2001 Allison River Racer

BGohr

Listen to Jason talking about kickin tires, the toes are wore out of all his shoes

Dave Hensley

We all know that the Allison factory is second to none when it comes to gelcoat finish. I got to see what Mr. Jeff did with his detail job today up close. Drop dead gorgeous. The man is a master. JC would you let us in on the process and materials used?

suicidealli

The xr 2001 will run big numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful!!!!!
Not me!!!!! I ran 123 in mine one day with a 28p. Smooth, and like sitting on the couch.............. It was fun, a rush, and awesome, but thinks are coming at you pretty fast.... I don't know what it could actually run all out, and I'm not going to find out...lmao

congrades

Roy

Dave Hensley

I have been away from it for a while. Raced ODBA in 2000 and 2001. Had a Xr2001 with a Galen Burden 2.7 liter Merc. Ran a 28p on it one time but never wanted to stretch my race junk out for a mile over and over. Thinking the RR is the right hull with enough extra
weight/stiffening to feel right. If that isnt the Allison hull to run a big number what is? I sure dont feel good in the Bass Racer anywhere near the buck-twenty mark, but old age and aching bones might have something to do with it. Horsepower is not a problem, might need to find a wheel man.

JASONPIJANOWSKI

Dave
Get that short runt you bought it off to run a big number. He's fearless or stupid, anyways he's the man for the job. Jason

BGohr

I have been away from it for a while. Raced ODBA in 2000 and 2001. Had a Xr2001 with a Galen Burden 2.7 liter Merc. Ran a 28p on it one time but never wanted to stretch my race junk out for a mile over and over. Thinking the RR is the right hull with enough extra
weight/stiffening to feel right. If that isnt the Allison hull to run a big number what is? I sure dont feel good in the Bass Racer anywhere near the buck-twenty mark, but old age and aching bones might have something to do with it. Horsepower is not a problem, might need to find a wheel man.
Well I'd have to tell you to call Jeff if you were looking for a wheel man,well I would have a few years ago, we all know with the increase of that shiny spot on the top of his head, his need for speed has been "shrinking" as well as other things.......................

Dave Hensley

He and I talked about the weight leaving the right foot and finding other places to settle. It happens. 25 years is a huge amount of time for any record to stand. Technology has made huge advances and we still sit around and slobber over a number that was put up in 1987. The factory is complacent as there is no need to break their own record. It will be broken. Seems to me it will take a collaboration and a community such as this board to make it happen.

michael j giesler

as for a driver for the record run hands down Jeff C aka RacerX just think after he does it he could be on the cover of aarp magazine:big grin

BGohr

aarp probably will not extend his insurance coverage for this

BGohr

He and I talked about the weight leaving the right foot and finding other places to settle. It happens. 25 years is a huge amount of time for any record to stand. Technology has made huge advances and we still sit around and slobber over a number that was put up in 1987. The factory is complacent as there is no need to break their own record. It will be broken. Seems to me it will take a collaboration and a community such as this board to make it happen.
Really? The record was set with a 2.4 200 on an open cockpit boat, your boat with any S3 would be in the 20's??

patches

There's already been an XR2001 go 122-123 with a carb 2.5 200. A well setup Drag motor will go faster than I think the boat can be driven safely

Dave Hensley

And an XR2002 goes 129 average and the legend says it was in the traps at 134? What is the barrier, opportunity or ability? Was the APBA more accessible 25 years ago? Were folks hungrier for success? What is the set up? Where it will it happen?