Lastest news on the new Grand Sport

whipper

I can only imagine what the price tag is going to be on the 23 footer. I've already been priced out of a new 21 footer.......LOL......just can't justify that kind of money in a boat. I guess it's a good thing I love my XB2003.
Not sure on when if theres a basser in the 23 but the GS in the 23 wont be much more than the current 20fters price I was told. Darris said you still have to be able to sell them in these markets and times. Its better to sell a few more at a lower price then hang on to them waiting for a higher price. I'm sure after asking him the price is going to be far and equatable for buyers as well as Allison. Its a win win. The options is what will add up as with any boat. The Big Bass Allison's are decked out Rolls Royce's compared to an XB03 thats a Ferrari fishing craft. The GS,s are fairly bare bones as far as accommodations. Even the GSE is just one more gel color usually just black wing tips,padded rear hatch, tandem trailer and ski pylon. In 23 ft for a sport boat thats all i would need again. The length is more just in the transom and a little more beam. The drivability is the revolutionary aspect for this new hull with hands free driving at 90mph in a 23fter with a 225PM!!! Better sea tending comes with the LOA. Thats the very cool part. Another first for Allison in size and efficiency that will be hard for any other 23ft boat to match.I personaly cant think of any boat of any kind 23 feet in length that can go 90mph with a 225.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

When I was there in July I specifically asked about the cockpit dimensions and was a little disappointed to learn that it is not much bigger than the current XS2003. You would think with the bigger width and 3 more feet that would have equated to a much roomier seating area.

DOUBLE J

Does anybody hear of a estimated completion date of this model? Heck I've been waiting 2 years so far.

whipper

When I was there in July I specifically asked about the cockpit dimensions and was a little disappointed to learn that it is not much bigger than the current XS2003. You would think with the bigger width and 3 more feet that would have equated to a much roomier seating area.
Yes but the GS is pretty roomy already and even a little bit seems like a lot in a boat I think? The beam will equate into a wider cockpit and even just a little more length wise will feel like a lot ill bet. The freeboard is a little more also so all in all should feel pretty roomy compared to other 23ft sportboats. The motor well is deeper so the hull extends back beside the motor a little more is were most of the length comes from. Ziemers price seems about right with a 300XS. around the 38-40 hull and trailer mark. Pretty decent if its around there considering what a new anyboat costs that will do 90-100+. Whats a new 24 Skater 190-200+ G,s!! New Tuff21 is over 70 with power but they dont sell as many at those prices. If shes around the 50-60 mark rigged on a tandem Darris will sell lots of them. For most Allison owners if ya sold your current setup for 15-20 you would need the differance. So would be taking the plung like buying a new boat from scratch again with another 40. Darris told me hopfully by next season she will be ready for taking orders. But ya never know I would for sure expect her before 2012. Hes on the final stage of development and ready for a full production prototype right soon.

Darth VMAX

Yes but the GS is pretty roomy already and even a little bit seems like a lot in a boat I think? The beam will equate into a wider cockpit and even just a little more length wise will feel like a lot ill bet. The freeboard is a little more also so all in all should feel pretty roomy compared to other 23ft sportboats. The motor well is deeper so the hull extends back beside the motor a little more is were most of the length comes from. Ziemers price seems about right with a 300XS. around the 38-40 hull and trailer mark. Pretty decent if its around there considering what a new anyboat costs that will do 90-100+. Whats a new 24 Skater 190-200+ G,s!! New Tuff21 is over 70 with power but they dont sell as many at those prices. If shes around the 50-60 mark rigged on a tandem Darris will sell lots of them. For most Allison owners if ya sold your current setup for 15-20 you would need the differance. So would be taking the plung like buying a new boat from scratch again with another 40. Darris told me hopfully by next season she will be ready for taking orders. But ya never know I would for sure expect her before 2012. Hes on the final stage of development and ready for a full production prototype right soon.
Well, the "roomy" aspect is subjective. IMO its pretty good for a 20' closed bow sport boat. But I think most will think its pretty cramped for a 23' boat. But again, 23' used to be considered a BIG boat. Today its pretty average.

allisonriverrat

yes he is planning on an open bow out of this design. what is real neat is on the closed bow it will have a non skid surface down center so u can walk on it to get in an out also.

whipper

yes he is planning on an open bow out of this design. what is real neat is on the closed bow it will have a non skid surface down center so u can walk on it to get in an out also.
That is awasome!! I was on my GSE deck once and never again. It cree ked and moned like a like an old hooker. You know by Hooker I was refering to "A" boats right?:big grin Now i always have to get wet to get in and out. Very cold in the waters up hear!! A small two seat open bow close to the wind screen would be nice also. That will make the 23 alot more passanger friendly. With a 300XS on the back and a 28P prop there shouldnt be a problem with the passangers up there and getting the bow up for reasonable runing. Storage unter the seats up there and good to go. I cant wait to see more recent pics of the boat. Got any from the side view with out revealing any top secret bottom or stern patends? Sure would be nice to have a tast!!

mikesufka

Not to be a "downer", but if this new rig is ~ $70,000, I can't imagine they will sell. Don't get me wrong, I love Allisons. I've owned two different Grandsports. I've driven different XB2002's, SS2000's, an XR2002, etc... On my "to do list" is a XB2002 and a SS2000. But $70,000?

$70,000 puts you in used 30 foot Motion/Spectre territory with twin 300 Mercs. How about a used Fountain? A used Formula? A used Talon 22 with Twins? A used 28 Skater with twins or triples? Elimininator? The list goes on and on....

Not sure what I'm trying to say, but $70,000 seems like a ton of money. Especially with used and mint Grandsports going for $15,000-$20,000. And ESPECIALLY if the cockpit is going to be the same size.

Mike

Last edited:

ziemer

I hear ya, but hell the current GS isn't too far away from that, especially when you figure $65k-$70k is retail... I drove one back at River Ranch that came out of Reynolds and the previous owner paid $52k out the door.

Not saying I would pay that, but I'm sure some will... I couldn't imagine buying any new boat right now, because in this market people are giving chit away. A few years ago you couldn't touch a nice 28' Skater for less than $100k, and now guys are letting them go in the $50's... :gasp

Not to be a "downer", but if this new rig is ~ $70,000, I can't imagine they will sell. Don't get me wrong, I love Allisons. I've owned two different Grandsports. I've driven different XB2002's, SS2000's, an XR2002, etc... On my "to do list" is a XB2002 and a SS2000. But $70,000?

$70,000 puts you in used 30 foot Motion/Spectre category with twin 300 Mercs. How about a used Fountain? A used Formula? A used Talon 22 with Twins? A used 28 Skater with twins or triples? The list goes on and on....

Not sure what I'm trying to say, but $70,000 seems like a ton. Especially with used and mint Grandsports going for $15,000-$20,000. And ESPECIALLY if the cockpit is going to be the same size.

Mike

mikesufka

I hear ya, but hell the current GS isn't too far away from that, especially when you figure $65k-$70k is retail... I drove one back at River Ranch that came out of Reynolds and the previous owner paid $52k out the door.

Not saying I would pay that, but I'm sure some will... I couldn't imagine buying any new boat right now, because in this market people are giving chit away. A few years ago you couldn't touch a nice 28' Skater for less than $100k, and now guys are letting them go in the $50's... :gasp
Fantastic point. With guys giving away used boats, why buy new? And ~ $70,000 will get you an incredible used boat.

Another fun exercise......

one brand new 23 foot "Grandsport" with 300XS

or

one XS2003 + one XB2002 + one SS2000 (or XR2002). You'd still have $10,000 left over for gas and insurance and a blown motor.

So which way do you go? I know what I'd choose.

Mike

Last edited:

procomp

Fantastic point. With guys giving away used boats, why buy new? And ~ $70,000 will get you an incredible used boat.

Another fun exercise......

one brand new 23 foot "Grandsport" with 300XS

or

one XS2003 + one XB2002 + one SS2000 (or XR2002). You'd still have $10,000 left over for gas and insurance and a blown motor.

Mike
Mike I heard you don't like composite boats anymore and were looking at all wood ones :gasp

mikesufka

Mike I heard you don't like composite boats anymore and were looking at all wood ones :gasp
Who'd you hear that from? Ferrell? Actually, closed the deal last night. Should be here in two weeks.

MDS

john4utvols

Tony quit teasing everyone you know and I know this boat is a figment of everybody's imagination, Darris is giving us all something to talk about, this boat has been in building stage for what 4-5 yrs now. It probably still has my old SS top on it.............................................

whipper

My guess is with a 300XS 50-55 tops. Theres no live wells or any of that stuff just a hull and some seating. A 2011 21 Sutphen with a new 200XS is 41,000. Cant see a 23ft GS being to much more than that. Also the Tuff is around there also.

Last edited:

catfish123

Hard to believe livewells and some additional "stuff" would be an additional $15000 to $20000. All the price yacking is merely speculation and it would be very hard for me to believe that the boat would be sold for less than the current 21 footers. Let's face it guys, overall, there have been very few new 21 foot boats sold by Allison and there is a very good reason for that and it surely isn't the build quality that has been the issue. In this economy at least, I believe people are more carefully evaluating puchases of "luxury" items such as boats and when exploring all options, the boats we all love so much, me included, have been placed at a price point that has clearly resulted in substantially reduced sales.

22R

Hard to believe livewells and some additional "stuff" would be an additional $15000 to $20000. All the price yacking is merely speculation and it would be very hard for me to believe that the boat would be sold for less than the current 21 footers. Let's face it guys, overall, there have been very few new 21 foot boats sold by Allison and there is a very good reason for that and it surely isn't the build quality that has been the issue. In this economy at least, I believe people are more carefully evaluating puchases of "luxury" items such as boats and when exploring all options, the boats we all love so much, me included, have been placed at a price point that has clearly resulted in substantially reduced sales.
Well said !!

22R