Russ "62mph" P.

flying07

Well everyone, after almost two years, the time came this past weekend and the 'tuna barge' was off to her new home in South Carolina. It's been an epic journey, from set up, from 55mph seeming fast, to chine walking the crap out of it at 62mph, thus the title of this thread. But with patience, strong advice, and finally finding the 'knack' to it all, the 'tuna barge' and I found 70's, then 80's, then lower 90's, and one day a 96.6 on the big 30et. It's sad to think she's gone, but off to a great home. And let's be honest, now the fun time, where and what is my next boat!! ideas??

Final walk around the boat before it started to it's new home

flying07

Well Russ , if it's not an Allison you won't have a problem driving it so I guess this thread is dead !
wait, you mean driving an allison is hard? how hard can it be, it's not like i chine walked at 62 mph or something. . . haha. . . oh the memories\!!

flying07

I"m afraid to admit. . . . I just took delivery of a mint 2001, triad built, stv Euro. True ROS 280 on the back, 64 original hours. . . . . now the winter gets long. . .

IMG_4895.JPG

Last edited:

flying07

Shouldn't you be on STV owners ?
I should, but darn that forum is dead as a texas armadillo. . . . give me some slack, i still have a red and white, with a 280 lower. . . . just now with training wheels and a true 280 haha

whipper

STV sweet!! Thats one of the only other boats i would buy, well maybe a Trick also. So until Ive had an SS and an XR thats not going to happen any way. So Looks like its allison forever for this guy. Theirs only one Allison. At least you bought the fastest of the small tunnels like you had the fastest of the small vees. So you still have taste at least. :cool:

procomp

Thats my old Euro. Between myself and the guy you bought it from we did a pretty good job making that boat like new. Hope you enjoy it as much as your GS. Both great in their own way but if Im being honest I think I miss my GS more. You will love the 280 over the 225 promax thats a given. Enjoy.

Attachments

flying07

Thats my old Euro. Between myself and the guy you bought it from we did a pretty good job making that boat like new. Hope you enjoy it as much as your GS. Both great in their own way but if Im being honest I think I miss my GS more. You will love the 280 over the 225 promax thats a given. Enjoy.
Glad to hear from you. . . 'Big Mike' mentioned it was your old boat. . . and thanks, yeah, she's had some work done, it's Mint right now, was very happy when i saw how she looked. . . . Loved the GS, just something new to try, i think the 280 will be fun (but expensive!haha). . . .