drove Todd's GS and with me and him in the boat, it pulled like a freight drain. Very, Very quick prop indeed. I think it was a 26 and it pulled harder than a 26 ET on my boat.