WHERE IS THE SPEED ?

Yellowallison

RanGERLuviNFIREman...

Yu see ole AMAN stirrin that POT....... :mrgreen:

lets see if we can help you boys out because we would hate for a RANGER to pass ya!!!!!
Don't take his Bait... he trollin for YA! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fishnfireman

Thanks big time for the input Yeller :!:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the 4 blade chopper style.
So maybe I'm not that far off with my 225 running 81 if your dad's rig is 83-86 with heavy load and a 250.
I know the boat has more in it :arrow: and with everyones help I feel sure we can get there.
My old fishing fund is a little short right now :oops: Have been fishing some big dollar tournaments and finishing just out of the money.
But I'm due to cash a good check, as soon as I do, I will for sure give Billy a call.
I'm headed back down to Amistad on Monday so should get to run a bunch. If the DAMN wind will lay down. I will try everything a can that youall have sugested. Speaking of Amistad go to FLW's web site and look at the results on the TTT and also the Stren series.. Then check out Bass champs web page for there Amistad results. They are re-writing ALL the records. Can't wait to see what the BASS boys do in March. The BIG girls should be locked on the beds by then. I talked to Byron Velvick of ESPN bass center. He was at the Basschamps weigh in and said if the wind don't blow they should break every record for BASS also.

fishnfireman

Yellowallison said:
RanGERLuviNFIREman...

Yu see ole AMAN stirrin that POT....... :mrgreen:

lets see if we can help you boys out because we would hate for a RANGER to pass ya!!!!!
Don't take his Bait... he trollin for YA! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ya, I seen it, but I was to busy rubbin blister creme on my lip from the last hook set :oops:

All TROLLING aside :p :p If I get passed by a Rnger in THIS boat I'm turning in my man card and getting me a PINK tu-tu :!: :!: :!:

des

wheres the speed

hey fishnfireman i picked up my new 21 prosport and rigged it with a 225x like your rig.im new to the allison boat scene so may not be much help.i will be playing around with some differant set ups the next few months and will let you know if i luck into something with some speed.also if you figure something out make sure you post it or let me know.my first couple of runs with my boat i was seriously let down, until i figured out my gps wasnt set on mph.i felt like a fool at first, but then felt much better with some 75 mph runs at 6200 rpm.im starting out with a allison cut 26 trophy until i get the feel of the boat, my use that prop all around it feels pretty good for fishing.keep any info coming,i will do the same.i also only have a tm lower unit at this time,so i have to keep the lower unit burried. thinking of either a bobs cone or buying a sm lower unit ,not sure just yet.and im located in florida so the sea level is quite a bit better thanks for any future help des. dennissmith22@msn.com

ally2dextreme

new boat

runing the new boat with 250 xs let yall now what we get using the same prop we got 102 out of with 300x

XB21er

fnf,
Been on vacation, but looks like you've got some good advice from Yellar, badbait, and others- I've had a 21ProSport/250xs/1.62/8" setback for about 1 1/2 yrs. Run the boat at sea level up to 2600'. I've run a 25 trophy like your buddy, and although it's not the best for topend he should be running a whole lot better than that- I've run a stock 25 trophy 86+ at sea level and 82-83 at 2600'- with two man t-loads w/no water in livewell- and I don't skimp on tackle or use motorcycle batteries.

I can vouch for the Performer 4 too- read a post awhile back about them and called Billy(Thanks Yellar). But you've got props to try that should be running better first.

Craig

quikandfst

JUST PICKED UP MY BASSPORT PRO TWO SEATER WITH A 250XS. GOING TO THE LAKE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS.WILL POST BACK AFTER I PLAY WITH SET UP.
I AM THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF THE XB21 PROSPORT/300X THAT RAN GPS 101 MPH AT HIGH ROCK LAKE LAST YEAR.

quikandfst

XB21 BASSPORT (2 SEATER) , 250XS, 1:75 SPORTMASTER
FULLY LOADED(FISHING GEAR) 1 CRANKING BATT,2 HEAVY TROLLING MOTOR BATTS, MOTOR GUIDE ON BOARD CHARGER,PTS MOTORGUIDE TROLLING MOTOR,TOPPED OFF FUEL TANK,2 PEOPLE.WANTED TO SET UP WITH THE LOAD I WILL BE RUNNING.
SMARTCRAFT RPM AND GARMIN GPS BEST RUN WAS WITH A HYDROMOTIVE 4 BLADE 28 PITCH 85.3 MPH AT 6200 RPMS. HAD A GREAT HOLE SHOT AND STAYED HOOKED UP.I RAN A COUPLE OTHER PROPS BUT NOTHING CAME CLOSE. I DID RUN A 26 TROPHEY BUT I LOST A BLADE AT 6000 RPMS SO THAT WAS THE END OF THAT.
I FEEL LIKE I HAVE SOME THINGS TO OVERCOME BECAUSE THE BOAT WOULD WANT TO SPIN OUT OR THE NOSE WOULD FALL IF I JACKED THE MOTOR MORE THAN 1 INCH BELOW THE PAD.I FEEL LIKE THE BATTS HAVE ALOT TO DO WITH THAT ISSUE.THE H2O PRESSURE ON THE 85.3 RUN WAS 20+ PSI BUT I COULDNT GET THE MOTOR UP WITHOUT GETTING INTO TROUBLE.
I FEEL LIKE THE BOAT IS CAPABLE OF RUNNING 90MPH FULLY LOADED IF THE RIGHT WEIGHT PLACEMENT, PROP AND ENGINE HEIGHT IS FOUND.
ANYWAY IM HAVING FUN AND PLAN TO KEEP ON PLAYING

allisondog69

mike if you have a 4th of tackle in your boat ole mooneyham carries i see the problem. i sat back and really looked at what i fish with at each lake at any givin time. and cut my tackle into a 10th of what i used to take, i also find out that i do more fishing instead of retieing. definatly not telling you how to fish, you got that down., just saying when ole darren gets in the boat i plan on running under 80.. lol

spudman14

We're getting closer- 85.3 now. Full fuel, 2- 200#ers, tackle, beer.
26" worked trophy, 7,000 rpm. about 1/4 below pad.

jimmyb

quick and fast...

just saw your post.. you really need a 1.62 sportmaster! the 250XS doesnt need to rev to make power... your best bet would be to target your WOT rpm to be around 5900-6000 and you arent gonna get there with a 1.75

if you would have a 1.62 with that 28" prop that you are running, i would put money on it that you would be running 90+

spudman14

I am considering ordering a new 300xs to replace the 280 on my
2006 Bassport. Do I want 1.62 or 1.75 gears in the S.M. gearcase?

fishnfireman

Hey spudman,

Why the trade :?: were you having trouble passing that ESPN chopper this weekend.
Talked to B. last night, he said it was a ZOO......
Sure wish I could have been there.. :(
I bet the new 300 will be awesome....

I will still come down and help you swap the 300 off your big Bullet onto the Allison.

If you do get another 300 will you put the 280 back on the little Bullit :?:

quikandfst

TROPHEY 27PLUS 86.6 LOADED BOAT ON THE LIMITER 6300
HAVE SEVERAL OTHER PROPS COMING AND FEEL SURE ONE WILL HIT 90
I KNOW THE 1.75 GEAR HURTS MY TOP END BUT I DONT LOOSE SIGHT OF THE WATER ALMOST NO BOW RISE WITH THE HOLE SHOT.
IM SURE SOMEONE HAS DONE THE MATH ON WHICH IS BEST(LOW GEAR /LOW PITCH VS HIGH GEAR/HIGH PITCH. IT BOILS DOWN TO WHAT YOU WANT THE BOAT TO DO.WILL POST AGAIN AFTER I RUN OTHER PROPS
I DO KNOW THAT MY XB21 PROSPORT/300X DIDNT HAVE A HOLE SHOT LIKE THIS BOAT DOES 1.62 GEAR / 28 TROPHEY PLUS WORKED ON/6800 RPMS 101MPH
EVEN WITH LOWER PITCH PROPS ON THE 300X 1.62 GEAR THE HOLE SHOT WAS NOT AS STRONG

jimmyb

you shouldnt loose sight of the water with the 1.62 gearset... holeshot will obviously be better with the 1.75. However holeshot with the 250XS with 1.62 gears should be better than with the 300X with the 1.62. The 250XS has a more low-end grunt...

here's why you dont want to prop the 250XS at 6300 for ultimate speed:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101444&highlight=300xs+numbers

look at the trend of the blue line... imagine what it is like at 6300

halfast

So Last year I sold my 300x off from my prosport. It had the 1.62 sportmaster. I am mounting a new 250xs with a 1.62 and I am curious as to what my previous props which I still own will do. Will they work I am thinking not. I have a 25 4 blade Hydromotive and a 26 trophy. I think I am going to need more pitch but thesed worked with the 300x for 96mph+/- on the gps at the higher limiter. Based on the dyno charts I should only rev this thing inti the high fives. What do you all think. Thanks in advance. jd3

XB21er

halfast- I've got a 21 ProSport/250xs. I've run trophies 25-27, hydro 28, Performer 26, 28. The 26 trophy will be ok, but not your best for topend. In a hydro you'll probably need at least a 27, maybe a 28. You'll probably hit the limiter with the 25 hydro, and burn a lot of fuel.