Repairing a pad on an 03

suicidealli

Thanks guys.
This thread was to show you guys how I do it.. By no means am I saying you should modify, or even work on your pad, or lip yourself..... There is a lot more to it than applying it....
That is the easy part. Getting everything to the correct, or modified specs is where the skill comes in. Takes some time, and those skill are not going to happen overnight. I dont know how many wrecked cars I straightened over the years.. A lot of skills cross into this work as well...JMO

Roy

Last edited:

xb03

Looks good Roy, sometimes I wished you lived closer. The tape trick is the only way to fix small spots IMO, I've used it in the past and it works great.

ROBERT CROSS

OK....I deviate a little.

Gel-coat stress cracks. Any procedures there? Got a few around the swim platform handle on the GS.

Bob
:confused:

suicidealli

That is rare for a GS. Is it a lighter lay up? Most stress cracks that get repaired will come back.JMO. Unless it was caused my a small impact. It will not be as strong as it was when first built. No magic for that one. It can be fixed.. Have you showed a pic to Allison they have some warranty depending what happened..

Roy

ROBERT CROSS

No I haven't showed them to the Factory, got the GS in 09, second owner.
The one in the pic is on the left side front of the grab rail. There are three that have spider'd together on the other side.
As you can see in my sig photo we're on LErie a lot, it may have something to do with running 40+ in some pretty good slop.:confused:
Can't really see them beyond 10' but they still bug me.:same ole song

Bob
:smile

suicidealli

finish pics/ lip is .060 factory size. all eges are sharper, and straighter. no more high, and low spots in the pad. also repaired the damage.
roy

Last edited:

suicidealli

sporty.
shane already primered the lower trying to go faster. i blunted the nose some, and took out out the high spots. sprayed, and blocked.
roy

Last edited:

suicidealli

Thanks.. We will see what kind of gains he gets.. He cant join the ally board. He lives in the boonies... Can't get Internet, so he uses his phone. Ally board won't recognize his phone email. He is on BBC, s/f. He goes by "wounded warrior". He has posted a lot about my Allison cut on a chopper on BBC. He called me when he hit a 100, and told me he loved me..lol
He could barely talk he was so excited... Really nice guy, grew up driving lasers..

Roy