Anyone serious about a new xr2002? 3 or 4 orders needed!!!

SmallJaw

I'm guessing that's why most people go into business... To make money. I doubt if anyone has enough "extra thousands" for Darris to allow someone else to cut up his history making record setting molds. It's easy to knock them for how much they need to get this done . But he is the only one that knows how much it is going to take to get the molds in shape to end up with a product he will put his name on . We all complain From time to time about his pricing. But personally I am very happy that he's still in business . I know I have sent my fair share of money to them over the years And of all the boat companies from the 80s 90s he is one of the very few survivors That you can call up and get a part for your older boat. I have heard when the economy was at its worse ,he put his employees on four day work weeks and even had them doing building maintenance to keep them in a paycheck and keep his long-term craftsmen employed with him. That is the kind of company I don't mind spending a little extra money to support .So at the end of the day it has to make financial sense for him and his company or it ain't gonna happen .
You are right on bro. If I made all the money people, including many employees, thought I made over the years I'd be a zillionaire and long ago retired. It's not how many million you bring in that matters to a businessman; its how many penny's you keep!:wink

Dave Hensley

Mines been lookin so good in the garage but not to good without a motor,so I broke down and bought a ss fishin motor and put on it today,and then off to Bills to hook a few things up and see how it runs,it is spring and the fever is on, and let the 002s rip...
Did you get a 200xs?

racerx

Dave got a 9.9 evinrude gonna do a speed record..LOL Got a promax 225..

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
+1 to bassracr and SmallJaw.

Now, 104 posts later, who is gonna fall off their wallet and buy?

jas638

Banned
I'm guessing that's why most people go into business... To make money. I doubt if anyone has enough "extra thousands" for Darris to allow someone else to cut up his history making record setting molds. It's easy to knock them for how much they need to get this done . But he is the only one that knows how much it is going to take to get the molds in shape to end up with a product he will put his name on . We all complain From time to time about his pricing. But personally I am very happy that he's still in business . I know I have sent my fair share of money to them over the years And of all the boat companies from the 80s 90s he is one of the very few survivors That you can call up and get a part for your older boat. I have heard when the economy was at its worse ,he put his employees on four day work weeks and even had them doing building maintenance to keep them in a paycheck and keep his long-term craftsmen employed with him. That is the kind of company I don't mind spending a little extra money to support .So at the end of the day it has to make financial sense for him and his company or it ain't gonna happen .
thanks for for your input, but your in the water on your commentary. lets see ,people go into business to make money? yes correct. however if your not makin boats your not making money.next ,a few extra thousand ,yeah i got it . as far as knocking them ,i am not .as far as him being the only one who knows how long it will take to tool the molds and build a somewhat rigged boat ? your wrong, i know cause i talked to him about it. the turn around time on 4 boats was surprisingly less then i would have thought. as far as what makes financial sense for a business ? its production!!!!! dont tell me anything about business . i used to own 3 retail franchises. i have had over 35 people work for me at one time.in all my years i never had to lay anybody off!!! you state "when the economy was bad? its still bad!!!!! he isn't making near as many boats as he used to. he told me himself he is a "custom shop". what do think i am trying to do !!! put him out of business by buying a boat and by trying to get 4 orders.i know for a fact i got 2 orders.if he dont want to build the boats ,then the best financial decision he could make would be to sell the molds. having his employes do odds and ends and cutting them to a 4day workweek is great for them to earn a paycheck ,but i bet they would rather do what they love to do and what is gonna bring money into the company-build boats.i got a guy up here that could build em. maybe i will talk to him about buying the molds. boy that will sure piss off alot of guys on here:big grin so here is post 106
, and like a lot of other post on this my mom,my mom,my mom wa,wa,wa, who is crying about what now forum

Last edited:

2003225X

thanks for for your input, but your in the water on your commentary. lets see ,people go into business to make money? yes correct. however if your not makin boats your not making money.next ,a few extra thousand ,yeah i got it . as far as knocking them ,i am not .as far as him being the only one who knows how long it will take to tool the molds and build a somewhat rigged boat ? your wrong, i know cause i talked to him about it. the turn around time on 4 boats was surprisingly less then i would have thought. as far as what makes financial sense for a business ? its production!!!!! dont tell me anything about business . i used to own 3 retail franchises. i have had over 35 people work for me at one time.in all my years i never had to lay anybody off!!! you state "when the economy was bad? its still bad!!!!! he isn't making near as many boats as he used to. he told me himself he is a "custom shop". what do think i am trying to do !!! put him out of business by buying a boat and by trying to get 4 orders.i know for a fact i got 2 orders.if he dont want to build the boats ,then the best financial decision he could make would be to sell the molds. having his employes do odds and ends and cutting them to a 4day workweek is great for them to earn a paycheck ,but i bet they would rather do what they love to do and what is gonna bring money into the company-build boats.i got a guy up here that could build em. maybe i will talk to him about buying the molds. boy that will sure piss off alot of guys on here:big grin so here is post 106
, and like a lot of other post on this my mom,my mom,my mom wa,wa,wa, who is crying about what now forum
Here's a friendly piece of advice for you... I think its time to "put up or shut up." Take some of your "self proclaimed business professional money" and buy one... hell buy two! Then you would have a total of 3 orders and would get a great deal...

mikesufka

Here's a friendly piece of advice for you... I think its time to "put up or shut up." Take some of your "self proclaimed business professional money" and buy one... hell buy two! Then you would have a total of 3 orders and would get a great deal...
+1 - just get the ball rolling. Pay the extra "G" or two. You'll be a legend in the Allison community if you can get the 2013 XR2002 rolling.

If Darris isn't going to make any money making one or two, why bother? He should just go boating.

My 2 cents.

MDS

RedAllison

:cuss guys is it really necessary to get into arguements about who is or isn't going to order a new boat? :blah blah blah Some maturity please? :relax:

As for "buying one of Darris' molds"... :LMAO: I think Obama will become a life member of the NRA and recommend the end of welfare before he sells a mold, ESPECIALLY to his fastest boat!!!

catfish123

It's the old "supply and demand" economics at work. There isn't enough demand so there isn't any supply at a price that some feel is acceptable or reasonable. I guess this is sort of a new Darris Allison "supply and demand issue". He is "his own" man and unfortunately for those looking for understandable logic, he does not have to explain his business decisions to any of us. He does what he does because he can and we all have to live with the outcomes of his decisions.

Last edited:

Iowafshr

It's too bad there isn't a dealer willing to take the risk and order a couple.

jas638

Banned
really not gonna get into or apologize for what i have done right in my life and for the decisions i have made that have paid off. i am still a simple blue collard ,middle class man. content and comfortable.as long as i make my own choices and dont listen to impulsive advice like that ,is why i am able to hold on to it. but if i was a 20 something think i know it all already i might just do what you said to do. but one thing? how does buy one ...hell buy two !!! add up to three? wouldnt that still be 2? so you want me to give them money for three boats and only get two. here is something somebody once told me when i was in my twenties i never forgot it " if you dont open your mouth ,and you dont say anything ... people wont know how stupid you are " .. you can choose to reply ,which you will .i know your an emotionally driven commentary type young man,but really is it necessary .. your comment above was already unnecessary and needless and pointless. this was a thread ,for the purpose of getting a few boats built thats all. so lets drop it.

xb03fs

If I was rich I would buy 4 from allison and sell them to the highest bidder.

hack02

I think the last mold that was retired ended up integrated into one of the walls of the cave at the Allison Family Catfish House.

jas638

Banned
If this thread doesn't become "de-personalized" it to will get the eraser saber!

:relax:
RA

It would be best if you did. To many opinionated commentary . I seriously don't know why I waste my time . Maybe it's because I am addicted to wanting to know what the next pointless comment is gonna be ! Delete the thread please .do everybody a favor.