XB 2002 - 106 w/200 Promax?

Fishforcash

I'm still waitin' patiently for the video that was promised. :wink

In all honesty... What is a number on a GPS screen other than bragging rights? With that and a dolla and a quarter it might buy you a cup of coffee and not at Starbucks. The only number that counts is that APBA number they post after a record setting event. Everything else is just window dressing.

bigtis

well, a few years ago there was a red 2002 that i have about 30 high res pics . i didnt buy it because it was a long ways away but still have the pics....

you did buy it and promptly put it up for sale in as new condition. only 1 little problem,the boat was ruff as a corn cobb on hemmhroids !
when you took your for sale pics you took them wet with towels covering the seats.
i decided to send you a p.m on another site asking specifically about the condition of the seats, bottom and fade (it was a red 1)
you replied slick as new sweet as cherry come get it..............i wanted to burn you then but thought i would let everyone else catch up with you first. so you asked here it is u know the truth.
that boat was faded, BEFORE I BUFFED it with 3m compound. It was also my First Allison, and I had it for close to a year before advertizing it. Not nearly as prompt as a buy and sell effort. the drivers seat could've been replaced if you wanted it to look like the nice fishing seats for the passengers. I'd be willing to bet I said looks dam good for a 18yr. old fishing boat. BUT nothing near cherry.

XSive

I see Obama's freedom of speach crew has been in here editting again....

boataddict

nobody east of memphis voted for comrade obamski. certainly not any e.tn folks:big grin

Last edited:

biller31

I don't personally know a single person who voted for the Obamanation. So... Ya'll definitely don't know us over here.

Mike2002

Hey all,

I just saw the thread. I had Tomad's boat. I tried a couple of time to break 100 but the best i could do was 97.5 on couple of tries with the Hoss prop. With better set up, you might get to 100 but no way 106mph. It took a lot of trim and the handling was not so good at this speed, stocksportmaster too with 1:87 gears. Like I said you might get a couple more and to 100mph but not much more. I knew of another guy in W. Ky that got about the same speed with similiar set up. I don't know of anyone other than Jaco with record boats that ran any better than I did.

Later,

Mike

BP1

Hey all,

I just saw the thread. I had Tomad's boat. I tried a couple of time to break 100 but the best i could do was 97.5 on couple of tries with the Hoss prop. With better set up, you might get to 100 but no way 106mph. It took a lot of trim and the handling was not so good at this speed, stocksportmaster too with 1:87 gears. Like I said you might get a couple more and to 100mph but not much more. I knew of another guy in W. Ky that got about the same speed with similiar set up. I don't know of anyone other than Jaco with record boats that ran any better than I did.

Later,

Mike
Mike, thanks for relating your experience.
Just serves to cast further doubt on the whole 106 claim.

Mike2002

I took some time and read the post over on Scream and Fly. I can only share my experience with the boat I had and motor with the stock sportmaster 1:87 gears and 32"Hoss that was probably closer to a 31" Hoss. I sent it back to Hoss about 3 times for tweaking. I don't have any experience with the smaller gearcase. I was running my boat empty, with no trolling motor , 1 small starter battery. I think I had 10" of set back and engine height was probably 3/4" above pad (I don't recall for sure). My motor was a '94 200 ProMax stock except I had exhanged the tuner. This motor was an early prototype that Glenn Reynolds and Darris had bought together from Mercury but I don't think anything was special about it. I think my floating weight was around 1630lbs. I had weighed the rig on truck scales and then went back and weighed the trailer only to get that weight number. I think my rpm was around 6600 and I also had an Analog A20 ECU. I was running with around 8 gal of gas also. Another run with weight moved around was 97.1 mph but only 6400 rpm. I tried a 32" ET and ran 96.1 mph. Tach was a Mercury racing 10,000 rpm tach. All speeds were GPS. Conditions were in the fall with light wind and mild temps (I don't recall exact temp but know it was not 90 F or 50 F but probably 60~75F).

As I said I tried several times with different props but was by myself and I did not have any help or guideance other than a few calls to Daris. If I had some on site help from an experienced racer I think the set up could have been tweaked to get closer to the record boats at 99 to 100mph. I don't think I saw 8~9mph potential from gearcases swaps, gearing changes, or prop changes. I really think the record boats(100~102mph) were close to the limit of potential based on my limited experience....I am not an expert. Shook or Glenn, Jaco or Daris could speak towards the max. potential. I think Glenn got 107mph out of a 225hp setup.

It was nice visiting this subject though as I wish I had crossed the triple digit mark....I sure tried hard but this was becoming a dangerous obsession for me. I traded the boat to go Kart racing. It's almost as fun goin into the low teens around the high banks of Daytona at inch and half off the ground!

Later,

mike

patches

Thats a good number. At 1630 I bet you were 100-125 lbs heavier than Randy. Don't know how much that would change anything. Prolly not much

bigtis

I took some time and read the post over on Scream and Fly. I can only share my experience with the boat I had and motor with the stock sportmaster 1:87 gears and 32"Hoss that was probably closer to a 31" Hoss. I sent it back to Hoss about 3 times for tweaking. I don't have any experience with the smaller gearcase. I was running my boat empty, with no trolling motor , 1 small starter battery. I think I had 10" of set back and engine height was probably 3/4" above pad (I don't recall for sure). My motor was a '94 200 ProMax stock except I had exhanged the tuner. This motor was an early prototype that Glenn Reynolds and Darris had bought together from Mercury but I don't think anything was special about it. I think my floating weight was around 1630lbs. I had weighed the rig on truck scales and then went back and weighed the trailer only to get that weight number. I think my rpm was around 6600 and I also had an Analog A20 ECU. I was running with around 8 gal of gas also. Another run with weight moved around was 97.1 mph but only 6400 rpm. I tried a 32" ET and ran 96.1 mph. Tach was a Mercury racing 10,000 rpm tach. All speeds were GPS. Conditions were in the fall with light wind and mild temps (I don't recall exact temp but know it was not 90 F or 50 F but probably 60~75F).

As I said I tried several times with different props but was by myself and I did not have any help or guideance other than a few calls to Daris. If I had some on site help from an experienced racer I think the set up could have been tweaked to get closer to the record boats at 99 to 100mph. I don't think I saw 8~9mph potential from gearcases swaps, gearing changes, or prop changes. I really think the record boats(100~102mph) were close to the limit of potential based on my limited experience....I am not an expert. Shook or Glenn, Jaco or Daris could speak towards the max. potential. I think Glenn got 107mph out of a 225hp setup.

mike
with me in the boat it comes in around 1440-1460 and with Oran in the boat in comes in around 30lbs more. those weights are without fuel. start running with 12 gallons. ran a best of 101 with the 1.75 sportmaster. the XR6 was good for 5 more MPH.

94 200 supermag on a 2001 280 mid and tuner. running 93 octane on 118lbs. of comp.

Last edited:

tomoad

Mike would you beleive I still haven't tried any big top end numbers after all the mods JSRE done to it. Theres nothing like running a 24et on it to 8 grand on the tach & it loaded to fish'Tournament loaded, and the 80 minnkota on the front. I got me another hoss triton 14x30, it is one of the originals back in the 90's took me a while to get it but I finally got it. Mike its good to hear from you hope your doing well