Allison SS-2000 - everything about

ragab

Aeneas--
The 'beast' tag was for chuckles. It was pre e-tec and Ficht. That was a stock (except for cone) 115 Fastrike Johnson (98?). I was running 30 inch wheel on that thing and the holeshot was tolerable. Anyway, it ate a few big blocks for lunch--by well over 5 mph. Drawback was the lower unit which I could not keep in one piece (elevated shaft heights).

Might try it again someday with a beefier lower unit. I think 90 is possible with a souped up pump gas v-4. SS is a very efficient hull.
Msetthsmile- I have a v-4 looper on my SS2000 Excel. I used a x-flow gear case (1988) It seem to hold up very well. No bearing carrier issues. I'm spinning a Mazco RE3 28" . Best I did on my Livorsi GPS 86-87MPH.
I ordered a 30" pitch ET which I will try next with some other mods. Probably would bring me close to 90????

Bruss

Darth VMAX

Msetthsmile- I have a v-4 looper on my SS2000 Excel. I used a x-flow gear case (1988) It seem to hold up very well. No bearing carrier issues. I'm spinning a Mazco RE3 28" . Best I did on my Livorsi GPS 86-87MPH.
I ordered a 30" pitch ET which I will try next with some other mods. Probably would bring me close to 90????

Bruss
The 122ci. Looper V4's had some serious balls to them and even more "ball" poential! Too bad they stopped making them. Please post of pic of your rig, its nice to see differnt set-ups.

ragab

The 122ci. Looper V4's had some serious balls to them and even more "ball" poential! Too bad they stopped making them. Please post of pic of your rig, its nice to see differnt set-ups.[/QUOTE

Yes that's the one I'm playing with 122ci . Will post some pics

Bruss

msethsmile

Funny Guy
90 w/ a v4 would tend to tick-off some big blocks. I don't think any other lower units fit on the fastrike series??

Lotus 50

How much weaker are the 'small block' loopers that followed the 2L V4s? I'm thinking of getting more torque for my 16' Baja/100 V4 crossflow.

ragab

90 w/ a v4 would tend to tick-off some big blocks. I don't think any other lower units fit on the fastrike series??
I don't like the gearcases that came withh the Fast strike enginesv-4/6 and some 2 cylinders also. Those have a bearing housing with the two retaining tab/bolts, IMO the worse gearcase OMC ever built.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
ragab--
that figures, I should have gone w/ a cross flow or looper.

Another nice motor was the yamaha v-4. Had one on the ss also.
A ss w/ the new 115 rude etec ho or the merc 115 xs would be cool. Hopefully run 80+ and get 10 (?) mpg at cruise.

ragab

ragab--
that figures, I should have gone w/ a cross flow or looper.

Another nice motor was the yamaha v-4. Had one on the ss also.
A ss w/ the new 115 rude etec ho or the merc 115 xs would be cool. Hopefully run 80+ and get 10 (?) mpg at cruise.
Msetsmile,

I forgot to mention that all testing and speeds I reached so far where with 3/4-full gas tank and a blue top marine battery (Model D34M ) weigh 34#

ragab

michael j giesler

that Was RacerX on here driving his old ss with a 260 he was showing the new owner how to drive it he had that boat to 116 mph with a 2005 drag on it

aeneas

After sweeping the last snow off my wooden deck by my house yesterday, having put some pots out for plants and enjoyed my first coffee outside in the sun feeling and believing that spring was on the way I woke up this morning to 2" of snow (puh, long sentence!). I thought I would bump this thread by posting two pics that I have in all honesty stolen from the web. *shame* The lines of the SS-2000 are striking but sometimes difficult to catch but here they do the boat justice!

It has also come to my attention that there is a new member of the Allison family with a yellow 2011 SS-2000 - yellow but certainly not chicken! :big grin
I am looking forward to information about this boat and the new engine that will be on it!

If the owner

Allyfishing

Nils...didn't you get your boat in the water yet???!!!!!!

For goodness sakes....let get going on it!!! lOL!!!!!

I hear ya on the "where the heck is spring"? Can't wait!

aeneas

Craig, yesterday basking in the sun I started to dream about boating... Today I had a really really bad morning starting with a double Salkow on the way to work - a reminder of winter and that it is not over! I saw one of the neighbors kids fall so I thought if I walk a differnet path I could avoid falling but to no avail. Then the trains did not run so I had to take a bus... (Yes, I use public transportation to and from work as it saves me about an hour per day). I can't remember swearing that much since I stopped driving to work.

Looking at those pics of the SS - my God, please let it be spring! I think I will have the boat in the water by late June. How about you?

Last edited: