Lastest news on the new Grand Sport

Jr in Jax

My Grandsport won't fit inside my garage, it will barely fit in the cantilevered car-port that I built for it, let alone add another 3-4 feet to it.

catfish123

Yep.....it's actually only 18 feet long but it carries 23 foot decals on the side.............LOL

allisonriverrat

no, but way darris has it designed,( and these are his words) the motor is tucked so it takes nomore room than a 20 with motor.wide grandsport design. will jump on pad at14 mph. without motor tucked. i am telling yall , he has done all kinds crazy test. lol even fuel too.

xb03fs

He needs to get the 23 footers out so I can get a deal on 21 in a few years

msethsmile

Funny Guy
I heard the new 23 footer will taken up less room than a 15 footer. How do they get those things to stand upright? How tall will my garage have to be? Nothing a sawsall won't solve.

I suspect the open bow 23 will go the way of the open bow GS.

Darth VMAX

I talked to Todd and Darris about an open bow option they both looked at each other and "winced". He didn't seem to react to positivley about it but who really knows...

RedAllison

When Darris showed us the "23 plug" a few years ago at the rally (actually it was still a 24' then) he DID mention a possible open bow. Specifically we discussed a "cuddy bow" (or whatever they call it) where you could crawl thru "under" the consoles that could have storage and various "nooks" under there and then on into a bow seating area. I'd be surprised if the hull was deep enough for that, but leave it to the grandmaster to pull it off in a way NOBODY has ever thought of or engineered before! Just an idea taken from some of the 25-30ft west coast boats. He also asked me what I thought of a bassboat deck being put on that hull. I told him, ":cuss YES" folks would buy it. For those of us that fish mainly open and busy bodies of water it would be AWESOME!

Regardless what it is, sounds like it's gettin fairly close to a finished product!!! :at the bar
RA

DOUBLE J

Well I talked to Bill for a few minutes today. Good news-he stated that the hull is about finish and Darris should be starting to work on the top soon. Bad news is when I asked him about how long before production and he said...."oh hell it's probably a couple years off"!! That didn't make my day so looks like a few more years with my 2400 Checkmate pulsare. Oh well.