Lake Fork Fishing Trip (Head Count)

pickwickangler

For those interested, last year we started what looks like will be a annual event. A few A-Owners got together at lake fork for some early spring time fishing to kick off the tourny season. We all stayed at the same motel with the boat ramp,restraunt, and bait shop all within walkng distance from your room. A really nice get away and a break from winter. We had a ball last year and several caught some really nice fish. Pretty much ate breakfast together, launched together, came back in and ate supper and had a few to many :beer: before launch the next morning. The dates (unless we need to change) are going to be march 25 (wed)through march 29 (sunday). Here is the place we will be staying http://www.lakeforkmarina.com/
Any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Texan

Re: A-Owners Lake Fork Fishing Rally 09

I'm in. Great time last spring. Looking forward to it. I've already got it in my calendar. Let me know what I can do on the ground since I'm nearby. I'll be happy to do what I can from here.

BP

flatout

I'm in as long as I can bring the wife oohhh she hates being called "the wife". How far is it from Ottawa?

RedAllison

I ken sum upda Fork trip like this right here!!!

:gone fishing

:beer:

I think dat bout covers it!!!
RA

Texan

I'll see about bringing the cook trailer again, Jim. I think we figured out how to have a steak last March....

Attachments

Texan

Just three more months!!! I'm planning on having a LARGE time! Pre-fishing begins in a few weeks! Brang your Tennesse buttz on!!!

RedAllison

Just three more months!!! I'm planning on having a LARGE time! Pre-fishing begins in a few weeks! Brang your Tennesse buttz on!!!
:blah blah blah :same ole song :LMAO:

Me and Suede B Silk gonna BRANG IT ol man so you best be tunin up to SANG IT!!! :razz
RA

Texan

You wadn't calling me ol man last year after Steve and I put the smack on you boyz. I'll bet that was a long ride home dat Sunday inda rain.

Texan

I've been thinking....I know that may come a surprise to some here, but I've been thinking that we should pool the entry fee's and make sure everyone has a tape to get measurements of the largest fish, then we can take it to the guy on the road coming into LFM and get him to make a fiberglass replica for the trophy. I'll get down there here in another week or so and see what that cost to get done.

Any thoughts?

RedAllison

We did the $100 entry fee lastyear and of course all the proceeds went too Mark's widow Michelle. We've discussed no money for 09, but I'm for whatever folks wanna do. Maybe rather than a "winner take all" pot we can have an optional "big fish pot"? If so, everyone that wants to can throw in $50 or an amount decided on by the group once were all down there? And the biggest fish of the tournament takes the loot.

Lake Fork Taxidermy wrote the book on replica bass, they'll FOR SURE get the job if I catch anything over 10#s!!! :wink I'm not sure but last I checked most of the replica's are charged "by the inch" and the total usually tallied in the $400ish range. IMHO the replicas are MUCH better than a skin mount, first because obviously the fish can be measured, photo'd and released. But also the hand painted replica mounts are much sharper in appearance and stay that way for eternity. Skin mounts fade out, the fins peel up (or even break off) and within 15-20 years they are ready for the garbage or some ol back wall in a smokey bar where they are seldom seen!

So Bill you wanna go ahead and give me your $50 now??? :gone fishing

:razz:LMAO:
RA

Texan

I've got five rooms reserved. Me and my partner will be in one. Suede and Red will be in another. I'm assuming that Neal and Andy will be in the third. Who all else is planning on coming? BobAnt and his partner? Speak up men. We're just a few short months away. If we end up with more people than we have rooms for, there is another marina just up and down the road.

Last edited:

pickwickangler

Re: A-Owners Lake Fork Fishing Trip (Head Count)

1. Andy
2. Red
3. Bill (Texan)
4. Jeff (Mercboy175)
5. Neal
6. Texans Partner???

GotMyAlly

I've got five rooms reserved. Me and my partner will be in one. Suede and Red will be in another. I'm assuming that Neal and Andy will be in the third. Who all else is planning on coming? BobAnt and his partner? Speak up men. We're just a few short months away. If we end up with more people than we have rooms for, there is another marina just up and down the road.
Andy and I want one of those rooms. How much are they? Do we need to get you a downpayment?

Bob Ant

Sorry to say I am not going to be able to make this one. Good Luck to all that go.

PS- Watch the stumps, they're expensive.

Bob A.

Blue Gray in PA

Dang - I hate to see that Bob's not going - I was hoping to hitch a ride in his boat since it's too far for me to tow mine. His advice is sound though - I know he spent a good bit fixing things when he got home last year...