Rumblings on Lake X

msharp

Mr. REDALLISON , I AGREE 100 % . Dont think 150 to 200 #s would make much ,if any difference on the big end . IMHO.

J

John Richied

I would have to say/guess adding 200 lbs or an extra person would make a difference.

If a rig can run 122 mph solo, I doubt it could run that same top speed with another 200 lb person in the boat. :surprised

The rule of thumb I always heard is 50 lbs = 1 mph.

msharp

YES your right , I guess I was thinking the kind of HP. it takes to run those speeds , Iam thinking something like 100 lbs = 1 mph BUT ,I have never had a boat that will run that fast ,so I dont know for sure .2 mph isn't much at that speed.

Last edited:

hotshaft

I've never tried to take credit for anything, but I know what topic your talking about. If you were able to go back and read my post on fastbass you'll see that I never tried to take any credit for anything. I only told what was told to me by some of the most honest people I've ever known. I could care less about any of it to be honest, but you seem to know way more than I do about this topic.
If another APBA kilo run takes place anywhere near here and I have a boat that I think is capable of breaking the record and it hasn't been so long that I've lost interest, yes I will try to break the record. I've already stated this on fastbass.com...some people take this stuff way to personally.

Paul
Pauls last post on fastbass word for word go read it for yourself before they erase it!It's under allison boats look for the thread fastest ally

Quote" I'am 99% sure i know who the low life duche bag is.... it doesn't suprise me in the least".

We dont like being called names. It does get personal when people start calling each others name.We are not bashing anyone we just dont want to be called out like that.

Thanks hotshaft

Thank you Mercury Marine - Official 2008 FastBass Rally Sponsor

Board index

Last edited:

msharp

The funny thing is the boat hasn't even been built yet, the motor hasn't been put together yet and I have no plans to run an APBA event anytime soon...I don't even know of any APBA event this year. Some of you guys sure are bent our of shape over a bassboat that doesn't even exsist yet.

Last edited by Paul nichols; 02-15-2010 at 07:06 PM.

ALLISONMAN

I personally know someone that had a comp boat sold the comp boat to buy a bassracer and the bassracer was slower on top-end than the comp boat!!! Weight isnt everything!!! Especially when running 115+++ now accelaration it is everything!!!

hotshaft

:razz
Just for the record, paul was at bullet today to check on the boat that doesn't exist yet .
Yea i am going next week to check it out. It wont be hard to find.It will be the only boat in there with the first letter "A". :big grin OOPS i mean B sorry had to have alittle fun.:LMAO:

bishopg

One thing is for sure if there is a kilo run in that area and if Paul gets that super secret NASA approved black gelcoat one off cause he doesnt want carpet Bullet he will break the record. Hell I think the man could get Dale to build a bad enough 150 and do it in center console G3 Cause he is the man! He just wont pull up at HDBA headquarters!!! Paul knows im right on that. LOL LOL LOL LOL

xb03fs

It is a Lanier Custom Bass Boat Kinda like a Center Console, saltwater rig with center seating kina like an xb03 with double single traditional consoles dual xb02 Pods?? Not a v-hull but a hydroplane/training wheel boat.

They make a standard layup version, 80s and 90s, and a lighter one, over 100 and this guy getting 120 with a lot of testing, bunch of deck and storage

msharp

thats cool , I dont know all the rules in the deal . just know it must weigh 1500 #s and be a bassboat ! that 120 is gettin on with it for sure

Last edited:

racerx

Boat looks like it weighs every bit of 1600lbs,looks twice as wide as a 2002,center counsle,and a place for the trolling motor,i would consider it a bass boat?Lookin at the video it passed the 116 world record,on pump gas.Thats gettin it..

racerx

Did you not see 120mph,on a full screen GPS? Sure its not the world record,its not on a course,that you have to hold a steady speed,for a certain distance,but i am sure that boat wouldnt have a problem,he looked to have the boat under control,with ease.give credit where it belongs..

whipper

Did you not see 120mph,on a full screen GPS? Sure its not the world record,its not on a course,that you have to hold a steady speed,for a certain distance,but i am sure that boat wouldnt have a problem,he looked to have the boat under control,with ease.give credit where it belongs..
I agree those tunnels haul the mail for sure with out question. They are a full true tunnel hulled boat. I dont think there faster than a 2002 but they are sure very very fast 120 is getting it! XB2002,s are in the mid to high 120,s and even the odd run to 130+ as your aware. Sure look like a great design though with a very stable fishing platform.