SS Top speed

ally2dextreme

I just think its sad that you called Mr.Tiger a liar,just because you haven't done it doesn't mean it can't be done.I think the speeds he reported are very doable,certainly not outlandish as you imply.Its just the way you went about it I think you should apologize and I guess your were trying to call me a liar as well.Its shame the way people act on forums,like they would never run into the people they talk about..,..

racerx

Didn't call any one a liar just my thoughts where did I call you a liar told you bring your boat if you ever owned one and bring to jasper like to see it???

racerx

Again bring your pump gas allison 260 to the ramp and we could race to Chattanooga through boat traffic ect I got a grand I beat you....

ally2dextreme

I guess I'm lucky enough to have a life and don't get caught up in a chest pounding contest on the internet.I'm no Jhon Tiger but if I couldn't get a SS with a 260 to run over 105 I'd sell it and get a pontoon...

racerx

Every time I call somebody out on something they have an excuse ...lol

SSTOM

I love my SS they can be a handful if you push them. I have ran from a modded 2.4, 2.5 200, 225pm, 260, and a heavy modded steel sleeve and the boat handles different with every motor. I have hull #1 and have owned it for 11yrs it may not be the fastest but i love it and the looks of it. Tom

mikesufka

SSTOM -

Any pics of hull #001 - that's pretty sweet to say you have the first one. Congrats !!!!!

MDS

mikesufka

Only 111 MPH ?????????????? Better sell it and buy a pontoon ................ ( Sarcasm )

allisonriverrat

respected answer Mr. Hardin. I have heard of several runs from people in the 108 to 112 range with ss and 280 combo.. And big wheel.. But deep teens ?? I am sure everyone that read that probably took it way I did.. 116 117 118 119 120??? If these boats were that fast ... There would be more at drag races... And a better resale value... Not going to happen.... And if it ever did.. It was with one of the few rr models...
And with a panda load of modification to the pad... It's the most unpredictable slowest of any of t he 20ft allisons.. Other than grands port and xb03and both gives it one hell of a run for the money pound for pound...Just my 2 cents .. And ain't worth face value.

Kcraft

respected answer Mr. Hardin. I have heard of several runs from people in the 108 to 112 range with ss and 280 combo.. And big wheel.. But deep teens ?? I am sure everyone that read that probably took it way I did.. 116 117 118 119 120??? If these boats were that fast ... There would be more at drag races... And a better resale value... Not going to happen.... And if it ever did.. It was with one of the few rr models...
And with a panda load of modification to the pad... It's the most unpredictable slowest of any of t he 20ft allisons.. Other than grands port and xb03and both gives it one hell of a run for the money pound for pound...Just my 2 cents .. And ain't worth face value.
:D

ally2dextreme

Most agree a small gearcase at those speeds are worth 5-8mph..Been a while since I been to school but that would put that 111@116-119,right where I said.

ally2dextreme

So do you believe Skook has been over 120 mph in his bass boat? Where's the list of guys with the same combo running at least 110 or so?..Fast doesn't win races,quick does There are several Strokers in the teens how do you think they would do in Jasper this weekend?...Some people are getting carried away,someone is basically calling Mr.Tiger a liar and my opinion is those speeds can be reached,never said most of us can get close...Most of us like to think were drivers but it will take a driver to get those speeds.

allisonriverrat

Thomas.. After this Statement I will not respond again... But I am sure there are probably at least 10 to 15 ss owners out there that would pay you t give them 5 mph in an ss with a 260 or 280 ... No questions asked!!!!
Or hell even a 300! So put your services out there for hire ..... I watch a ss with
300 with 26 @112all over the place!!!! Now put a
Big wheel on .. Ha!!! Death trap.