Russ "62mph" P.

flying07

Well, boat finally back together. New bearing carrier and seals. Not great boating weather, white caps just starting to form on the lake. Wasn't expecting much, but made a few 80+ passes in the caps and the boat felt well. After a fishing boat finally got out of my way, hung her out, hit the trim one more time at 7100 rpm, she got up, flew nice over those caps, set her down, and my lil 'trolling motor' and 26 chopper got a nice 92.2 on the gps, best speed to date! Felt great, but now i'm thinking 94 on calm water with more run should be very possible :) soon i hope. . .

flying07

Finally had some great water and cool temps to really fly her. She was right on the 7200 limiter with the 26 chopper, even bumped a lil too high on the trim (sweet lean at that trim, woke me up a lil, haha), but all she had was 92.9. Two other runs and no faster. But for a first year Allison driver, on a GS, on a 26, I"m happy for sure!! Best part, it will run 91-92 in smooth water, choppy water, with 1 person, or even 2! Now, for a bigger prop or not. . . winter project!

flying07

good job Russ they love white caps smooth water no fun 26 prop runs good and a great learning prop now its ET 30 time don't mess around..
yeah, new prop for next year. 30 et or 30 chopper?

whipper

Thats flying with a 26 great job! ya ran out of trim with the smaller wheel haha :eek: 30 gets her done maybe even a 28 so ya still have decent hole shot is my favorite pitch. I had a strong 29 Spinelli before that felt great into the mid 90.s hole shot was crap though. chopper11 30 seems to be a good GS prop. JR pretty much always runs one of those with his 225GS. Its sure an accomplishment congrats on the perseverance. There have been many that gave up before they knew what they had.. ;)

racerx

Hey Russ you think you can make a trip out so I can get faster speeds with my ss..

flying07

Hey Russ you think you can make a trip out so I can get faster speeds with my ss..
crap jeff, you're too damn fast that way it is!! when is your SS going to my garage and the tuna barge going back in yours ;-) haha

flying07

she's put away for winter, but heads will get sent to Ruck (his former shop) for a little 'tuning', probably have Tony bump limiter on the ACU, and the 30 et is already on it's way. . . time to raise the motor and see what next year brings :)

flying07

well, although i may not be speedy, i think i have graduated some from 'mr. slow'. Thanks to Todd Bucknell, gave my sporty a lil loving, she really handles well now! and to Mr. Dave Hanle, the lil 'haircut' of the heads really woke the ole' fishing motor up. This is from past friday, first trip of the year, spinning a 26 chopper 2 at the limiter of 7400 . . . . next step, more prop . . . . hey big mike, how fast 'ole' yeller' going these days ??

IMG_4166.JPG

mikesufka

Hey "Slow" -

You already know the "Hornet" ran 94 mph on my first pass swinging a 29 SRX that I bought from the "Great Gilmore". I showed you the GPS.

It sure didn't seem to weigh much - I like.

MDS

flying07

Big Mike and "Ole Yeller' got scared this weekend, he has to babysit 'dogs' instead of play. If we ever get out of this wind here, the big 30 is going on first 1/2 below just too see, then the motor will go up 1/4 and let her eat! Sure is fun spinning that lil 26 now, all over the limiter and drives like it's got training wheels after those Sporty mods:)

flying07

My best speed last year was with it just starting to white cap and right into them! . . . after Bucknell's artistry on my Sporty, I was searching for my drink at 90 thinking I was only doing 50!!

mikesufka

"Slow", "Slow", "Slow" - when you gonna learn you never disrespect the younger sister, because now she's gonna go tell her big brother. The next thing you know, they'll suspend your driving & riding privileges.

MDS

FlatOutAlly

No one's slower overall than Mikey. Nearly ever dock is a chance to take a big hit in time and gain impression. I think the barrel back may average the highest average speed, on average? ;)

flying07

"Slow", "Slow", "Slow" - when you gonna learn you never disrespect the younger sister, because now she's gonna go tell her big brother. The next thing you know, they'll suspend your driving & riding privileges.

MDS
True, if it wasn't for 'Big Mike' i may still be stuck at 62 . . . and after his addition of 'Ole Yeller', i can no longer rip on his love of training wheels . . . . now if he just knew how to take a prop nut off . . . . haha