titus cut on sportsmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

john4utvols

Does anyone no anybody running a Titus cut sportsmaster, or the jc version. I'm thinking of doing this, but would like some info on this lower unit on a A-boat. I was told they give you alot of tail lift, which I don't need on my ss. Any help is appreciated I'm carry mine to one of them wed, and I'm not sure if I need this done.
thanks John

SSTOM

John,

I run a Titus cle on my SS and dad runs one on his XB2002. They are faster and drive better than are bob's. I haven't run a Sportmaster cut by Titus but I would think that the cle should be pretty much the same. I hope this helps. Tom :D

ziemer

I run one on my GS. So far so good. It definitely handles better than a stock sporty. I was running at about 1/2" +/- above the pad for drag racing and I found out that when I put weight back in the boat (one or two additional people) it did not handle as well. Would not carry the bow and the prop would slip a lot when I accelerated hard from about 30-40 mph. I dropped it back down about 3/8" for this past weekend and it drove great. Ran it up to around 90 and it was solid as a rock with myself, my wife, a full cooler and additional weekend stuff. :wink:

Chummy

I have a Sportmaster the Titus did and it runs great, I can run the motor lower and get the same speed as if I ran it higher with the stock gearcase.

lundy02

I just put one on a XB02 titus 200 case it does pick up the back . works real good you do not do not have to trim a lot to get the back up.

tomoad

anybody got a phone # or know of a web site. I want to send my sportmaster to titus & have it worked

J

John Richied

I’m just curios as to how much speed anyone has gained with the Titus modification on an Allison?

I tried the CLE/Titus modified case and LOST 7-mph know matter where I ran the gearcase on my XB-2002 Comp Pro.

I never have tried the Sportmaster/Titus case; it probably handles a lot different then the CLE?

tomoad

thanks xb, Going to send the lu to them to releive the arm pump from all of the torque steer. Can you say ''MASSIVE"", Doug Dixon , my friend rest your arms, I will get the problem fixed. motor is square on the back of boat, both steering cables are fine. I'll just send it to Titus, BEEN thinking of doing it anyway. Anyone that has had this done to a sportmaster remember a price they charged. anyway thanks

B

BP

The handling and workmanship is fine with my GPI/ Titus/Cle, however like John I experienced a speed loss (approx 5mph)over a stock sporty. I swapped back to a borrowed sporty to verify. I have also tried every concevable engine height and various prop combos to sort it out, all to no avail :x
Send it to Sandersons guy or do the "Baker" mod yourself for free, before having the entire nose lopped off a stock sportmaster! The outcome may be the same or better and you can spend the extra $$$ on gas, beer,women or lottery tickets (choose your own order).If you still arent happy than you can pony up the big bucks.
All that glitters isn't gold.

Ditto on Johns speed question, anybody verify an increase with one?

XSive

When I called Darris about modding a sportmaster he told me to call:

Tucker's Landing Boat Propeller Service
1545 Progress Way, Jeffersonville, IN 47129
(812) 283-4500

I did. I forget the guys name but he said he charges less than $100 (This was over a year ago) For me here in Canada the shipping and brokeage fees were off the deep end :shock: I've also heard good things about Lee Sanderson and his work and as well as the Baker mod's. I have no first hand experience with any of them, however.

I never did it. I e-mailed Baker and asked if he would be so kind as to send me his info and photo's and write up that he used to have on his website, he said he would,.........never did get them.

Has anyone got photo's and experience with the Tuckers landing, Sanderson, or baker MOD's?

Personally I like to stay away from bondo on cases.

Tomoad,

I heard that it was $600 for Titus to do a case. Thats a fair bit of $$$. I'd hold my horses until you hear from some of these guys on the board. Or maybe there is a better prop that would help you. I run a Lightning ET and the wheel torque isn't to bad. When I ran a Mazco I thought my arm would fall off after about 10 minutes.

Personally, I'd like to know what really works. I when I thought about doing it, it was to improve handling. Not that it was bad but maybe it could be better. I'd be pissed if I went 5MPH slower after spending that much money then having to lay out $1500 on a new case just to get back to where I was.

B

BP

XSive, you raise a good point on the bondo.I do believe Titus attatches the cone in a way to minimize the amount of filler required, but there still has to be some to smooth it out.Those in cold climates are best to bring the unit inside during freeze/thaw cycles. Its another hassle.
My Tooters 200 was at least an annual event to repair, even with indoor storage. So far the Titus doesnt show any signs of cracking but it isn't a year old yet.
Wish I could help on the Bakers pics, I have not seen them anywhere in quite awhile.
I never had any beef with my Sportmasters handling and if the the driveshaft hadn't of broke and carrier spun, I would still be using it :lol:

J

John Richied

FlatOutAlly said:
John Richied said:
I tried the CLE/Titus modified case and LOST 7-mph know matter where I ran the gearcase on my XB-2002 Comp Pro.

I never have tried the Sportmaster/Titus case; it probably handles a lot different then the CLE?
Lost 7 compared to WHAT? Further evidence that your're a dick head. And a complete fricking one at that. GO AWAY. Please. You're going to hurt someoone if you haven't already. :oops:
I’m not sure where you are coming from Cliff? Care to explain…

K

Kevin from FL

Lost 7 compared to WHAT? Further evidence that your're a dick head. And a complete fricking one at that. GO AWAY. Please. You're going to hurt someoone if you haven't already.
Cliff, posts such as this are not tolerated here, please refrain from making any more of them. We have a very good PM system here, use it!

FlatOutAlly

Kevin from FL said:
Lost 7 compared to WHAT? Further evidence that your're a dick head. And a complete fricking one at that. GO AWAY. Please. You're going to hurt someoone if you haven't already.
Cliff, posts such as this are not tolerated here, please refrain from making any more of them. We have a very good PM system here, use it!
sorry kevin. Can't handle the crap he dishes. I can leave. makes me no never mind. you decide.

Oh, and I deleted it long before you saw it.

K

Kevin from FL

Actually I did see the post but had to leave my computer for something else I had going on and you deleted it before I got back.

No biggy, just use the PM system for those kinds of things in the future is all I ask.

FlatOutAlly

Kevin... Your're PM system works fine. I've used it AND THE PHONE. I have no more time for this. Your board rocks. I just have no time for people that give us a bad name. Again.....let me know if I'm off base.

Status
Not open for further replies.