Search results

1. J

sad day for allison owners family

Hello there Allison Owners' Family I finally fired up Jim's computer a few days ago and on his desktop was this Forum and he was still signed on. Today I was able to read all the tributes to him. He certainly loved his time with all of you and looked forward to his 75th in 2015. I only went...
  2. J

Promax help needed again..

High side stator is in the 2700 to 3200 RPM range. Could be the stator but you should also check the switch boxes. I had the same problem with the motor just stopping like pulling the kill switch. Turns out I had a switch box that had some kind of short to ground when the motor warmed up...
  3. J

Is there anything better.....

Flat calm , early morning cool , on pad and aired out , look back , suns rays through prop mist , ethereal beauty . Jim
  4. J

260 vs 225 pro max fuel use

OK !! So does anyone out there want to let us know just what kind of fuel mileage a 225 Promax gets ----- 4 , 5 , 6 miles per gallon ????
  5. J

Old man Jim from Florida

This is the old man !!!! I'm on the board as Jimxb02. I live on the gulf coast north of Tampa FL in a small town called Hernando Beach. Lots of fun running with you Jeff. When that XR takes a set it really flies. Keep it waxed and looking good ; I don't think Darris is going to make...
  6. J

Opinions please(Favorite prop cut for 02's)

First call Todd at Hydromotive and tell him what model Allison, motor and setup you have and what you want to do ( fish, race, or cruise ) . Other props to try ----- Hoss hyperdrive 14.5 X 28 ; Drag3 14.5 X 30 Jim
  7. J

Anybody else find their automatic bilge pump to be completely useless?

I've always had bad luck with auto pumps in my XB2002. Bought a new manual pump with capacity to keep up with a storm and wired it to it's own switch on the dashboard (with fuse ). Simple two wire circuit with no problems for three years. Jim
  8. J

Ron hill vs merc

With the power you have I would try a 28" drag three or call Todd at hydromotive for his help. The quad 4 OT from Hydromotive always works well on the XB03's. I have a 28" Drag 3 on my XB2002 with 225 Promax --- with raised limiter. Runs 99 to 100 GPS. Or plan "B" , send a used chopper to...
  9. J

New top speed for Endangered Species

Make the move now Lou ------- carpe diem !!!! I escaped from San Mateo, CA in 1998 an never looked back. Good luck. Jim
  10. J

225, 260, 280

Stay with the Promax 225 !!!! If your fishing and summer with family, the promax is all you need. Well set up and a good prop they run very strong on the 02 with lower maintenance cost and good gas mileage. If you have to rebuild --- the promax is less trouble and money. If you put the...
  11. J

Drag 4 or ?

With the power you have I would start at 1/2" below pad and work up to maybe even when you have some seat time ( assuming you still have the lip on pad ). Jim
  12. J

I guess winter is here.

Sunny and warm here today. Took boat for an early morning ride ---- dog jumped in ----- wife says he won't stop barking if I leave him behind. Cut grass this afternoon ; cooler than summertime but still has to be cut once a week. Wish everyone a good holiday season !!!!! Jim Tampa , FL
  13. J

Hydromotive quad4 OT

I've been running a quad4 o/t on my xb2002 for a few years. Best all around prop I have. Will carrry a load and will run a good top end running light. Jim
  14. J

fastpass 2013

Plan to be there this year !!!! Let me know when to book room. Jim
  15. J

XB2002 With a 260 Best prop?

I have the quad4 on my xb02 when I am carrying a load or just crusing ----- great all around prop Jim
  16. J

Xb 2002 set up

Don't touch the lip !!! The shape and dimensions are more complex than a cursory observation can detect. From the numbers you stated you have an efficient setup ( prop slip is between 7 and 8 percent ). Your boat is reacting the way most XB02's run. Suicideally post above has some good...
  17. J

age of allison owners

I know it's some effort to read the posts from page one to the last page ----- but on page four I posted my age of 72. I plan to be at the Allison Cliffton rally in July at the age of 73. I'm not the fastest boat on the water, but I have a promax on a XB02 that has surprised many kids. Old...
  18. J

225X Limiter

Thanks Roy !!!!!! Jim
  19. J

XB2002 225x fist impressions

The xb02 is a fun boat to drive !!!! There is a great variation in how the boat reacts depending on power, setup and prop. My xb02 has 13.5 inches of setback and 3/8" above pad with a sportmaster. I'm going to experiment with a higher setting next year. I have a modified lip and the boat...
  20. J

Performance Proppeller

I also like my Hydromotive 28" quad4/OT for carrying a load and my Hoss hyperdrive 30" for best top end. Jim