Prop Testing Rules and Classes

J

John Richied

Gary, if you can stay with Jay or me, I will be SURPRISED and not because it’s an OMC powered machine… but an XB-2003 running even close with a Super Sport or XB-2002 in a drag race is not common.

Trust me... I don’t think even Lou would put a built 300 Merc Drag on his XB-2003, line up against Jay or me and think he has it won with 400 plus horsepower… :smile

It will be good to see everyone again… and our new additions FOR SURE! :razz

badbait

The course this year is going to be 800 to 900'. I want to keep the speeds down and the way we time is that the timer puts you on the clock as soon as he or she sees your bow lift. Since they are at the end gate they needs to be able to see your boat lift. I'm wondering if we can get all classes in one day? What do you guys think? Then do the pictures the next day. It would be easier to only have to setup once.

aaronmt

Not sure what prop I should be looking at for this,dont want to spend much being its only one weekend.As of now I have the 6850 rev-limiter and a fatshaft so my selection isnt that good for used,but there is some I suppose. Any ideas guys? Aaron

badbait

Aaron, most of the guy's in the past have just run what ever prop they usually run every day in class 1. Some guys have more than 1 prop and run the one with the best holeshot. The perfect prop will put you very close to the limiter in 900'. The only problem with that is it isn't good for anything else and will end up sitting on the self collecting dust. I know that for a fact since I have well over 20 props doing just that.

aaronmt

I would run what I brung but my daily runner is a ally cut 30 chopper 2. Not quite the rocket out of the hole,its ok but not that great for sure.Maybe ill hunt down a 26 or something that I could use as a skiing prop to.

R

Redding XB21

Bring your prop wrench and look for a red 2002 the night before.:beer:. A quick swap and he'll never know!

R

Redding XB21

The Bull Dog may not be there all the time. Maybe he should go back to a small shaft, he's got time.:big grin

GFinch

I'll bring my 22" big ear chopper I can't remember if it's a Tillman or a JC.
Hopefully someone will bring a 18" or 20" I can try with my 1.62 gears, just for giggles. I could try my L&S Torque shift prop butt they don't live if ventalated. It is a fun prop for small lakes and club tournaments on the Champion.

badbait

Gary, I have a 17 your welcome to try let me know and I'll take it off my pontoon boat and bring it. Get real you don't want to be spinning that big block that many Rs. I have to run a 26 with my limiter at 6300. With a 20 or a 18 that thing is going to go strait up in the air and when it comes down your going to wonder where I went. Just follow the spray.

GFinch

Goodie, will it fit a Merc small shaft. I'll set the limiter to 8,500.
Is that spray or drool your talking about.
Bring the party barge we can use it as the timer platform. Margaritas in the evening and Bloody Marys in the morning brought to you by B.S. aka stinkbait party barge. You can leave that fishing boat at home.:gone fishing

R

Redding XB21

I use a torque shift on the Houseboat. Great out of the hole, but the top end kinda XXXXX. 5.4 (GPS) @ 3200RPM. At least I can control it once I get it up on the pontoons. I move Barb & Bill to the front when I nail it to keep the bow down.

GFinch

That engine and boat I keep talking about better be ready or I'm in BIG DO DO.

Won't be the last time!

badbait

Yes it's a Merc I/O 1" shaft but I'm not to sure that Aluminum prop of mine is going to like 8500 R's with 1.62 gears. That's the same as 9800 with 1.87 gears. Hey, you got to spin to win. If you are able to spin 1.62 gears to 8500 in 900' without turning it around before you get there I'm not to sure Jay and John are safe.