Search results

1. jaybluez

2023 xb21

I posted in performance motors about my 250R. My rig is a 2023 xb21 Bassport pro elite with 2023 Merc 250R and 9” of setback. I have about 50 hours on it and have been working on getting speed out of this thing. I live on Toledo bend so I am not looking to break records so I want it setup...
  2. jaybluez

250R

I have a 2023 Bassport pro elite with a 2023 Merc 250 R. For those running a 250R on their boats, do you guys have a fuel pump at the tank to assist sending fuel to motor or do y’all just have the fuel hose with the primer bulb? I’m having issues with mine dropping rpm’s at speed. It’s not a...
  3. jaybluez

Xb21 prosport storage

I have searched unsuccessfully trying to find a walk through video or pictures of the front storage in an xb21 prosport. I've had an xb2002 and my father had an xb2003. Is it open under the front deck like the xb2003? Would anyone who has this boat be kind enough to post a pic or video...
  4. jaybluez

1995 XB 2003

Selling a 1995 xb2003 with 200 efi merc with coned lower (not pictured). Motor cranks right up. Motorguide Brute stroller. Boat in decent shape but not perfect. Carpet is rough. Seats in decent shape, have rear bench seat also. Trailer tires are good, rear cross member has a rust spot...
  5. jaybluez

Xb 2003 rod locker latch

I am in need of one. I found some that look like the exact replacement from southco but none of them properly fit the opening already cut out for it. Does anyone have the part number for the direct replacement?
  6. jaybluez

WTB 26p

Looking for either hydromotive quad 4 x-ot or mercury pro et that accepts flo-torq hub or hubbed for fat shaft. Thanks
  7. jaybluez

Allison Jackplate

I have an Allison jack plate for sale. Came off of an XB2003, it is on my 20xd right now. It is an adjustable setback plate in addition to adjusting various heights. The setback is adjustable from 9.75" to 12.5". I believe this will work with a 15" mid also but not 100% sure. Maybe some of you...
  8. jaybluez

My Happy Father's Day

Took my son to back to White Lake after a nice outing there two weeks ago. My son caught some bream on his own last trip out and he was looking for a repeat. The fishing was a little tougher today than the last trip out but he managed a few bream and his first bass all on his own. It was a...
  9. jaybluez

30p chopper

Please delete post.
  10. jaybluez

txp's

I would like to hear from guys that are running a txp on their rig and some real #'s on pitch and rpms. I am on the market for a new wheel and from what I hear I should get a prop 2" smaller than what I'm running now if I switch from the trophy I'm running to a txp. I'm running a 27" trophy and...
  11. jaybluez

Brack

Brack you have PM
  12. jaybluez

Rectifier problems

Took the ole girl out this weekend and while running my tach went to zero. I popped the cowling and found the rectifier melted a hole in itself. My question is what purpose does it serve other than sending signal to the tach from stator and will it hurt to run the motor with just one instead...
  13. jaybluez

TXPs

Has anyone run a TXP on their allison? If so, what are likes and dislikes?
  14. jaybluez

Another Allison First...

I haven't cranked the ole girl up since March. Mother nature has decided since I don't use the boat she will.... [img]http://www.putfile.com/pic/8270667[img] [img]http://www.putfile.com/pic/8270668[img]
  15. jaybluez

xb 21 2+2 video

Does anyone have or know the link to the Allison xb 21 2+2 video on youtube? I watched one where the xb21 was running across a lake that was pretty rough, the boat just scooted across w/ no touble at all. Wanna show my wife, so she can catch that new boat bug also:laughing.
  16. jaybluez

Spark plugs

I went to pick up an extra set of spark plugs and the ones recommended were an NGK...$20 and some change a pop. Just curious if there was a 'generic' plug out there for a 1998 225 promax?
  17. jaybluez

promax poor idle

I got a lil' problem that I hope you guys can help me with. Got a '98 promax, oil inj removed, running 40:1 oil. Problem is the motor killing on me at a 1200rpm or lower idle speed. When it does this, I go to the back and pump the fuel hose bulb up (the bulb is not collapsed) about 3 times...
  18. jaybluez

26p Chopper

I've got a 26p chopper, serial 48-89858-26. Has weed cutters. It was one of two props that came with boat. It had a slight vibration when we ran it initially, had the prop balanced and all is well and had a new bushing installed. Fits small shaft merc, yamaha spline. Asking 200 shipped...
  19. jaybluez

Promax Question

I recently picked up a '98 225promax. I noticed the water discharge hoses aren't set up like the ones I had on my 280. On the 280, both hoses ran from the block out to the cowling. The hoses on the 225 come off the block, one goes out the back of the cowling and the other goes to the mid...
  20. jaybluez

Jackplate question

I have a concern pertaining to these allison jackplates. I traded my dad an 8" or 9" jackplate for the adjustable jackplate that allison makes. I now have the adjustable plate on my xb02 and my dad has the old standard 9" with a hydraulic plate (4") piggy backed on it. I noticed the adjustable...