New allison model

DOUBLE J

I've been a Allison owner for about 15 years. I've had 2 of them made for me(a 91 xr2002ski model and a 2000 SS2000). I've loved them both but i'm really interested in the 23-24 ft. boat that Darris is working on. Does anyone have any scoop(when available and $'s) or pics about it. As we get older a 20 ft boat gets smaller!

whipper

23 footer

Double J that was just a rumour so far. It was stemed from basic trends in the boating industry and the heavier 3L motors. Ya never know though. 21 is still the longest so far. James

DOUBLE J

No thats not the case. I was given a timetable of somewhere tween Feb. and June of 07. I was hoping somebody would have more info. Thanks anyhow.

RedAllison

I wouldn't call it a "rumor or generalization" because all of us a few years ago at the rally heard Darris himself SAY that he was working on a 23'-24' GS. But as is the case with everything else he works on, he doesn't know when it'll be finished so no one else has no INKLING of when it possibly will even be available for a sneak peak. With respect to R&D I aint sure weeks, months or even one or two years is in his vocabulary. But on the positive side, once he releases them they are typically as close to 100% perfected as can be!

Based on the various 03 and 21 hulls experience I would say that Darris typically takes 6-8 years to perfect a hull. So we might have another 3-5 years to wait unless he decides to expedite it???
RA

whipper

Really, that it interesting. Good info DoubleJ. Did Darris or someone at the factory confirm that ? I was under the impression that it was just a rumor, I like it! Do ya know what model it might be. The so called rumor was a sport boat like a bigger Grand Sport? James P.S edit sorry Red I was typing as you were posting.

DOUBLE J

I would hate to say but it was from a reliable source. I was hopeing that someone had some additional scoop.Actually it supposed to be a mix of the SS and the Grand Sport. I want one and I want it in your(same color scheme as my SS) color.

whipper

23 ft

Its nice to see that Allison will be expanding there product range. With the comeditive nature of the Boating industry and with boats getting bigger and better Its good to know that Allison reconizes the trends to ensure its future as the ultra high performance leader. I think if this new modle is real fast with big power {no du} we may see the Activater,Intiminator,Progression,boys comming over to Allisons so there not getting there -ss kicked in the 3 footers buy this new model. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This will open the door to a very large offshore market in that size range. I better start saving my loonies :mrgreen: because a 23-4 footer with a new 300 or a 275 Verodo will be 50-70 for sure. what about twin 200,s hmmm :)

GotMyAlly

Re: 23 ft

whipper said:
Its nice to see that Allison will be expanding there product range. With the comeditive nature of the Boating industry and with boats getting bigger and better Its good to know that Allison reconizes the trends to ensure its future as the ultra high performance leader. I think if this new modle is real fast with big power {no du} we may see the Activater,Intiminator,Progression,boys comming over to Allisons so there not getting there -ss kicked in the 3 footers buy this new model. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This will open the door to a very large offshore market in that size range. I better start saving my loonies :mrgreen: because a 23-4 footer with a new 300 or a 275 Verodo will be 50-70 for sure. what about twin 200,s hmmm :)
I doubt twin 200s would be faster than a single 300. Yeah, it would have more HP but a lot more drag with two LUs. I don't foresee Darris ever building a boat to accomodate 2 motors out back. He likes the 'efficient' nature of his hulls too much, and feeding 2 gas hogs is definitely not efficient.

I imagine a 23-24' boat w/ 300 ponies would be at the very top of that 50-70 range if not more. A XB21/300 would put you about smack dab in the middle of that price range already.

whipper

I was talken used :mrgreen: Ya I figured as much on twins. I think the new 350hp Mercs will be out soon so will have to see buy that time whats available. I was reading an artical buy the chief Mercury engineer in powerboating and he said they already have made the verado to 400hp but the market isnt there yet but its no problem to make 400. Well if thats the case I can hardly wait the market will be there sooner or latter. The GS is generaly less expensive than the bass boats because of its simpler layout. 70-80 is probably right in a 23 footer though Ill have to wait a few more years for a preowned one. :( Very cool regardless I cant wait see how she turns out! James

cdaallison

I hope Allison is making a bigger Grandsport. Lately I have been looking at Progressions, Superboats and Trick boats(21 Skater copy). These are nice boats but I want a bigger Grandsport that is meant to run in the rougher stuff. I want a 23 or 24 Allison that will run low to mid 90s with a 300xs and handle big lake chop and cabin cruiser waves. I know they can do it. I will be trading my Grandsport when they do. Mike

Podge

It is hard to put a timetable or project a finish date for a new boat. It
is a process that takes many hours of hard work and testing. There
will be a new 24 foot Allison available in the future and it will be the
the best built , best handling and most efficient 24 foot boat ever made.
I am excited and really can't wait to see how the new boat turns out.
If I find out any specific info I will pass it on.

K

Kevin from FL

As stated, it is coming. The new boat has already been water tested with some very impressive speed with a single engine and getting a supplier for all the needed parts, dash panels and such isn't as easy as a mass builder spitting out hundreds of boats a month. It ain't no seven years away though, it's getting close so just be patient.

!-!

RedAllison

400 Verado?????????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hmmmmm I could see a 400 ona 21 BasSport!!! !-! $);
RA

ps
400 hp bassboat. That just kinda rooooools off the tongue REALLY smooth don't it? ;)

DOUBLE J

I told you guys it's going to be out fairly soon. The #'s I'm hearing is around the $60-$70 range with 300x on it. Hopefully closer to the low $60 range. As we know it less expensive to build a runabout than a bass boat(less amenities).

Darth VMAX

A 24' boat running mid 90 mph with 300 hp??? That sounds a bit high or should I say optimistic to me ()()()

But we ARE talking an Allison $); Maybe when I am down there over Thanksgiving they will let me "sneak a peak"

!-!

DOUBLE J

Why's that? You got SS's w 280's running 120+ and Gran Sports running 105+ w 280"s. So i would think mid 90's w a good set up running light is feasible.

whipper

3 feet in the bow and a couple inches wider doesnt wiegh very much I would think also. If my 20.3 Grand Sport Elite can do 93 with a bone stock 96 225 promax, hull at 925lbs. A 24 ft GSE with a 300X with a hull at 1100lbs can see 90,s easy. Heck a heavy Progression can almost se 90 and there very heavy with out a pad. Once your on the pad your on the pad. She wouldnt have the acceleration of the 20 footer ofcourse but those stinken Wake Board boats and the sunami they create would be more managable to cross. I would like to see at a cost of 50 lbs or so a vee birth. Then I never half to come in just sleep in the GS! ;) Im sure with the right set back you could leverage the extra wieght very well? If theres enough free board a plasma TV. :roll: At this rate Ill be down to 70mph in no time if I could get her to plain :p James

A

allyfreek

the new boat

the 21' Ally bassboat came out in 2002 I believe. The 24' Grandsport is the next new generation of sport boats and since Allison basically has 3 different categories of boats: bassboats, sport boats and race boats, the drag boat and river racer are next to be stretched out to 24' or redesigned maybe with a canopy top I hope.