titus cut on sportsmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSive

GPI Racing said:
XSive,

What most don't know and are missing totally is that Titus did the first sportmaster conversion because I asked him to. I wanted a stromger housing for my STV project and the 200 housings were not lasting very long. At no time was it to be a customer thing. People saw it and then wanted one like it..typical. Randy

http://forum.allisonowners.com/viewtopic.php?t=643&highlight=titus+gpi
By GPI racing: from link above

"My point would be how many of you can drive like Glen Reynolds? It shouldn't take that kind of skill and when I post here I am generally aiming my comments at the average type of Allison owner. So, with a grain of salt, keep in mind the "average" Allison owner/driver would be better served with the coned Titus version. Also, I would have to say that I am a reasonably good Ally pilot and I'm quicker and faster with it also. I didn't go 130 with a side steer XR2002 with a sportmaster.......tried it...bad idea. The 129 run was with a nice modified gearcase...the proto to the Titus/GPI case now being done."

From the May 2005 Bass and Walleye Boat p77:

The real secret to added speed and performance of Grisham

ALLISONMAN

finally some light on the marketing idusttry versues true world been there done that!!!! some people are finally seeing some light!!!!! yeller agree because we are standing here in demopolis typing on my laptop!!!!!!!!

Yellowallison

well wel well......looks like so one left the closet door open and those POWERED COATED skeltons are startin to fall out one by one!!! :cry:

I is Thinkin I'm GUNNA get a STICkHER and put on my boat thaz says!!!

Yu GUYS jus don't understand... :p :p :p :p :p

....should be good for good 7 MPh!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p

LIVE from DEMOPLIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

S

Scott Gilmore

ALLISONMAN said:
finally some light on the marketing idusttry versues true world been there done that!!!! somepeople are finally seeing some light!!!!! yeller agree because we are standing here in demopolis typing on my laptop!!!!!!!!
WOW, you STUD racer you !!! I'm sure you've got all the answers !! Rock ON with that XB03 !! I've seen the "light" & it's you & yeller !!!! So win some races ???? I'm sure you BOTH can just KICK ASS this & EVERY weekend !!!!!!!!!!! Scott :p :eek: :evil I NEED SOME WISDOM !!! You studs are KICK ASS !!! :( :twisted: :evil:
EDIT & MAKE ME PUKE !!!!!

ALLISONMAN

well if we take that bassracer of yours and compare it to my 03 than yes i am a stud!!!!! but i have never seen you racin' just drinkin'!!!!

but one thing for sure i am tired of hearing and seeing storys of my friends and members of tha family getting less than what is sold to them and this just confirms of what i have questioned in the past!!!!! of course i have been slammed and banned for questioning stuff that i know and feel is not right and now it is coming to a light!!!! if you are happy with gpi then use him but there is alot out there not happy and everyone needs to know this so everyone can do more research into what they are buying and what they have bought!!!! alot of stuff hasnt added up and is now being questioned here but no answers have been given. makes ya wonder!!!!!!!!!!

Yellowallison

HEY GILMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! why Yu so UPSET !!!!!!! :p

were not the ones on tha ALLY BOARD questionin why thier 7-9 mph SOSO's gearcase ran like a submarine... or upset cause thier Powerhead is in pieces on the work bench or send'n PM back and forth about all the different times people have been givin ROTTEN CANDY!!

I got the PM to prove it!!! but I want POST cuz thats what folks sent me in private!!

ALL wuz said!!! The closet door has been cracked open and POWERED COATED skeltons are startin to walk around and talkbout what was said in the past!!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p

S

Scott Gilmore

ALLISONMAN said:
well if we take that bassracer of yours and compare it to my 03 than yes i am a stud!!!!! but i have never seen you racin' just drinkin'!!!!

RACER ?? I could CARE LESS about being one or acting like one. One thing I'm proud to say, I'm not an internet pretend RACER....... they seem to be like flys on $hit around here !!! Scott :roll:

K

Kevin from FL

Come on guys, stick to the topic.

What I think, what you think and second hand information doesn't mean crap here. If you have hands on experience with the modified case good or bad, please feel free to share it, if you have a legitimate question, ask it. Other than that, keep what you think to yourself and don't attack each other.

ALLISONMAN

GILMORE come on down to race and you can find me there!!!! come on out to the river and you can find me there!! come on and pull up next to me and lets see how fast you really arent!!!!!

truth be known there are alot of people out there with these cases that havent gained a thing, some lost and some gained i am sure!!! but guys you need to do alot of research before jumping on an advertising campain and then find yourselves out of pocket with little or nothing gained!!! I dont get on here to sell anything i am not in the marine business but i hate to see people waste their money on products!!!!

Yellowallison

Made an observation this weeknd while working the scales at ODBA/DEMOPOLIS that reconfirmed my thoughts on why I run a slightly modified SPORTMASTER and spent the 800$ on faster props!

To the best of my observations while weighin the top (5) boats in 4) clasess( Pro Gas, Pro Carb, Super Stock or Unlimited) @ ODBA/DEMOPOLIS..

90% of those boats were running modified SPORTMASTERs and bout the 10% were either a BOBS or JC's on a 200case..... 2 of the top 5)in Progas were runing steckbauers!

DIDn't see any CANDYMAN gearcases :idea: :idea:

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

p.s- Hey KEV!!! i knew yu was gunna delete the GPI GEARCASE 101 cartoon.... but I promise I wasn't the author! someone sent that to me in a PM and I just had to post it.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ziemer

Yellowallison said:
DIDn't see any CANDYMAN gearcases
You must have passed over DCI's two boats. :wink: I know he's had three of them done. He runs one on the Venom and I think he runs one on the Q-Shot too.

Yellowallison

DIDn't see any CANDYMAN gearcases

Zimeeeeeeee... Yes DCI runs a JC's on the Quartershot and a TITUS on the Hydrostream!

But NOTICE I did say that (1) of the 20 boats that I /tech'd/weighed on SATURDAY had a JC's and 2 had steckies all the others SM or 200/BOB cases. Tha 1) JC was DCI's Pro Gas/Quatershot :p

The DCI Hydrostream with a TITUS ran on SundaY in LakeRacer thatz why I didn't reference it in my observations!

JC's and TITUS's work aint the issue that guys are saying they have issues with! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yur wife knwo yur on the PUTER!! Yu better have that house clean!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

J

John Richied

Guys like Kevin said “lets stick to the subject, first hand experience.”

This post is on page 7 and almost 4000 views and we want everyone’s experience. If when someone posts they get slammed on it’s just going to make others think second about posting.
Making fun of or trashing someone who loans parts out and goes out of their way to help others is just going to run them off.
If that happens, then what? How many of you are willing to ship a gearcase, prop, flywheel or other parts to someone you know on the board and not personally? I’m not talking about a friend in the same city as you but someone a few thousand miles away you know only from the board?
There are so many ways to set up an Allison of the same hull make from the prop, setback, gearcase, pad modifications, propshaft height, etc…
Look at the drag races and how many different ways they are all trying to achieve the same results, yet they are not all set up the same.

Sometimes things don’t make sense to me when I read them, but just because I don’t understand them does not make them wrong. It just means I don’t get it… A lot of times when I am trying to explain something on the internet I do a poor job of trying to get my point across, when I go back and reread it, heck it doesn’t even make sense to me. I know what I was thinking, but I did a poor job of explaining it.

People make mistakes and if you are perfect and don’t that great for you. You should get a special place in the winner circle.

If I am reading a post and it’s a just for fun post or whatever and someone slams something I believe in I will post even if it’s just for fun. Some guys love their Trophy props and as most of you know I am not a Trophy prop fan. But you know what, that doesn’t mean that a Trophy prop isn’t good for the guys who love them and their application. It really means I don’t like a Trophy prop on my setup and that is it.

It’s kind of like running a Merc, Yamaha, OMC, Etc on your Allison…Most run Mercury 2.5’s on the XB-02 and XB-03’s but there are guys out there running just as well with other brands.

And last but not least sometimes there is more to a setup or post then we are reading. Remember there are two or more sides to every story and hearing both sides is when you can make an informed judgment.

If you can’t stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen! And I mean that with the utmost luv :p :p :p

ALLISONMAN

pinkie I agree to a point what good is a part if it endangers your life!!!! what if it is a waste of money what if it was not what was advertised there are a bunch of ??????? This case was advertised a while back as to gain 7-9 mph and that is a bunch of bull!!!!! i know that there has been stuff that certain people have not been honest about and other have bitten the bullet and ate the losses!!!!! some have tried to post their bad expriences and have been removed others choose not to - out of business ethics or embarassment!!!!!!

john what would have happened if you were running 100 and that welded up borrowed gearcase broke off????? how much would that have helped you out and lucky you were not running 100 and only thing ruined was you midsection!!!!! Come on guys we need to be safe and spend our money wisely on stuff that is as advertised!!!! I think there are alot of questions asked and none or very few answered!!!! i dont want to see anyone in "tha family" hurt or ripped off!!! I know for fact of these wrong doings!! i just am not gonna post who and how they got ripped off but believe me they are out there and right here on this board!!!!!!! Again i get no gain by posting these negative deals and i dont care who you buy your stuff from!! I just hate to see someone ripped off or pay a high price for some crap that was not as advertised!!! guys and gals check into before you purchase maybe some people that have bought this stuff will list thier names and phone numbers and will let you talk to them behind the wide open board!!! Then you can make your own judgement on whether to purchase or not!!! anyone feel free to call me to comments on this and I will explain to you in person about bad deals, good deals or whatever!!!!!

J

John Richied

Bryan I tried to call you about the good deals… I left my phone number and name so give me a call back when you get a chance.

And as for the loaner gearcase it was not a Titus modified case and Randy sent me a new mid for free.

K

Kevin from FL

I've had enough about the GPI stuff from people with hear say and that isn't what this board is about. I'm not going to let this board turn into a free for all with I heard this and he heard that like on other message boards.

I've heard of the problems some have had that have dealt with GPI at the rally and from PM's. This board and the Allison owners had better deal with facts from those that have had problems and not from those that hear about them and seem to be hell bent on attacking a dealer and then posting that information on this board. It will not be tolerated! We will loose all credibility as a factual board and just be another rumor board. I said to stick to the facts and topic from people that had hands on experience, and as usual, some don't seem to comprehend what I posted and continue to keep spreading hear say from second hand sources stirring more $hit. That left me with no choice but to lock the thread because it may adversely effect something that is going on.

If an Allison owner has a problem with a dealer or anyone else selling something here for that matter and has the proof to back it up that it wasn't what the Allison owner was told or sold, fine, post the info. Other than that, don't post second hand info on things of this nature period!

Just a reminder, what you post can have legal ramifications.

Also as a foot note: If you don't like the way I run this board, tuff $hit! Buy me out and you can have at it. Other than that, shut the hell up :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.