WHERE IS THE SPEED ?

jimmyb

what craig said...

for ultimate topend, the 28-30" props would be a better bet.

you can still rev the motor if you want, but it just wont put down the ultimate top speed numbers if revved. The extra rev limit was to help the guys out that were running 100+ and were out of gears/props to keep off the old (lower) rev limit.

halfast

Thanks guys that means a 26 trophy and 25 Hydro will be up for sale or trade. Both have very little time. I am pleased to hear that the holeshot on the 250xs might be as good or better than the 300x. I am also lookin forward to cheap regular gas and not burnin as much this summer. I have to say though the 300x was fun til it puked.......

des

wheres the speed

wanting to here any new info on props , set up , ect. on XB21 prosports with 225x motor. I know a few of you have this similar rig [fishnfireman for sure ] and have been trying differant things .My lower unit will be ready in a few days and i will be ready to try some things myself but was just wondering if any of you guys figured any thing out yet. The last time i heard anything on this subject it wasnt all that good as far as speeds and some of you were just getting ready for some testing before , during , and after upcoming tournaments. If you could post some of your results maybe it will keep me going until i get mine back together. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. DES

fishnfireman

des,

I wish I had some good news to report. Right now it is still about 82 mph with a T load.
We spent a week at Amistad....Tried several things including raising the propshaft up to a little above even...It did not seem to make any difference on top speed. I even ran the boat one day by myself. It was not but 1.5 mph faster and was a little hard to handle because I still had the wt set up for a passenger.
Because it was a very important tournament I did not spend near enough time trying different setups.
I wish I could get my hands on one of the Allison cut Trophys that Darris is so proud of. I am not sure what pitch I need without trying one first.
I have a stock 26 that I could send off and get worked......However I feel like if they do work as good as claimed on this rig.. I will need a 27 for lower elevations and a 25 for 4000 ft and above.

Spudman has picked his up some. I believe he got a 26 Bullit cut Trophy to run upper 80s with one on board and mid 80s with a load.

des

wheres the speed

Thanks fnf for the update. I actually have a 26 allison cut for my boat now, still waiting for my lower unit to get finished though.The way you mentioned that you had it set up for two people as far as weight and all makes me feel a little better about mine as far as handling. Ive only had mine out a few times due to wrong lower unit and I was by myself both times . Im guesing and hoping that was why she was so hard to handle at higher speeds.With the stock battery locations that im using and me weighing in at 220 and my partner at about 190 do you think the 30lb. differance is going to be an issue.I guess the real test will be when i get my lu back and throw my partner in for a tourny run and then maybe move tackle around acordingly. {tackle should amount to 20 to 40 lbs.}.Im going to try the 26 trophy alli cut prop first, but if it doesnt perform well i will continue to try others.OH YEAH BY THE WAY LAKE AMISTAD LOOKED AWSOME ON T.V. I hope the publicity dont ruin it for you.I live in central florida and when dean rohous caught the huge stringer on lake toho it turned into a nightmare for about two years.The good and the bad of it is people were just getting over the toho/kississimee chain of lakes as far as a trophy lake then the bassmaster classic comes here again in the beginning of 2006 and stirs it all up again with 11s.10s,and 9s and 8lbers .Anyway ,goodluck on your tourny trail ,the weather here is perfect ,winds lying down,fish are biting everywhere,I will be doing some serious testing in the near future but im afraid im just going to have to be happy with a 82-83 mph awsome fishing machine

fishnfireman

des,

Myself and a friend who has a prosport elite . We both had to move batteries to get the boats balanced with a partner. there was to much wt on the port side....You can tell by just sitting on the water if the boat leans one way or the other at rest, it will be the same at speed.

Yes-- our used to be secret honey hole at Amistad. Is a ZOO now.
For years if you went out on a weekday from October thru the end of Feb. You may not see another boat all day. Now your lucky to find a parking spot.

Let me know how that Alli cut trophy does.

spudman14

The boat seems to run best with a 26" trophy. 86 mph fully loaded.
2 mph faster than my 21' 10" Bullet with a 300x. The Allison has
a much better ride though.

quikandfst

BASSPORT PRO/250XS 1:75 SM
RAN YESTERDAY AT LAKE WYLIE WITH A 28 TROPHEY PLUS. A GUY HAD IT ON A CHAMPION/3OOX AND LET ME RUN IT. HALF FUEL TWO PEOPLE, FISHING GEAR RAN 90.4 MPH GPS SLOWLY HIT THE LIMITER .HE SAID HE HAD THE PROP CHOKED DOWN WITH EXTRA CUP.HE RAN 89.1MPH GPS AND COULDNT BELIEVE THAT MY 250XS WAS STOCK.
TALKED TO BILLY TODAY AT PERFORMANCE PROPS/ GOING TO START SOME MODIFICATIONS WILL POST LATTER
THE HOLE SHOT WAS 4XS FASTER ON MY ALLISON THAN HIS CHAMPION.ALOT OF PEOPLE TRIED TO TALK ME OUT OF THE 1:75 SM AND WANTED ME TO GO WITH THE 1:62. THATS WHAT I HAD ON MY 300X BUT IM HAPPY WITH THE 1:75.WITH A FULL LOAD FUEL AND LIVEWELL IT STILL JUMPS OUT OF THE HOLE WITHOUT BOW RISE AND OUT RUNS EVERYTHING BUT ANOTHER ALLISON.

jimmyb

i wasnt ridiculing you for a 1.75... i was just saying that a 1.62 offers more proping choices and would be my personal choice for your rig. With a 1.75 you are going to have to run 28+ pitch props to get top end speeds in the low 90's. Finding good props to run in the 28-30" pitch on heavier bassboats is problematic.

plus, holeshot on an allison with a 1.62 aint a problem :)

Ally XB 21

Hey Guys,

Didn't read al the post in this thread but I think I have the guist. When I had a 250XS on my Bassport elite I could only run even with the pad without water pressure droping and throwing me into SAFE mode. This is not fun if you are running in the high 80's. I now have a 300x and still can't run above even with pad without going into SAFE mode. Only diference is that happens in the 90's now and is even less fun.
With the 250xs, 28 Hydromotive O/T X she was piniging the limiter (5850) at 89.7 and did the same thing with a 27 Trophy Plus. Hole shot was much much better with the Hydromotive and she would take a set on top end a helluva lot better than the Trophy.
I am running a Stern drive Big Hub Hydromotive on with the 300x now that will make you swallow your gum comin out of the hole and still run 92 with three people in the boat. I would think that as much tourque as the 250XS has and a 6400 limiter she could spin the same wheel with great results.

Jeff Moore

Ally XB 21

XB21er said:
Jeff-

So how are the topend and the torque on the big prop, compared to say the QIV X or the trophy?

Thanks,
Craig
Hole shot will take your hat off with one person and she will run 92 with 3(three) people in the boat. A few weeks ago on a cold march morning I was fishing a tourny with a friend and at blast off we Broke into the low 90's several times on our first run. At the first stop my partner hooked up on the first cast and when he opened the live well it was already full. I am sure you already know if you don't check the well for a few days it will work its way over to REC from AUTO if you don't check it.
You night want to know my ratio is 1:175, Gas guszzler

Jeff Moore

Ally XB 21

fishnfireman said:
Jeff,

Thanks for the input..
This big hub prop you are running is it a 4 blade ?
Hydromotive 4 Blade Stern Drive, and she throws that 21 footer around like a rag doll. I can stomp it at 60 and the left gun well will drop 4-6 inches.

Jeff Moore

Ally XB 21

FIreman,

Todd didn't work it. It is off the shelf. 27 with flare ring. 15 inch. I will have to ask Todd or Tom to get the rest of the story.

Elevation is 360. Lake Murray SC.

Jeff

spudman14

My bassport with 280 is 2 mph faster than my 21' 10" Bullet with a 300x
When I had the 280 on another 21'10" Bullet, the 300x Bullet was 5mph faster.
So I guess the Ally is 7 mph faster than the Bullet when equipped with
the same motor.

fishnfireman

Hey Spudman.

We missed you at Henry. Guess you saw the results by now.
Some good stringers on Saturday but the wt's sure fell off on Sunday. especialy mine We just ran out of fish. There were about 20 boats fishing the same creek we did. Counting ours I know of 5 stringers that had between 22 and 28 pounds on Sat.
That little lake has had so much publicity, the fishing pressure and boat activity is having an affect on the catching.
If I don't talk to you before. guess we will see you at Ute.