Search results

1. ScottB

Flo-Torq Hub Wobble

I notice some 'wiggle' in the prop (30P ET) when I was checking the prop for any issues at the end of the day. The plastic insert has some looseness in it, causing the prop to wiggle a little (shaft is solid and straight). I will replace the Flo-Torq hub this week, but was wondering if this is...
  2. ScottB

GS Interior

Purchased a new interior, so this one is available for $400 + shipping. Comes will sun pads et al and is in good condition. Two small cracks on the driver's seat. Open to trade for a 4-blade prop. New interior came in 4 boxes, so shipping could add up. I am located in 60069.
  3. ScottB

Three Lakes Shootout

Anyone ever go to this event in Three Lakes Wisconsin http://threelakesshootout.com I was eyeing this as a nice trip for the weekend and wondered if anyone had any feedback. We use to take the sleds up to Eagle River when we were kids, and the scenery is beautiful; however, I have never been...
  4. ScottB

Shine on the GS

Great materials last a long time! This is a 1993 with a little DA buffing with Meguiars 105 and 205.
  5. ScottB

Best Apps

Little quiet on the board, so I thought I would throw this one out there... What are you favorite boating apps on your phone? I have Navionics mapping, Speedometer, US Rivers, Hering props calculator, Gas Oil Mix. What do you use?:at the bar
  6. ScottB

USB Charger

Anyone ever install a USB charger (or cigarette lighter) in their boat? They have just a + and - coming off, and I wonder if I could just connect this to an open toggle switch on the fuse panel. Suggestions? I like to be able to charge my phone et al if needed.
  7. ScottB

High Five Prop

I found a really inexpensive High Five prop (21 P Model: 48-815760) and read this might work well for a good ski/tubing prop. I have a GrandSport with a 225, small shaft sportmaster and 1.87 gears. Will this fit and work OK for this need?
  8. ScottB

Boatbuckle versus turnbuckle?

How many have made the switch to a Boatbuckle bow tie-down system? I towed the new ride with the turnbuckle when I brought her home, and did not think this was a good system. I already ordered a new bow eye, as it is pretty torn-up from years of trailering with a turnbuckle. If you moved...
  9. ScottB

Interior Choices

I am planning to put a new interior into the GS this winter. The factory will only consider making changes to the 'inserts' in the seats, and I would have to get these done with an outside vendor and ship the inserts to Allison to be built within the seats and sun pad. Another option is to use...
  10. ScottB

GrandSport is home

Just picked-up a beautiful 1993 GrandSport with a 225 from Nick (njj502). Very easy transaction and cannot wait to get her in the water. Since Nick did a great set-up, I will be doing the cosmetic portion this winter. Plan is for a new interior with carpet. Looking forward to meeting you...
  11. ScottB

Grandsport with power

Looking for a Grandsport with power. Open to one which needs updating or is a '10'. Priced under $20K, or else it is not for me. Prefer red, blue, black or yellow.