Lastest news on the new Grand Sport

Darth VMAX

Sorry bro...I was just kidding. The only BIG block I ever see going on it is a 4.2L VMAX SHO

Bobalouie

Hows this grab ya Whipper? A GE T-58 1325 hp turbine coupled with an Arneson surface drive. The T-58 is a little heavier than ya want at 350 lbs, but it more than makes up for that extra weight with the additional HP. The drive weighs in at about 285 lbs, so the combined weight of 635lbs puts you at less than what a Verado 350 SCI weighs in at.

Turbine: http://www.arneson-industries.com/products/turbine/T5[1].jpg

Drive: http://www.arneson-industries.com/page.php?type=products&id=asd8

Some vids with a 21 or 23 footer with a turbine set up: http://www.gas-turbines.com/squirt_2/index.html

Last edited:

whipper

Though I like Turbine boats for there speed and power to wieght i dont like how loud they are. There was a 160+mph one up hear a few years back. Took a while to accelerate but man once he got gong. Also very slow to slow down. :gasp Whould be fun though.:big grin I think the 23ft GS with a 15inch 300XS Simon motor would more fun.:big grin

allisonriverrat

i talked with darris for about an hour and a half this morning about the new boat! all i can say is WOW! when this boat comes out he will set a new allison standard again. all the test are going great. i think darris is even excited,lol. it sounds awesome, and with VERY impressive numbers so far. pretty neet that a twenty three footer will not take up no more garage space than a 20 footer.

whipper

i talked with darris for about an hour and a half this morning about the new boat! all i can say is WOW! when this boat comes out he will set a new allison standard again. all the test are going great. i think darris is even excited,lol. it sounds awesome, and with VERY impressive numbers so far. pretty neet that a twenty three footer will not take up no more garage space than a 20 footer.
Ya know shes coming along when Darris talks so excitedly about her.
He was very informative with me also. I just need to be cash ready to order one. Im planning on this being the last boat I ever buy.:big grin Famous last words I know. 300XS/300SHO? something like that. Even though the impressive 90mph was comming from a stock 225PM with a 27 trophy on her!!! Thats not to much info others already no that.:big grin Cant wait to see the finished product hopfully in 2011?

Hydrilla Gear

is this hull going to used in a bassboat platform as well? Does anyone know? I would love a 23' fishing boat

allisonriverrat

well daris told me that this new design would (hull) would possible produce 4 to 5 other boats. and he did mention looking at one point looking at his bass boats, but that was after the first couple. daris is very excited about this hull. u can hear it in his voice.

Last edited:

biller31

Yes. I know the answer to that question. He told me at Jasper that he could put any top cap you want on it! Yes a 23 foot Allison bass boat is in my future!!! Hallelujah!

whipper

23ft will sure help with all the wakes these days by the slow boats with fat sacks!! Im sure looking forward to owning one, one day soon. :beer:

catfish123

I can only imagine what the price tag is going to be on the 23 footer. I've already been priced out of a new 21 footer.......LOL......just can't justify that kind of money in a boat. I guess it's a good thing I love my XB2003.