Where would you frivously spend money?

xb03fs

BTW I am leaning towards the cowl because I think the Alien cowls just look so cool....although with the batteries I know there would be a gain due to my experience runnign without them...and there may be no noticable gain with the cowl. I can keep taking them out or just run with one in and leave the troller set to 12V.

njj502

A new 21' Skater built for twin 300xs motors... that would be bad A$$

Oh and like I said Rock doesn't have an Alien. I got a call to a buddy that parted out a 280 to see what happened to his lid.

Last edited:

SmallJaw

Maybe an investment in Jenny Craig. Losing 20-30 lbs there will make one go faster, be quicker, live longer, and be more attractive to mama! That's not such a bad idea.:laughing

suicidealli

If had the funds, I would be sporting a 22' skater, with twin 15" drags.
Turning a good set of 30's about 9300@130... But that is me...
Maybe wave at some slow allisons when I went by..lol

xb03fs

At the IL river run there are two 20 foot skaters both with twin 280's....they are quick and FAST...they say 120's

njj502

Actually one is a pair of STOCK 260's and the other are 280's. Jeff hit his best speed this year of 127.X .... That's pretty damn fast for a pair of 260's.. I've been in the boat with him at 124... it get's there in a HURRY.

xb03fs

which one do you think is faster? The older guy with the white one seems to air it out a bit more

suicidealli

Yeah Jeff is pretty crazy.. I seen him drive his skater with 260. I think he was in the high teens then. He can wheel an Allison too.... I dont think he cares what happens...lol

Roy

racerx

Roy i dont own mine any more,i know the other 2 guys that are mentioned above,i was there this year with my comp boat with a 26 on it and ran the skater with 280s on it, from a 60 to 70 punch i put it on him till i was stung out,Brandons brother Barret was in the skater and said Jeff i have never been in this boat and watch someone pull away as you did,but it takes a bad *** allison to get out on those skaters,but there cummin for sure..

njj502

Jeff (BuzzinDozen) is faster I think but not by much. I think it's all in the setup. Either one pulls like a freight train... I told Jeff after I got out I don't think I could have jumped out of the seat if I tried!

I think Bill's white boat with the 280's would out run Jeff but maybe his boat is heavier, needs more setup, etc?

Nick

msethsmile

Funny Guy
True story about that skater mentioned above: He was sitting still (engines running?) in a slew when I passed him doing about 95 in a ss. He caught me within a mile--impressive.

mdevrow

22ft Lafitte Skiff( Nice Fiberglass Center Console) Big open deck, Plenty of room for everything!! Don't want the Yamaha on the back so I'm still looking!! Nice Fishing boats like this are HIGH.