Rumblings on Lake X

Darth VMAX

And the new Fasbass Console and rear fairing is supposed to have some aerodynamic advantages as well.

landar

Funny thread. Paul is about the nicest guy I know. My Allison is down at his shop getting some work done now. Most honest guy I know and his work is impeccable.

Fishforcash

SO if a 20 cc comp hull is capable of braking the record , why not go get one from a dealer .? this is all HYPETHETICAL, ITS NOT GONA HAPPEN ANYWAYS
He is a dealer.

Opps, disregard it was already said. :embarassed

Last edited:

hotshaft

I dont know id want to be trimming a 20cc bullet to the sky at 100 plus. This one blew over. Dont know if something broke on it or not. Glad no one was seriously hurt!

http://www.byuboyz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26865
Kinda what i was thinking would happen. Am not hating on bullet boats i own one but i really dont see a 20 footer hanging at those speeds for that distance long,but what do i know. I fish n a club that has alot of bulllets (20footers with 280's) and they all fish over a hundred.(wow) My little 20footer with a little 250 efi only runs 82 fishing on the gps(i needed to take a picture:very happy)so what do i know. I would love to be there when they try runing those speeds just hope he keeps it dry on the inside!

hotshaft

Thanks guys...like I said, I wish people would just ask me a question instead of starting rumors about me and what my intentions are. I think people take this stuff way to seriously and make it a personal thing. I grew up with my dad selling Bullet boats to make a living so he could put food on the table. I loved the boats as a kid and I still do...I've spent a lot of time running up and down the lake in a Bullet boat so I'm very comfortable with the boats at higher speeds. If my dad had sold Allison boat when I was growing up I would more than likely be running an Allison boat.

One thing that I think ''msharp'' is assuming is that the boat being built for me will be lighter than David's boat...it will not be lighter, I can guarantee you it will weigh more. If I want to put a trolling motor on the boat and start fishing I can do that.

Thanks, Paul
Paul i want to ask a question than.I cant speak for someone esle but i think msharp is trying to say is your boat is not going to be a stock production bullet. Meaning bullet has sold thousand of boats but, thiers only three like yours been made? David's boat is like everyone elses 2002 on here nothing specials just for him. You and i could go buy one today.(just look on here their are some very nice used riggs for sale)David's boat is a common allison boat meaning thier alot more than 3 or 4 out there, so why not take a common bullet like my 20xrd and run it? Its not about your boat being lighter than davids. Davids boat is a common allison performance boat it was not made special for him.Long story short david's is like all the other allison boats and your bullet is custom made. I bought my bullet to fish out of if i want a fast boat i would have bought an allison. Just a question from a old country boy that likes boats?

Thank's ol Hotshaft Xsive's ol buddy

RedAllison

I hope Paul DOES try for the record and I don't care what kinda boat he repairs, buys or has Mr. Hill build him. If it fits the parameters for the bass class then let him run! NO ONE bleeds Allison more than I do but I'd be the LAST one hoping someone else in another kind of boat never tries for the record. If he resets David's record then everyone has something to shoot for. If he doesn't then we A-boaters have something to rib the B-boaters about (in good fun of course).

Letit happn cappn, :at the bar
RA

ps
Some of you are arguing about whatever kinda boat Paul is having built. By those same requirements are you then going to say, "NO" when someone has Darris build a carbon fiber XB2002 that weighs between 500-600#s??? Gotta be fair and reasonable or the records themselves mean NOTHING.

hotshaft

Fantastic post RedAllison. No bashing here, its all in fun. Just asking questions.

Paul nichols

This will be my last post on this topic because I'm obviously not getting anywhere plus I'm getting bored with the whole thing. I don't make the rules the APBA does! The funny thing is the boat hasn't even been built yet, the motor hasn't been put together yet and I have no plans to run an APBA event anytime soon...I don't even know of any APBA event this year. Some of you guys sure are bent our of shape over a bassboat that doesn't even exsist yet. I have 2 APBA speed records and if any of you guys plan to break them I want to be able to pick the boat you run, the motor you run and tell you where to get it...we won't worry about the APBA rules, you'll have to play by MY rules...doesn't that seem fair...lol...?

PS...Thank you to all the guys who sent me PM's and emails...you don't have to apologize for others.

PSS...Thanks Jim!

See You On The Water, Paul

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Holly crap Red what are 'ya tri'n 'ta do, uncommon sense, on the argue thread...:argue

If there are rules and the entrant meets those rules...go for it. :confused:

Last edited:

Fishforcash

I hope Paul DOES try for the record and I don't care what kinda boat he repairs, buys or has Mr. Hill build him. If it fits the parameters for the bass class then let him run! NO ONE bleeds Allison more than I do but I'd be the LAST one hoping someone else in another kind of boat never tries for the record. If he resets David's record then everyone has something to shoot for. If he doesn't then we A-boaters have something to rib the B-boaters about (in good fun of course).

Letit happn cappn, :at the bar
RA

ps
Some of you are arguing about whatever kinda boat Paul is having built. By those same requirements are you then going to say, "NO" when someone has Darris build a carbon fiber XB2002 that weighs between 500-600#s??? Gotta be fair and reasonable or the records themselves mean NOTHING.
Very classy statement right there. Well said Red.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Why do some take offense to the FACT of the matter being, it will take a "SPECIAL ORDER BULLET" to out run a Comp 2002 that is a VERY COMMON boat. I mean it dont take a Masters degree to realize Shook did it in a Regular Old XB 2002 that anyone can find USED in a 89 year model right up to current. It was not a special order, special option boat that doesnt even exist yet. If Paul does break it which he doesnt even know if he is going to run it yet. More power to him. I hope he raises the bar because that gives ole Shook something to shoot for. But, to pretend that the Bullet would be just any other boat would be unjust. I think everyone knows that a standard bullet will not outrun a 2002. That is not a bad thing. The Bullet is geared more towards fishing than the 2002. Not that the 2002 is a bad fishing boat it just aint the fishing boat a bullet is.

catfish123

Agreed.......the 2002 has been known for it's excellence in carp fishing excursions, but it comes up "short" or too narrow.......LOL...... to be considered as a good bass fishing platform.

hotshaft

Why do some take offense to the FACT of the matter being, it will take a "SPECIAL ORDER BULLET" to out run a Comp 2002 that is a VERY COMMON boat. I mean it dont take a Masters degree to realize Shook did it in a Regular Old XB 2002 that anyone can find USED in a 89 year model right up to current. It was not a special order, special option boat that doesnt even exist yet. If Paul does break it which he doesnt even know if he is going to run it yet. More power to him. I hope he raises the bar because that gives ole Shook something to shoot for. But, to pretend that the Bullet would be just any other boat would be unjust. I think everyone knows that a standard bullet will not outrun a 2002. That is not a bad thing. The Bullet is geared more towards fishing than the 2002. Not that the 2002 is a bad fishing boat it just aint the fishing boat a bullet is.
Fantastic post very well said! I hope they leave it up long enough for someone to read it.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Hope I didnt come across the wrong way to Paul. I dont know him and he is very respected around the boating scene. I was only trying clarify what I understood a few other to be saying. Again not trying to offend Paul or anyone else. Everything I have ever read about Paul was very positive and he seems to be a great person.

F2008

Best set it before Dec. 21 2012 or its not going to matter anyway. LOL Sorry I just watched it on history channel.
:laughing :laughing time to buy that new basSport pro with no money down and a 15 yr note.

what if it's not true?
:shock: :shock:

RedAllison

The XB2002 is a good fishing boat, but unfortunately folks are looking at it through "todays glasses". The boat was designed in the mid 80s. It was a BIG boat for it's time back then, the average bassboat back then was 17.5' with 150s being the big sellers. Now we are afloat in a sea of 20-21ftrs with 225-300 big blocks so yeah the XB02 feels like a dinghy by comparison. Compare an XB2002 to a 270 Hydrosport or 350 Ranger and you'll see what I'm talkin about. (Not to mention the RIDE difference!)

I also don't really think the absolute top end difference between a 500# hull and a 650# hull is that great of a difference (hulls otherwise being identical). Perhaps David and Paul can add their experience here on the subject. But I've heard those with alot of experience north of the 110mark that lighter boats are actually more flighty and require alot more input than the same hulls with an extra 100-200#s. I would think the main benefit of the lighter weight would be in acceleration for gettin up to max speed quicker when going into the kilo traps.

Just my understanding, :at the bar
RA