A-owners Lake Fork fishing trip???

RedAllison

roflmao @ Dennis, jest 'cause my "trunkmonkey" can use all dat lektrawnik stuff like a whiz, DON'T mean he can "strapolate" it all out and put fish inda bote!!! :LMAO:

:beer:
RA

GotMyAlly

Naw....Dennis's boat just isn't 'experienced' like mine is. I bet if we took that 997 off his boat and put it on mine, we'd load the boat in an hour.

Texan

Hey RA! Were you able to get the honeymoon suite? I'm going to go ahead and reserve a room in the motel this week. I can always cancel it if it isn't needed. Lemme know.
Bill

TN XB-21

Well I followed Texas' lead and I got my reservations for the Lake Fork Trip. I am really looking forward to it.:beer:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that is two of us that are going.:laughing!!

RedAllison

OK, sorry for the delay, I just got off the phone with LFM and EVERYTHING except regular rooms is already booked for pretty much the entire months of Mar-April. All of their suites, lodges etc... are already booked. :very sad As of today he has 10 regular rooms available for March 26-30, 2008. I asked him about room blocks and he said no problem, just a credit card (with no initial charge) and he said that they won't make any charges until 24 hours before the first date. If no one shows up on the 26th then the card will be charged 1 day for each of those rooms! Fair enough, like I said this lake books QUICK for that time of year.

I'm going to call back and get a block of 5 rooms (2 queen beds in each) I'm sure we'll need more (Tex and Dennis already have their rooms it looks like) and there are several other motels closeby in case we fill up Lake Fork Marina.

:at the bar
RA

RedAllison

Ok I just got off the phone with Jerry and I now have 5 rooms booked March 26th-30th, 2008. (Tex and Dennis I asked him if you guys had already booked, he said he didn't have anyone else but 1dayers so far :confused: You called Lake Fork Marina? http://www.lakeforkmarina.com/ )

He said if we give him everyones info, even those booking after our 5 are full, he would put all us together! (He don't know us does he? :laughing ) The room block is under my name, "Jim McFarland group" as well as the "Allison tournament".

WON'T BE LONG fellows, things bookin quick and there AINT no drought in TX. I think the lake is SLAMAZZ FULL right now and aint no reason it won't stay that way through next year.

:at the bar
RA

ps
And again, as of this afternoon 10/16/07 LFM has 5 remaining rooms unspoken for during the tournament dates. Like I said there are several other decent places within a couple of miles (and still on the water as well) within either direction of LFM. But they ALL get busy and book quick for spring!!!

TN XB-21

RA,

I booked the 25th thru the night of the 29th so that is what may have confused him.:confused: I wanted to get a guide for at least two days so I could have a chance to come in dead last with some dignity still left:sad!!!

RedAllison

2 days of practice WIFA guide??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:

Asda self appointed Tourney Director I'll deal with that pending your finish in the tourney on Saturday!!!

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:
RA

Texan

Alright! I just hung up with them and am coming in on the 26th. I got another room to leave room for the five you reserved.

Hey Dennis! I know a helluva guide there and wouldn't mind splitting him with you. You can take him on Wednesday and either one or the both of us can go out with him on Thursday. Let me know and I'll get it worked out with him.

By the way....Red reserved 5, Dennis and I have one each. They told me two weeks ago they had 14 left. Even if nobody else had made reservations, that leaves 7 rooms at LFM.
The next closest is just up the road - less than a mile - Lake Fork Resort (http://www.lakeforkresort.com/). I don't know what is south of there.

Better get em while you can. Most have a 24 hour cancellation policy and none charge the credit card at the time you make the reservation. If you have an inkling of a thought that you'll be going, make a reservation now. You can cancel it up to the day before.

Bill

Last edited:

RedAllison

Bill when I booked this afternoon he told me he only had 10 left. Then I booked 5 and you got 1 so that should only leave 4 remaining rooms for that time period.

Guys if you call soon and those 4 remaining rooms are booked then there are motels ALLOVER the lake, (within 2-5 miles of LFM I know of LF Resort, Mustang Resort, Popes Landing and I'm sure umpteen I can't remember) but if you anymore than 50% sure you are coming then go ahead and book a room NOW. They WILL be filled with another week or two I'd guess. A month MAX!!! 500K anglers fish Fork annually and the majority of those are between mid Feb and mid April.

:beer:
RA

TN XB-21

You said..."Hey Dennis! I know a helluva guide there and wouldn't mind splitting him with you. You can take him on Wednesday and either one or the both of us can go out with him on Thursday. Let me know and I'll get it worked out with him."

Bill,

The above sounds good to me if you can work it out. I will take him on Wed. the 26th and I am willing to go with you and him on the 27th. I should learn a lot going with the two of you:beer:!! I may make a Bass fisherman yet!!!:smile!!

Maybe you both can tell me/show me how to keep from tearing up my new XB-21 on the stumps!!:shock:!!!!!

Texan

The only way to stay off the stumps at Fork is to stay in the boat lanes! Last year, this guide I'm talking to ripped the arse-end of his LOANER rig off when he tagged a stump. His new '08 was being rigged by Skeeter when this occurred. Luckily, nobody was injured. The motor was dangling off the back of the boat by the wiring when they were able to get it back on the trailer!

RedAllison

Yep Fork is a GREAT place to BREAK in a boat!!! :embarassed

RDW1 was only 5 days old when I first carried her to Fork. I bet there's STILL some stumps down there with red gel on em. :cuss

BUT they ARE fishin boats, :beer:
RA

ps
Dennis you may wanna carry a "brush prop" wifya. I think I'm gonna see if I can't come up with some pos beater between now and then. It's NOT the lake to be using your custom cut bling blingers on!!!

TN XB-21

Good idea. Let me know what you come up with. I think I will idle a lot:shock: :shock: !!!!!! Maybe I will just "rip around" the whole lake with the Troller!!!:LMAO:

RedAllison

ALL SYSTEMS GO FOLKS!!! :beer: This IS happening so if you truly wanna go I'd suggest callin for rooms now. I don't know how many of the 5 rooms I spoke for are taken yet. I tell everyone to just call down there (Lake Fork Marina) and tellem you want one of the Jim McFarland/Allison Tournament rooms. I know of 4 boats that are committed for sure at this point (TN XB-21, Texan, Myself, BobAnt, with TN and TX already having their own rooms booked). 2-3 more 90%+ at this time and I'm sure several more will commit. BUT remember, late Feb-April is PRIME TIME @ Fork and everything down there books early. I wouldn't wait until after New Years to be calling looking for guides, rooms etc... I'm sure if you wait you can probably still find something down there but I doubt it'll be at LFM with the rest of us.

MAN I'm READY!!! :gone fishing:gone fishing
RA

RedAllison

Tex like you said, alot of guys inda woods, puttin boats up forda season, and "settlin in forda winter". I wouldn't expect a "rush" until after the New Year. Folks can better plan for off time and such after then I suppose. But like we know, they gonna play hell gettin a place to stay on a slim notice on Fork in March!!!

I'll put a "Ofishkul list" up for 100% sure anglers tonight. But I'll leave it up until the trip. I reckon if a few late "signers on/stragglers" can find rooms in Sulphur Springs of somewhere like that if they wait until nextyear to commit!

I'm ready NOW!!! :beer:
RA

Texan

Amen, Bro. Ifn dis deal I got workin on a GS works out, I'll get my buddy to pull her down too for a mini-rally!