New allison model

whipper

I cant see another drag raceing model any longer than they are. Because they are super cometitive as is. I can however see the Bass Boats a couple of feet longer that would help in bigger waters. if the GS is 24 not 23 it could compete in ocean racing. Im not sure as to what length requierment there is but the b24 I know races offshore. That could be in the form of a racing model but not a drag racer. We will see. James

Chad Phillips

I have seen the plug for the new boat ran on the lake, and from what I seen, it should be a runner. Looked to have a 225 on the tail, was scooting good for that HP IMO. I honestly can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

whipper

wow thats darn efficient with a 225! See must have a long gradual lip that allows the hull to slide back to the transom or she has one heck of a long bow above the waterline. ;) Sounds very intriguing none the less. Were ya out in her?

Darth VMAX

I was going to post this myself and eat a little crow...LOL I was at Allison last week and this is what they reported to me as well. Its going to be a runner for sure. Being that it weighs 3000 lbs I would want a big block as opposed to a 280.

They did have a SS2000 with a 90 hp Honda 4 stroke running 62 while I was there :shock:

ally2dextreme

new boat

ill be checking out next friday ill report what i can get away with sorry no pix

DOUBLE J

Called the factory yesterday. Talked awhile with I believe was Todd(not sure who answered the phone). He was pretty open abut the testing of the new model. Stated it could actually be a 25'. Basically what they have so far is a bottom plug which they are testing. The top is a SS which they glass and taped on to test the plug.He stated that they are real pleased with the bottom and have the top aerodynamics figured out. It could be as soon as spring 07 or as late as early 08. This is all depending if they use the current SS or GS dash. He also stated that the front buckets will be bigger and possibly offer 2 styles of them. Said will have the headlights like the bass boat.Had no idea what price is gonna be. On the weight issue said that the plug is real heavy. That the production model will be quite a bit lighter(i'm guessing around 1500# hull weight). Asked if they are taking orders and staed no cause boat not ready yet. Stated that they have had a lot of interest from people in the New York,California and Florida areas. I'm excited as I've been wanting something to run in the Gulf and also up the rivers. He also stated that the have ran it in 3' seas and it handled it great.

JR

At 25', I might need to do some concrete work on my patio before too long. I still don't want to be the Guinea Pig though.
JR

K.Kiser

Guinea Pig, nahh... There is no builder that is more likely to give you the scrutinized and polished result... Darris is the Guinea pig, you'd be the proud new owner of a boat that is completely capable of doing everything that a 23'-25' hull can do and then some... Each individual model Allison goes through very little if any changes after it is released to the public until the end of the production years of that particular hull while setting records the whole way, that speaks volumes of the testing that was done before it is handed to all of us Allisonites.. I'll gaurantee that all the other 22'-26' boat builders are crapping loose stool in their pants right about now... They know that Darris has moved into their neighborhood, and they are utterly defenseless against what is about to happen...

jimmyb

i can only picture the bass boat he could make with 25'...

actually if i fished big water (like erie) more often, then i would seriously consider buying a center console flats boat, in the 24' range. They have a full front deck, can maneuver with a bow mount troller, and most importantly, 3' more length to help you get thru big waves

SSTOM

I was at Allison yesterday and Darris and Todd pulled up from testing with the new boat. All I can say is WOW that thing is awsome w/ 2 people a stock 225 3.0 slightly modded sportmaster and a 26 trophy it was on the limiter at 88.1 gps. It's going to be a beauty when they are done can't wait. Tom

Darth VMAX

"I'll gaurantee that all the other 22'-26' boat builders are crapping loose stool in their pants right about now... They know that Darris has moved into their neighborhood, and they are utterly defenseless against what is about to happen..."

KKiser....I think you are right on the money!

Hehehehe......